Greg Eden

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Greg Eden

Post by Mysterio » 27 Sep 2016, 14:18

Just wondering if anybody can fill me in as to what to expect from him, his strengths, attitude, Reading of the game, and ability to be in the right place at the right time like Sir Luke.

PLEASE - DO NOT turn this into a sarcastic thread about his handling abilities, nor overly unreasonable negative comments. We know he's not the finished article and has struggled with concentration in the past, but let's show the lad he's welcome and we're behind him.

Personally, I must say I can totally see Ben Roberts as our FB. He has all the talents Dorny has for sure, and is a much better defender too. I think a full preseason for Rangi will see him as our 6.
Audacter Et Sincere

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Greg Eden

Post by dude » 27 Sep 2016, 14:30

I agree about roberts. There are a number of stand offs who played better at fullback. Mcgoldrick dorn o'brien tomkins ratchford lomax rankin. Roberts has good footwork and good with his hands. I wouldnt count eden out though hes been learning from one of the best at brisbane in darius boyd, eden is quick and has decent hands so could turn out to be good if he can cut the silly mistakes out. I think our style could suit eden

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Sep 2016, 14:34

Add Steadman to that

muckymunksy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by muckymunksy » 27 Sep 2016, 15:02

Eden will be on the wing
He will score 20+ trys
but he will miss a lot of tackles
Hope this helps

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 27 Sep 2016, 16:38

muckymunksy wrote:Eden will be on the wing
He will score 20+ trys
but he will miss a lot of tackles
Hope this helps
Bit like justin carney then. Sounds like he will be a good signing

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 27 Sep 2016, 17:50

He will also bomb 20+ trys through knock ons hes no Denny and that is a fact.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 27 Sep 2016, 18:18

All I can say in his favour is, as we all know at one time he looked like he had the potential to be a top class player, now if Darrel Powell and team think they can knock him in to shape then I am all for them having a go. We have all seen how players have massively improved after been at cas for while , if it works for Greg a lot of fans on here will be eating there words ! :pray:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Sep 2016, 18:23

Bansley_Tiger wrote:He will also bomb 20+ trys through knock ons hes no Denny and that is a fact.
He's no Joel Monaghan either so is an improvement there

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Sep 2016, 18:25

Mysterio wrote:Just wondering if anybody can fill me in as to what to expect from him, his strengths, attitude, Reading of the game, and ability to be in the right place at the right time like Sir Luke.

PLEASE - DO NOT turn this into a sarcastic thread about his handling abilities, nor overly unreasonable negative comments. We know he's not the finished article and has struggled with concentration in the past, but let's show the lad he's welcome and we're behind him.

Personally, I must say I can totally see Ben Roberts as our FB. He has all the talents Dorny has for sure, and is a much better defender too. I think a full preseason for Rangi will see him as our 6.
You will just get people rubbishing him again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2016, 19:37

Very good attitude apparently. Wayne Bennett said some very good things about his determination and desire to improve during his time at the Broncos.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 03 Nov 2016, 14:31

It was great that the club did a Q and A with Greg. Naturally I took the opportunity to ask him the question that is on every Cas fan's lips. Does he prefer cheese or Bakewell tarts? For those that haven't seen this incisive session, the answer is Bakewell tarts. No thanks necessary.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Nov 2016, 15:03

I for one think Greg will turn out to be a great signing, the lad as pace to burn he as had coaching at one of the best clubs down under now he is under the wing of the best club coach over here, Darrel is no mug he will have done is home work , Welcome aboard Greg cant wait for you to prove the doubters wrong

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 03 Nov 2016, 16:50

:roll: yer give the lad a chance.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 03 Nov 2016, 17:24

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Add Steadman to that
...and Derek Edwards.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 03 Nov 2016, 18:34

The problem with Greg in my opinion is that the standard Rugby Ball is too big for him, hes only a tiny framed thing with very small hands and he just cant keep hold of the ball under pressure or in contact, if the ball was the size of an American Football (OR one of them mini rugby balls that they throw out to the crowd at events) then he wood be absolutely golden but unfortunately it isn't, and he physically isnt large enough to carry the ball at this level - I'M SERIOUS :-"

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 03 Nov 2016, 18:56

I think dp will give greg the no.1 shirt n play him full back all season when fit and in return greg will get us 20+ tries.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 03 Nov 2016, 22:52

I saw the bulk of his matches for the broncos. And he at turns either looked the part or made silly concentration errors. He scored some good tries bombed a few and at times was the unwarranted scapegoat. But so did Mcgoldrick and we loved him.

Good luck to him at Cas,he obviously wants to play for us so let's get behind the lad.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 03 Nov 2016, 23:01

I hope it works out for Greg. He has always had the potential, hopefully DP can make him realise it.