New stadium needs

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
c'mon

Re: New stadium needs

Post by c'mon » 28 Sep 2016, 19:58

Peoples wants and needs, even dreams should not be ignored.
But reality is it must be commercially viable.
A new stadium with facilities that drain the bank, is no better than an old stadium that costs in upkeep.

What do I mean by that.
If you need a gym, build one that you can sell membership for, possibly only to season ticket holders.
If you want a bar make it duel sided so it can open outside the ground as well as a bar servery inside.

If possible create a courtyard area outside to maximise early attendance, courtyard to have eateries and as said a bar.

Lets not forget, we will have the bonus of a public attraction (a park) and car parking, So maximise the ongoing revenue and try to tempt brands that keep returning customers, day in day out, not just rugby days. Brands like Wetherby Whaler, Agrah.
Add a couple of smaller bar and eateries that offer something unique.

Design it to maximise the outdoor space, we play summer rugby but designed correctly it could shield the wind and with roll out roofs and outdoor heating, become a unique venue, summer or winter, 7 days a week.
Our match days could easily become something akin to Magic Weekend where fans mingle before the game.

We are the most sociable fans in Rugby, maximise our social environment to support our stadium.

Add that to the fact that we have a hotel and ski venue on the doorstep, so corporate and team building days should be the easiest sell in the world.
Rugby league, possibly the most team spirited game, a family game. Which company wouldnt buy into a corporate brand like that if they extol 'staff values' Train with a superleague team, create a game strategy, learn to maximise individuals potential, push yourself in the gym, ski even though you never did before, conquor your fear of heights on a climbing wall, beat your work mates at bowling, learn to rely on and support each other.
Every one of those could bring in a commission, including the accommodation.

A five year old could sell that concept. Plus it may bring in a big fish sponsor too. The First Direct Stadium has ring to it.
There staff ethos is just what I have laid out

Cheers
Pete

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Sep 2016, 23:43

possibly the post of the year. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: but we'll await the doom mongers.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 29 Sep 2016, 00:04

lurcher wrote:possibly the post of the year. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: but we'll await the doom mongers.

not just post of the year post of the last ten years every things set out well and a good read very well put

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 29 Sep 2016, 08:43

c'mon wrote:Peoples wants and needs, even dreams should not be ignored.
A new stadium with facilities that drain the bank, is no better than an old stadium that costs in upkeep.

What do I mean by that.
If you need a gym, build one that you can sell membership for, possibly only to season ticket holders.
If you want a bar make it duel sided so it can open outside the ground as well as a bar servery inside.

If possible create a courtyard area outside to maximise early attendance, courtyard to have eateries and as said a bar.

Lets not forget, we will have the bonus of a public attraction (a park) and car parking, So maximise the ongoing revenue and try to tempt brands that keep returning customers, day in day out, not just rugby days. Brands like Wetherby Whaler, Agrah.

Design it to maximise the outdoor space, we play summer rugby but designed correctly it could shield the wind and with roll out roofs and outdoor heating, become a unique venue, summer or winter, 7 days a week.
Our match days could easily become something akin to Magic Weekend where fans mingle before the game.

We are the most sociable fans in Rugby, maximise our social environment to support our stadium.

Add that to the fact that we have a hotel and ski venue on the doorstep, so corporate and team building days should be the easiest sell in the world.
Rugby league, possibly the most team spirited game, a family game. Which company wouldnt buy into a corporate brand like that if they extol 'staff values' Train with a superleague team, create a game strategy, learn to maximise individuals potential, push yourself in the gym, ski even though you never did before, conquor your fear of heights on a climbing wall, beat your work mates at bowling, learn to rely on and support each other.

A five year old could sell that concept. Plus it may bring in a big fish sponsor too. The First Direct Stadium has ring to it.

Cheers
Pete
Excellent post.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 29 Sep 2016, 10:05

Better for wheelchair users, because the current facility is unfit for purpose.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 29 Sep 2016, 10:18

No just built before people thought about wheelchair access.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 29 Sep 2016, 10:33

Excellent post Pete (escecially the bit about Aggrah).

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 29 Sep 2016, 12:33

cogito ergo sum wrote:Better for wheelchair users, because the current facility is unfit for purpose.
I'm with you on this one. The current facilities for people with disabilities are disgraceful.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 29 Sep 2016, 13:07

What do I mean by that.

Cheers
Pete
A wonderful dream old boy but in reality we have to accept costs are limited to what the developer can deliver. This is not a downer on your comments but a reality check.

Thankfully, one of the main reasons for agreeing to move to this proposed facility is the opportunity to increase income from corporate facilities, etc. and I'm guessing these aspects will be included but not necessarily on the scale you hope for.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 29 Sep 2016, 13:41

This stadium needs 1 thing that we as supporters can do and that's filling week in week out.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 30 Sep 2016, 12:05

Build it and they will come.

I think regular full houses at 10k are easily achievable.

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 30 Sep 2016, 12:29

TT Tiger wrote:This stadium needs 1 thing that we as supporters can do and that's filling week in week out.
It needs to be built first !! :pray:

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 30 Sep 2016, 14:26

What do I mean by that.

Cheers
Pete
What a great post, well thought out and excellently worded.
As c'mon posts, you're in the best position possibly, you have a unique opportunity with Excape being over the road, a full day out is at peoples fingertips. I don't personally like Excape but there is undeniably plenty to do.
And yes I'm jealous.;)

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Sep 2016, 14:37

May I be the first to welcome you to Cas Forum Jinge. Whats taken you so long ?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Sep 2016, 16:59

Tigerade wrote:May I be the first to welcome you to Cas Forum Jinge. Whats taken you so long ?
Yeah, welcome jinjer mate and thanks.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 01 Oct 2016, 00:33

Tigerade wrote:May I be the first to welcome you to Cas Forum Jinge. Whats taken you so long ?
Really, because I don't want to be a WUM, I love interaction with Cas fans, a lot of my best friends are Cas fans and I genuinely enjoy our rivalry. That's why.;) Ok?;)

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 01 Oct 2016, 07:30

What I want to see at the new stadium is simple;
a successful trophy winning Castleford Tigers.
cum on you Ford

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 01 Oct 2016, 08:00

Will the fans stay at the ground post match to build revenue?

Not sure why but seems to me a great number of fans prefer to drink outside the club. Is that a price thing?

Just a quick comment on Supporters club annual awards that we sponsor. They must find a bigger venue as I took 4 guests and gave up trying to get in ,never mind a drink.
The supporters club is a great asset to the tigers and strong facilities at the ground should be provided to enable membership to grow back to the 2000 plus........Would the room at the Civic Centre not be more suitable ,with bar revenue going to the club.
best Robbo
Truth is always best !

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 01 Oct 2016, 08:37

Robbo wrote:Will the fans stay at the ground post match to build revenue?

Not sure why but seems to me a great number of fans prefer to drink outside the club. Is that a price thing?
Right now its both price and choice for me - all you get at Cas is poor excuse for urine in the form of Tetleys or Carlsberg.

Give me choice. Give me Ales - there's got to be local breweries that Cas can do a deal with.

Give people an actual reason to go for sonething other than Rugby, and they will. For an example of this look at the Oddessey arena in Belfast - it's a hub of nightlife there because they've got bars, shops, and all the other trappings to entice people for things other than arena events.

Thats my take on it anyway.

As for what i want at the stadium... modern facilities for the players, so we can attract the top talent to the club. Cas current training facilties are on a par with my Amateur Rugby Union club.

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 01 Oct 2016, 09:06

Squaddie86 wrote:
Robbo wrote:Will the fans stay at the ground post match to build revenue?

Right now its both price and choice for me - all you get at Cas is poor excuse for urine in the form of Tetleys or Carlsberg.

Give me choice. Give me Ales - there's got to be local breweries that Cas can do a deal with.

Give people an actual reason to go for sonething other than Rugby, and they will. For an example of this look at the Oddessey arena in Belfast - it's a hub of nightlife there because they've got bars, shops, and all the other trappings to entice people for things other than arena events.

Thats my take on it anyway.

As for what i want at the stadium... modern facilities for the players, so we can attract the top talent to the club. Cas current training facilties are on a par with my Amateur Rugby Union club.
Agree about the ale mate it's rancid.the COYF lager isn't too bad but not great