Site crashing?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Site crashing?

Post by jackknife » 06 Dec 2016, 08:21

Anyone else having trouble with this site crashing recently?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Site crashing?

Post by lidds » 06 Dec 2016, 08:41

Not crashing but i often get a fake virus pop up when browsing on my mobile (Doesnt seem to happen on any other site)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Dec 2016, 09:23

I pressed to get on the all things denny bit the other day and a page of bavarian beauties came up :shock:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 06 Dec 2016, 11:22

In regards to the popups I'm guessing that Google have let through a dodgy advertisement. I'll investigate and blacklist the advert if I come across it.

Other than that how do you mean crashing? The site has been up consistently with no errors or unexpected downtime and the server hasn't had any issues.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Dec 2016, 12:04

working perfect here

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 06 Dec 2016, 12:46

lidds wrote:Not crashing but i often get a fake virus pop up when browsing on my mobile (Doesnt seem to happen on any other site)
l have had the same pop up virus, and likewise only on this site not on any other site I browse. I hope Matt has sorted it before someone clicks on it and ends up with a problem because of it. Although I have not had it for a couple of weeks so hopefully it's already gone away

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 06 Dec 2016, 12:47

tigerfeat wrote:I pressed to get on the all things denny bit the other day and a page of bavarian beauties came up :shock:
Is that what you told the wife ! :lol: :lol:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Dec 2016, 12:56

Matt, If there is a genuine problem, would it help if you knew what browsers etc. people are using? Would that help to pinpoint the issue? I'm not an IT expert, but just a thought in case it helped?

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 06 Dec 2016, 16:46

The most useful piece of information would be what advert is currently being shown when the warning appears (the advert link would be great too)

Unfortunately sometimes they do get through, Google are normally pretty fast at removing them though. In terms of the general sites health nothing has been logged either on the forum or server. Let me know though if you do see any errors/problems.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 06 Dec 2016, 17:07

Matt wrote:In regards to the popups I'm guessing that Google have let through a dodgy advertisement. I'll investigate and blacklist the advert if I come across it.

Other than that how do you mean crashing? The site has been up consistently with no errors or unexpected downtime and the server hasn't had any issues.
When i click on something the loading bar comes up and my screen then freezes for 10-20seconds before eventually loading, im using my phone and haven't noticed it on any other sites i use so just thought I'd ask.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Dec 2016, 19:33

I dont know if matt knows if its a joke or not but on the pop ups now theres the sale sharks website advertising there up coming games and how to get tickets
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Dec 2016, 19:35

tigerfeat wrote:I dont know if matt knows if its a joke or not but on the pop ups now theres the sale sharks website advertising there up coming games and how to get tickets
The ads are served to you based on your search history, if you're referring to those at the top of the page? So I don't know if you may have visited the Sale website for news of DS's move? Matt has no control over them - they're Google ads.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Dec 2016, 19:48

Ahh yes thanks i did look at there site earlier ...tho not some of of the other stuff thats been coming up i hasten to add !
Vince Lombardi