Club Statement

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Club Statement

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jan 2017, 13:03

We won't be making any signings from the Bulls although we have been offered some. Here :-

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5153

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Club Statement

Post by lurcher » 03 Jan 2017, 15:06

think tat may be a barbed comment aimed at sale sharks. :D :clap:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 03 Jan 2017, 15:10

lurcher wrote:think tat may be a barbed comment aimed at sale sharks. :D :clap:
And maybe warning agents of their conduct.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Jan 2017, 15:21

Does this now change with the news that Bradford have now gone into liquidation? I 100% agreed with the statement before the news broke, however there are now players needing a job and so does that change the goalposts slightly?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 03 Jan 2017, 15:27

The club is rumoured to reform, did the Rfl take over there contracts to safeguard them? I'm sure that's happened before

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Jan 2017, 15:33

TT Tiger wrote:The club is rumoured to reform, did the Rfl take over there contracts to safeguard them? I'm sure that's happened before
Good point. I guess we will need to wait for the statement from the RFL. If the club does reform will it be with a points deduction in the Championship, or on zero points in Championship 1? Whichever it is, I would suggest that there will be players wanting out any way as some won't wont to play with a 12 point deduction as it will be nearly impossible to compete to get in the top 4, and some just won't want to play in Championship 1. We shall wait and see

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jan 2017, 15:57

The club can reform will a clean slate now and you will see a lot of people trying to get hold of the club now ...sadly there are people who will have lost a lot of money including fans who up to a couple of days ago were buying season tickets when it must have been known they were throwing there money away
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Jan 2017, 15:59

According to the report on the BBC website all players have been made redundant. Surely that means that we could sign any that we thought fitted in without it being morally wrong? They are effectively out of work and need employment

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 03 Jan 2017, 16:03

derbystiger wrote:According to the report on the BBC website all players have been made redundant. Surely that means that we could sign any that we thought fitted in without it being morally wrong? They are effectively out of work and need employment
If that is true a couple of trialist maybe heading down t'lane I would have thought.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 03 Jan 2017, 16:38

TT Tiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:According to the report on the BBC website all players have been made redundant. Surely that means that we could sign any that we thought fitted in without it being morally wrong? They are effectively out of work and need employment
If that is true a couple of trialist maybe heading down t'lane I would have thought.
What about taking James Clare back as we need another wing option?

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 03 Jan 2017, 16:39

Club is reformed and staying in the championship, according to love rugby :?
Jesus forget that ! It's all changed again ](*,) all redundant now :P

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 03 Jan 2017, 16:44

baldtiger wrote:Club is reformed and staying in the championship, according to love rugby :?
Jesus forget that ! It's all changed again ](*,) all redundant now :P

That's only if they can find another suitable buyer.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 03 Jan 2017, 16:45

Sorry that response was to your previous post.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Jan 2017, 17:06

orrsome wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
What about taking James Clare back as we need another wing option?
I think I've seen that Clare has gone to Leigh?

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 03 Jan 2017, 17:35

With all Bradfords players now free agents i guess the clubs statement is obselete.

If we were to move for any of their players then i'd go for a young lad by the name if Ethan Ryan. 20 year old winger or centre who made his debut last season. Has a touch of class and the look of aplayer who will go far in the game to me.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 03 Jan 2017, 18:23

that's a pretty random statement to me, but clearly something has been going on behind the scenes? Anyone got any info?

Surely we're not just saying it to have a pop at Buy, Randy Clarke, Anne Diamond and Dunny Semolina.

Hopefully Pete Riding is in talks with DP about which young guns to snare.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Jan 2017, 18:28

Mysterio wrote:that's a pretty random statement to me, but clearly something has been going on behind the scenes? Anyone got any info?

Surely we're not just saying it to have a pop at Buy, Randy Clarke, Anne Diamond and Dunny Semolina.

Might have something else up our sleeves.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jan 2017, 18:33

Mysterio wrote:that's a pretty random statement to me, but clearly something has been going on behind the scenes? Anyone got any info?
AFAIAA Players have been offered to other clubs by the administrator. We were offered Clare and Whelham. We are the only club to respond to the offer by the administrator by declining. I'm sure some clubs will have agreed to take other players on but they are waiting for the emotional side of things to die down a bit first before they announce it.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jan 2017, 18:36

League Express quoted Daryl Powell on the James Clare situation saying that he'd spoken to JC but that he didn't have the desire for the challenge at Castleford in front of him.

Whether it's in response to that I don't know.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Jan 2017, 19:03

The Firm wrote:If we were to move for any of their players then i'd go for a young lad by the name if Ethan Ryan. 20 year old winger or centre who made his debut last season. Has a touch of class and the look of aplayer who will go far in the game to me.
Ryan looks a good prospect. I'd also have a look at Oscar Thomas - a F/B and S/O who came through the London ranks.