Hetherington

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Hetherington

Post by Mysterio » 18 Oct 2016, 12:33

Does anybody else choke on their cornflakes whilst realising we're probably dealing with the awkwardness of Gary Hetherington right now?

I have a sneaky feeling that we'll lose out on Zak, I hope it's not because of an agenda, and I hope GH is being professional and reasonable. If the lad wants to play here on loan, let him. Nobody pays £350,000 for a player that a club is desperate to be shut of.
Audacter Et Sincere

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Hetherington

Post by Juscas » 18 Oct 2016, 12:41

Mysterio wrote:Does anybody else choke on their cornflakes whilst realising we're probably dealing with the awkwardness of Gary Hetherington right now?

I have a sneaky feeling that we'll lose out on Zak, I hope it's not because of an agenda, and I hope GH is being professional and reasonable. If the lad wants to play here on loan, let him. Nobody pays £350,000 for a player that a club is desperate to be shut of.
Hetherington will do what's best for Leeds just as we would expect gill to do for us.
I don't think Zak will end up at cas (and if I'm really honest I hope he doesn't) I can see him heading to Huddersfield next until his next misdemeanour

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 18 Oct 2016, 15:30

I think Leeds have a situation like we had with carney the ball has been taken out of Leeds court..at the end of the day hardacker will go where he wants Leeds can't demand a fee because nobody in there right mind would pay that fee.. if they keep him they'll have to pay his wages for doing nothing or let him go out on loan and have his wages paid..

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Oct 2016, 16:03

Whatever the ins and outs of it, we're playing poker with them and I know who my money is on...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Oct 2016, 17:54

Say we were to pay a fee what would people think to be reasonable for me 40k is max I'd be willing to see us pay considering what Clark Rangi n westy went for from us

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 18 Oct 2016, 19:07

betts21 wrote:Say we were to pay a fee what would people think to be reasonable for me 40k is max I'd be willing to see us pay considering what Clark Rangi n westy went for from us
In the case of Clark I think if we had him now we would be demanding a lot more however, desperate times call for desperate measures. we may have got under his true market value but it saved the club.

Wheras now we are trying to put the final pieces in a jigsaw that powell has been putting together for a few years. Is it not worth spending a little more (Maybe, maybe not on Zak im still 50/50 on the situation) to try and have that final push towards silverware.

Either way cant see us putting a bid in anywhere close to the £300k Leeds want. Wonder if they shot themselves in the foot a little with such a high initial valuation

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Oct 2016, 19:28

lidds wrote:
betts21 wrote:Say we were to pay a fee what would people think to be reasonable for me 40k is max I'd be willing to see us pay considering what Clark Rangi n westy went for from us
In the case of Clark I think if we had him now we would be demanding a lot more however, desperate times call for desperate measures. we may have got under his true market value but it saved the club.

Wheras now we are trying to put the final pieces in a jigsaw that powell has been putting together for a few years. Is it not worth spending a little more (Maybe, maybe not on Zak im still 50/50 on the situation) to try and have that final push towards silverware.
I agree it's just his past record doesn't really fill you with confidence and make you want to push that bit extra for him I do however think Powell could work wonders for him. But I see hudds and Salford as a team desperate for players who might help them eradicate what was horror seasons last year and that might make them push paying more for him
Either way cant see us putting a bid in anywhere close to the £300k Leeds want. Wonder if they shot themselves in the foot a little with such a high initial valuation

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Oct 2016, 19:53

Crystal ball out time - I can see him coming to us on loan for a year - then maybe a permanent deal if it works out. It softens the blow (for Leeds fans) and no fee will be involved. His value will have gone down - due to his contract expiring by one year and we will pick him up for next to nowt.