Chase Extends Contract

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Chase Extends Contract

Post by lidds » 28 Sep 2016, 19:51

1 year with club option of an additional deal
https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5010

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Chase Extends Contract

Post by laner » 28 Sep 2016, 20:26

Pleased with the Chase signing along with Gale and Roberts the team will be a major threat to any team in S/L also if Savelio,the NRL prop and a strong running back (say Satini from Manly ) can be added and the existing squad thats retained what a force for opponent's to be up against

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 28 Sep 2016, 21:40

lidds wrote:1 year with club option of an additional deal
https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5010
Good savvy business by the club, Rangi needs to be kept reigned in, a one year deal rather than 2 does that. Good news.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 28 Sep 2016, 21:53

Don't know if it means anything but I've seen Justin Carney at the ground twice this week . I'm not starting rumours just letting you all know what I saw .

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Sep 2016, 21:57

takethetwo wrote:Don't know if it means anything but I've seen Justin Carney at the ground twice this week . I'm not starting rumours just letting you all know what I saw .
Interesting .....

Salford will be going down

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 Sep 2016, 22:05

I would be shocked if it meant Carney signing.... Probably just seeing old friends....

If...and a big if... we are looking at bringing him back. 1. I hope things have been sorted between the relevant people and 2. I hope it isnt a replace for Solomona.

Now Solomona and Carney on the wings would be unreal.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 28 Sep 2016, 22:16

takethetwo wrote:Don't know if it means anything but I've seen Justin Carney at the ground twice this week . I'm not starting rumours just letting you all know what I saw .
I believe he does quite often come to our games, so more than likely catching up with pals.
He is still a cracking player and would be devastating having him and Denny as our winger's with gale chase and benny feeding them but just can't see it happening

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 28 Sep 2016, 22:53

Looking at Rangi on Sunday you could see how much leaner he is since he joined us and more important how happy he looks.

A full pre-season under our coaching staff, and if he behaves himself, he could be the best signing we've made in many a year.

As for Carney, I suppose it depends on how the other guys feel, but Darryl consulted the senior players on Rangi coming back will he do the same for Justin.

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 29 Sep 2016, 08:19

Is Carney on loan still or have they made that a permanent deal I can't remember if he was finalized?

If it's not a permanent deal could be sorting out with his employers again from Monday what happens next?

Carloswri1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Carloswri1926 » 29 Sep 2016, 08:31

Carney signed to Salford permanently

tigersfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigersfan » 29 Sep 2016, 09:06

Carloswri1926 wrote:Carney signed to Salford permanently
Also nearly all the super league players have a clause in their contract, that states if the team they are playing for they can be released from that contract to try and continue playing in the super league which if salford went down Carney would become a free agent along with 20+ other players.

i personally would have carney back then we wouldnt have to attack the left wing as much.

i can guarantee denny will score no where near as many tries next season tbh i think he will be lucky to get near 20. teams will be wise they will have 3 men on him at all time because our right side is weak. so if shenton and carney was on the right side i think cas could be unstoppable with the only flaw been our small pack.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 29 Sep 2016, 09:09

tigersfan wrote:
Also nearly all the super league players have a clause in their contract, that states if the team they are playing for they can be released from that contract to try and continue playing in the super league which if salford went down Carney would become a free agent along with 20+ other players.

i personally would have carney back then we wouldnt have to attack the left wing as much.

i can guarantee denny will score no where near as many tries next season tbh i think he will be lucky to get near 20. teams will be wise they will have 3 men on him at all time because our right side is weak. so if shenton and carney was on the right side i think cas could be unstoppable with the only flaw been our small pack.

Do you not think teams got wise to it after 10-15 games this year and still couldn't stop him? I think if he's not going to score as many tries it will more likely be down to the absent Luke Dorn.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Sep 2016, 09:43

Denny will be red hot favourite to be top try scorer again next year...as for our pack junior moors was sat in front of me on sunday hes a big unit mckmeeken springer big guys
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 29 Sep 2016, 09:58

Casmoley wrote:
tigersfan wrote:

Do you not think teams got wise to it after 10-15 games this year and still couldn't stop him? I think if he's not going to score as many tries it will more likely be down to the absent Luke Dorn.
If they put 3 men on Denny think of the space the guy inside of him would get.imagine Carney inside of Denny!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 29 Sep 2016, 10:30

Brilliant news. One year deal is perfect IMO.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Sep 2016, 10:34

Evatiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
tigersfan wrote:

If they put 3 men on Denny think of the space the guy inside of him would get.imagine Carney inside of Denny!
We effectively have when Webster plays!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Sep 2016, 11:08

the way massey and carney were joking about the other day they seemed to have moved on some time ago...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 29 Sep 2016, 11:36

I would like to see Carney back, but at the moment i would rather have anyone other than Monaghan. Just can't see it happening. Could see him going to Wigan.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Sep 2016, 11:49

tigersfan wrote:

Our fully fit pack isn't small,it's also quite mobile too
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan