New Signings

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Signings

Post by dude » 27 Sep 2016, 11:58

Tamworth Tiger wrote:It's Easy to say if we pay any players anywhere near what Hull, Catalans or Wire do, they are overpaid. Why are they?
We played those teams nine times this season winning 5 and losing 4. Cats played well until injuries started stacking up. Hull in particular but also Warrington benefitted hugely from having less injuries than others while our squad which has been more consistent than Cats, Wire or Hull over the last three years played massively busted all season and again finished 5th.
The most entertaining article I have found to look back on was Eorl Crabtrees in February's RL world magazine. He rightly predicted 2 out of Salford,Wakey, Widnes and Hull KR to make the 8 but then had Cas as the team under most pressure to replace them due to poor recruitment.
Who would have thought?
Hill sims gidley westerman clark atkins westwood ratchford all international players then currie who would be then theres sandow and the rest of there squad. I dont think anyone is asking for a really big name just someone who we have actually heard of. The truth is our squad isnt good enough to win anything but should comfortably stay in top 8. Id take kopzcak or huby back if he could get fit and id rather keep savelio then sign JSL. Savelio would be a big signing, someone who is proven in superleague but has massive potential to improve

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Sep 2016, 12:02

TigerB33 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Again folk want the wow factor. We signed gale folk grumbled, he's the best 7 in the comp and his statistics speak for themselves. Denny is the best winger in the comp and his trys certainly make me say wow!

I'm interested. For you 'fans' who are never happy, name one player we could sign that would make you go WOW!!

Sam burgess
James graham

That 2 English men I would double wow if we signed them.

There is more but I don't have time to go through them all.

Oh my signing of all signings would be JT no not that one, the great Jonathan thurston.
As would half the NRL and the rest of super league. They would take half our salary cap alone. Then we'd have a thread bare squad and everyone would complain.

What was it DP said not long after arriving, we sign players not names.

How many WOW players actually succeed in super league?

How many "underwhelming" signings turn into gems ?

Dorn, Gale, Solomona, Mcmeeken,, Cook. All players recently signed who were torn into on this forum for not been good enough or for been part of a team recently relegated.

If Gale was to be allowed to leave now the same people would be up in arms.

It was said hypotheticaly. I know it wont and cant happen.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 27 Sep 2016, 12:03

TigerB33 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Again folk want the wow factor. We signed gale folk grumbled, he's the best 7 in the comp and his statistics speak for themselves. Denny is the best winger in the comp and his trys certainly make me say wow!

I'm interested. For you 'fans' who are never happy, name one player we could sign that would make you go WOW!!

Sam burgess
James graham

Oh my signing of all signings would be JT no not that one, the great Jonathan thurston.
As would half the NRL and the rest of super league. They would take half our salary cap alone. Then we'd have a thread bare squad and everyone would complain.

Dorn, Gale, Solomona, Mcmeeken,, Cook. All players recently signed who were torn into on this forum for not been good enough or for been part of a team recently relegated.

I doubt there was many people who thought gale dorn or mcmeekin ir solomona were underwhelming signings. We had heard of them all and seen them play. Dorn and gale were always good players and solomona and mcmeekin had loads of potential. The difference is we had seen them play and knew they could play superleague not like those names were rumoured to be signing

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 27 Sep 2016, 12:18

Dp and Steve Gill have put Cas as the place to learn and better yourself. As has shown, players are actively seeking to come to Cas. A good position to be in.

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 27 Sep 2016, 12:25

dude wrote:
TigerB33 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Sam burgess
James graham

I doubt there was many people who thought gale dorn or mcmeekin ir solomona were underwhelming signings. We had heard of them all and seen them play. Dorn and gale were always good players and solomona and mcmeekin had loads of potential. The difference is we had seen them play and knew they could play superleague not like those names were rumoured to be signing
Have a look back at this very forum. Many were happy. The same old faces weren't.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 27 Sep 2016, 12:38

Progress to the top is a journey lasting a few seasons, and big money signings is not always the answer,( eg. Salford.)
Hull and Warrington have been on that journey a few years now. We have had big money signings before, Nikau, Blackmore, Lindner for example, but still won little and led us to obscurity and financial uncertainty for a number of years. We have finished in an enviable position for three years and have strength in depth, with some very astute business done by DP and SG. But for injuries we would be one of the big four this year. So let these two get on with it and let the good times roll.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Sep 2016, 12:50

dude wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:It's Easy to say if we pay any players anywhere near what Hull, Catalans or Wire do, they are overpaid. Why are they?
We played those teams nine times this season winning 5 and losing 4. Cats played well until injuries started stacking up. Hull in particular but also Warrington benefitted hugely from having less injuries than others while our squad which has been more consistent than Cats, Wire or Hull over the last three years played massively busted all season and again finished 5th.
The most entertaining article I have found to look back on was Eorl Crabtrees in February's RL world magazine. He rightly predicted 2 out of Salford,Wakey, Widnes and Hull KR to make the 8 but then had Cas as the team under most pressure to replace them due to poor recruitment.
Who would have thought?
Hill sims gidley westerman clark atkins westwood ratchford all international players then currie who would be then theres sandow and the rest of there squad. I dont think anyone is asking for a really big name just someone who we have actually heard of. The truth is our squad isnt good enough to win anything but should comfortably stay in top 8. Id take kopzcak or huby back if he could get fit and id rather keep savelio then sign JSL. Savelio would be a big signing, someone who is proven in superleague but has massive potential to improve
I don't want the facts to get in the way of a good argument but
I can match Warrington's 8 internationals with 8 for Cas
Moors,Cook,Chase,Lynch, Roberts, Shenton,Webster and Monaghan plus others who would or will be like Gale, Solomona (I think one or two might have heard of him now), Springer, McMeeken and the rest of our squad.
If you question the number or quality of those performances, that applies both ways (e.g. Sims and Westerman)
I don't accept we aren't capable of winning trophies nor that we are significantly behind others. Top 5 three years on the bounce this year with a busted squad. Where were Wire and Hull's superstars last season or Leeds and Huddersfield's this?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 27 Sep 2016, 13:14

Add Millington to those...he'd get into any team.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Sep 2016, 13:19

Absolutely and after just watching Denny's tries, just how big a 'wow' factor do people want?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 27 Sep 2016, 14:07

I said earlier in the year, IMO were just short of 2 high quality additions.

They don't need to be stars or stand out flash players. For example, not many teams went to snap up Matt Cook when we signed him from London, but OMG, he has recently been the type of high quality I talk about.

Not necessarily someone with a step, or with even a barging offload. But someone with athetism,strength, etc etc etc...and most of a all potential to improve and a thoroughly decent bloke.

JSL appears to be one..
Audacter Et Sincere

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 27 Sep 2016, 14:41

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
dude wrote:
Who would have thought?
I don't want the facts to get in the way of a good argument but
I can match Warrington's 8 internationals with 8 for Cas
Moors,Cook,Chase,Lynch, Roberts, Shenton,Webster and Monaghan plus others who would or will be like Gale, Solomona (I think one or two might have heard of him now), Springer, McMeeken and the rest of our squad.
If you question the number or quality of those performances, that applies both ways (e.g. Sims and Westerman)
I don't accept we aren't capable of winning trophies nor that we are significantly behind others. Top 5 three years on the bounce this year with a busted squad. Where were Wire and Hull's superstars last season or Leeds and Huddersfield's this?
Maybe i wrong but id expect warringtons internationals to be on more money than ours. But anyway if your happy that the signing were rumoured to be making will turn us into a winning team. Plus the loss of dorn who has 14 tries and 21 assists plus played a big part in most of the tries with the runs he makes. Im certainly expecting us to sign better players. I think wakefield leigh leeds huddersfield catalans and salford or hull kr to improve there team if they stay up

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Sep 2016, 15:38

I don't have any argument with that other than I'm not really interested in the speculation about signings. Powell has shown that generally he knows what he is doing. We're already known as SLs entertainers so my interest is less on more 'wow' and more on graft and defence

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 27 Sep 2016, 16:37

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I don't have any argument with that other than I'm not really interested in the speculation about signings. Powell has shown that generally he knows what he is doing. We're already known as SLs entertainers so my interest is less on more 'wow' and more on graft and defence
I agree with the defence and we really need to tighten that up but signing a player who has some reputation and experience is more likely able to talk and organise the team to defend better because there used to playing at the superleague level or regular nrl. If we would have signed rangi chase at the start of last season i bet we would have sold a lot more season tickets because he would be a player everyone wanted to watch.

googie62

Post by googie62 » 27 Sep 2016, 17:02

Why hasn't anyone snapped up Michaels from Hull ?

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 27 Sep 2016, 17:52

googie62 wrote:Why hasn't anyone snapped up Michaels from Hull ?
Rumored to have signed an extension at Hull.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Sep 2016, 18:26

Bansley_Tiger wrote:
Rumored to have signed an extension at Hull.
Also rumoured to have signed for Leigh

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Sep 2016, 18:27

Because they didnt think he was good enough?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 27 Sep 2016, 19:06

he is not asgood as he thinks and clubs will spend money on better players

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2016, 19:33

I'd take Romaine Navarette if the Dragons are letting him leave - big potential there.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Sep 2016, 20:25

nottinghamtiger wrote:I'd take Romaine Navarette if the Dragons are letting him leave - big potential there.
Rumour is he's off to Wigan.