Wingers

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wingers

Post by Beth » 30 Nov 2016, 22:18

Shameless wrote:Guys i'm no legal expert and i respect what you are saying but I still believe anyone can 'retire' from their job and regardless of what may be written into the contract there is very little that is legally enforceable. I too have a 3 month contract but if I retired tomorrow and cleared my desk I am of the opinion that at best the Company could legally ensure I didn't go and work for another Company as I am still contracted to them thus force a period 'gardening leave'.
I still think the actual act of Denny resigning is a moot point in this situation. The question is do the RFL have enforceable agreements with the RFU that a retired player from one sport can't take up a role in the other. FIFA and the NFL have this covered watertight which is why players can't retire from one club and sign for another, as for the RFL .....

Let me ask this - if Denny said he was no longer able or willing to play RL and resigned then went and got a job at B&Q what action could Cas then take? If the answer is very little apart from giving no reference then the same thing applies in this situation UNLESS there is (should) be a cross code agreement.
Rugby players are under very different contracts than you and I though - I'll just refer to the Sonny Bill Williams case as an example. In summing up (remember, his club won for breach of contract) it was stated "because star rugby league players, as with entertainers, perform work under "special services" contracts, courts are more likely to restrain them from breaching negative covenants in their contracts not to perform special services for other employers"

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 30 Nov 2016, 22:29

Thanks Beth and I think that does go to the root of the issue here. As he is performing a 'special service' for RL I agree that by playing in RU he should be held accountable and there should be a fee due to Cas. Again though this refers to how a court will view a player retiring from RL and going to RU. My point still stands that Denny's right to no longer offer his services and retire is not the root issue here, it's what he does after that which should be ruled on.

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 30 Nov 2016, 22:32

More to the point can any of you guys tell me if he is a UK citizen or not? If he isn't then by retiring from his permitted occupation then surely he will be in breach of his work Visa.

Shameless wrote:Is Solomona still on a Visa or does he have full UK Citizenship?

If he is on a Visa that will have been as an RL Player and if he has retired the Visa should expire.

I can't go to Australia as a plumber, retire and start working as an electrician on the same work Visa.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 30 Nov 2016, 22:37

Rugby players are under very different contracts than you and I though - I'll just refer to the Sonny Bill Williams case as an example. In summing up (remember, his club won for breach of contract) it was stated "because star rugby league players, as with entertainers, perform work under "special services" contracts, courts are more likely to restrain them from breaching negative covenants in their contracts not to perform special services for other employers"[/quote]

Beth I think if Sale and Solomona were shown the reference to the Sonny Bill Williams case they surely won't carry on with the we can sign him for nothing scenario. It is going to be an expensive move for both, only trouble now is the law firms, who will want their money now they are involved , and I am sure they will drag it out longer than needs be.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Dec 2016, 15:14

we can talk all day what we all think, , but the RUGBY LEAGUE can not afford to loose a case like this, hence them declaring their backing for us , I do hope they are putting their money were their mouth is

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 01 Dec 2016, 17:58

Just thinking out loud but how would Solomona stand legally if he was married regarding a visa. He seemed to rush off to Vegas who's to say he didn't tie the knot there.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Dec 2016, 19:37

tallguyx wrote:Just thinking out loud but how would Solomona stand legally if he was married regarding a visa. He seemed to rush off to Vegas who's to say he didn't tie the knot there.
I'd say he didn't get wed. Otherwise his bint would of been mouthing off about that and selling herself to the highest bidder!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Dec 2016, 22:08

fumper, why lower the tone ???

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 02 Dec 2016, 12:36

gateman wrote:fumper, why lower the tone ???
I'd say he's just being honest.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 02 Dec 2016, 14:25

bane73 wrote:
gateman wrote:fumper, why lower the tone ???
I'd say he's just being honest.
No, he's being unnecessarily rude. As are a lot of people. Doing it for laughs? Who knows.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 02 Dec 2016, 14:41

But isn't her whole job about selling herself and her life. She's famous for being famous, to put it politely. So if she had of got wed she would've been selling her story.

Long live the Tigers!!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Dec 2016, 15:48

I'm sure there is much more to that. Indeed, a quick Google search shows there is. I know Wikipedia isn't the font of all knowledge and can hardly be trusted. I have to admit, I had never heard of her before Denny started dating her - reality tv gash isn't my gravy. As such, I don't know her back story.

Jess trained as an actress initially and seems to have done quite well for herself in that field with her studies. Unfortunately, her mother suffered from a condition affecting her eyes meaning Jess has had to care and look after her for 10 years. Jess is only 27 remember, so she is still young. This is something close to heart given the extensive promotion and charitable work she does for charities around that condition.

It seems she put the dream of being an actress at a young age to help her mum. And I would suspect - without asking her - that taking up modelling was a way of raising cash, possibly to pay for bills and get appropriate help and care for her mother too. I could be wrong on that but that is how it reads to me. If you have got the looks then why not take advantage of that? It isn't for us to judge on whether that is right or wrong. Not all people go into modelling for the reasons of superficiality. Not everyone is narcissistic. Sometimes people do it for other reasons too, and don't always put it in the public eye.

Since then she has gone on TV shows and built up her own business, and is now returning to acting it seems.

On a side note, she has spoken out about suffering from depression and anxiety. It is hard to imagine how much all of this could be affecting her mentally; the constant abuse, degradation and slagging off must be exhausting. Sometimes it is worth questioning if a loved one was in the same boat how it must feel if a load of angry anonymous people started sending abuse. I don't think any of us would stand for it either.

Jess isn't the issue. Denny made his own choices, Denny is his own man. The only person who should be accountable for that is him.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 02 Dec 2016, 16:40

HuddsTigers wrote:I'm sure there is much more to that. Indeed, a quick Google search shows there is. I know Wikipedia isn't the font of all knowledge and can hardly be trusted. I have to admit, I had never heard of her before Denny started dating her - reality tv gash isn't my gravy. As such, I don't know her back story.

Jess trained as an actress initially and seems to have done quite well for herself in that field with her studies. Unfortunately, her mother suffered from a condition affecting her eyes meaning Jess has had to care and look after her for 10 years. Jess is only 27 remember, so she is still young. This is something close to heart given the extensive promotion and charitable work she does for charities around that condition.

It seems she put the dream of being an actress at a young age to help her mum. And I would suspect - without asking her - that taking up modelling was a way of raising cash, possibly to pay for bills and get appropriate help and care for her mother too. I could be wrong on that but that is how it reads to me. If you have got the looks then why not take advantage of that? It isn't for us to judge on whether that is right or wrong. Not all people go into modelling for the reasons of superficiality. Not everyone is narcissistic. Sometimes people do it for other reasons too, and don't always put it in the public eye.

Since then she has gone on TV shows and built up her own business, and is now returning to acting it seems.

On a side note, she has spoken out about suffering from depression and anxiety. It is hard to imagine how much all of this could be affecting her mentally; the constant abuse, degradation and slagging off must be exhausting. Sometimes it is worth questioning if a loved one was in the same boat how it must feel if a load of angry anonymous people started sending abuse. I don't think any of us would stand for it either.

Jess isn't the issue. Denny made his own choices, Denny is his own man. The only person who should be accountable for that is him.
Completely agree, thanks for this comment. The constant degredation of her has been embarrassing to be honest - what example does it set for a supposedly 'family club' if this is how people talk players' partners?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 03 Dec 2016, 17:36

Beth wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I'm sure there is much more to that. Indeed, a quick Google search shows there is. I know Wikipedia isn't the font of all knowledge and can hardly be trusted. I have to admit, I had never heard of her before Denny started dating her - reality tv gash isn't my gravy. As such, I don't know her back story.

Completely agree, thanks for this comment. The constant degredation of her has been embarrassing to be honest - what example does it set for a supposedly 'family club' if this is how people talk players' partners?
Players Partners usually make their own bed in that regard Beth, just ask Nathan Massey, or indeed Craig Huby. Now THAT'S REALLY embarrassing and difficult to explain.

In this case, Jess has done nothing whatsoever to endear herself to anyone at the club, or to the clubs fans, both whilst playing for Cas during the good times, or right now.

I think you'll find she's extremely high maintenance and not a member of WI or the like. I can foresee issues down the line, glad not with our club.
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Dec 2016, 16:21

Sporting life, report that Denny is expected to sign and play for them in the very near future, I hope they have their cheque book ready, I honestly cant see us loosing this one

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 08 Dec 2016, 11:59

Mysterio wrote:
Beth wrote:

In this case, Jess has done nothing whatsoever to endear herself to anyone at the club, or to the clubs fans, both whilst playing for Cas during the good times, or right now.
What exactly has she done?
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Dec 2016, 13:21

Its not for this forum.
Audacter Et Sincere

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 09 Dec 2016, 09:05

tykeneil wrote:After the last 2 free scoring wingers we had and what happened with them I think we should get something a little less "high profile"
The annoying thing is - when the 2 said wingers signed for our club - niether of them were 'high profile'!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Dec 2016, 09:26

With hardaker coming in eden can take the snake in the grasses place i dont think we will lose out there ..its whats going to happen on the other wing really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 09 Dec 2016, 10:06

tigerfeat wrote:With hardaker coming in eden can take the snake in the grasses place i dont think we will lose out there ..its whats going to happen on the other wing really
Monaghan, Ash Robson, Hitchcox, Tuoy, Egodo or even Minikin. No panic to bring someone in, Once DS has gone there will be salary cap available, it might be that DP decides to strengthen elsewhere
cum on you Ford