next seasons squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: next seasons squad

Post by HuddsTigers » 26 Sep 2016, 18:42

Kopczak to Leigh has been denied by his wife as completely untrue.

In respect of next season's squad, Flynn, Tickle and to an extent Rangi only came in to plug the gap because of injuries. Therefore, I woudn't say we need to replace them or should count them as people to replace.

As it stands:

Full-back: Roberts (Eden, Robson)
Wingers: Solomona, Hitchcox, Monaghan, Eden and Robson (Crooks, Minikin)
Centre: Shenton, Crooks, Minikin (Webster, Monaghan)
Halves: Gale, Chase, Holmes (Roberts)
Hookers: Milner, McShane
Prop/Loose: Springer, Cook, Lynch, Millo, Massey, Maher, Fitzsimmons, Douglas
Second row we have: Webster, McMeeken, Holmes, Moors and Patrick

On that premise, I think we need another centre and I'd say another prop to allow the likes of Fitzsimmons and Douglas to go out and get some game time in the lower leagues.

If we can keep Flynn then I'd be happy with that too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 26 Sep 2016, 18:47

Riggins wrote:
betts21 wrote:The one thing for me is there was a real good feel after the game yesterday most of the fans stayed behind would have been nice to announce a deal if we are retaining a player to keep the memory give the fans an exclusive and another reason walking away from the game an extra inventive to sign up to a season ticket!
Yesterday wan't the time to announce new players. Yesterday was about celebrating 2016 and the players that played their part and to wish the one's moving on all the best.

let the dust settle from this year and then make announcements when rugby news is very limited.
I agree but that's why I said retaining ie Rangi or any player that may have signed an extension! I just think things like this would help to get the tickets moving now as there was a real sense of we could be going some where with the team and might push a few walk up fans to think even more about a season ticket just think leaves an extra impression rather than announcing it in 4 weeks when the buzz has gone abit that's all

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 26 Sep 2016, 20:41

HuddsTigers wrote:Kopczak to Leigh has been denied by his wife as completely untrue.

In respect of next season's squad, Flynn, Tickle and to an extent Rangi only came in to plug the gap because of injuries. Therefore, I woudn't say we need to replace them or should count them as people to replace.

As it stands:

Full-back: Roberts (Eden, Robson)
Wingers: Solomona, Hitchcox, Monaghan, Eden and Robson (Crooks, Minikin)
Centre: Shenton, Crooks, Minikin (Webster, Monaghan)
Halves: Gale, Chase, Holmes (Roberts)
Hookers: Milner, McShane
Prop/Loose: Springer, Cook, Lynch, Millo, Massey, Maher, Fitzsimmons, Douglas
Second row we have: Webster, McMeeken, Holmes, Moors and Patrick

On that premise, I think we need another centre and I'd say another prop to allow the likes of Fitzsimmons and Douglas to go out and get some game time in the lower leagues.

If we can keep Flynn then I'd be happy with that too.
Josh Jones - worth a punt as a centre back row cover?
And I agree with you on another bookend - I'd like to think we've got something lined up in that department

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 26 Sep 2016, 21:26

Can't see Savelio staying, tweeted yesterday ' That's a wrap - been a blast - thanks for everything '