We are Castleford... And that matters

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

We are Castleford... And that matters

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Sep 2016, 19:06

Another season done...

We may not have won anything but we have cemented our reputation in the game across all 4 corners of the globe.

Our culture is the envy of many. Our spirit in a season of injuries is what other clubs aim for.

The leaders of our club are genuine people who love our club.

There is goodwill towards us from all directions because of the way we go about our business on and of the grass. Our support is world class and we light up grounds wherever we go.

I'm proud of us and I'm proud that I'm one of us.

We are castleford and that matters. It means the world to me. It's my club and it's where I'm from.

Enjoy the close season everyone - can't wait for February....

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: We are Castleford... And that matters

Post by old cas lass » 25 Sep 2016, 19:43

SuffolkTiger wrote:Another season done...

We may not have won anything but we have cemented our reputation in the game across all 4 corners of the globe.

Our culture is the envy of many. Our spirit in a season of injuries is what other clubs aim for.

There is goodwill towards us from all directions because of the way we go about our business on and of the grass. Our support is world class and we light up grounds wherever we go.

We are castleford and that matters. It means the world to me. It's my club and it's where I'm from.

Well said Suffolk.
My sentiments entirely , supported them for 58yrs, born in the town and never left.
My blood is black and Amber (not orange).

I love my town and club with a passion.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Sep 2016, 20:41

Didn't we win the Yorkshire Regiment Mickey Mouse cup!?!?

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 26 Sep 2016, 11:53

Fumper27 wrote:Didn't we win the Yorkshire Regiment Mickey Mouse cup!?!?
How rude, there was no comment like that from Leeds last year when they received it! We are the best club in West Yorkshire, end of story.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 26 Sep 2016, 13:49

old cas lass wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:Another season done...

Well said Suffolk.
My sentiments entirely , supported them for 58yrs, born in the town and never left.
My blood is black and Amber (not orange).

I love my town and club with a passion.
Great post. The town is an infectious place. I'm not from Cas, I'm from Sherburn originally. I was introduced to Cas by my primary school teacher, Mr Kear (I still refer to him as that now, not John), when I was 6 years old. 35 years later I'm still in love with it. The place holds so many memories for me, from the changing rooms in the Early Bath as a junior for Lock Lane, to welcoming them home after the Challenge Cup in '86, to the heartache of Wembley a couple of years ago. Although I am not Cas born and bred, the place feels like home to me and I'm proud to wear my clubs colours wherever I go. Castleford Rugby League Club has seen me through some pretty miserable times in my life, giving me something to look forward to each week. Yes, its a rollercoaster being a Cas fan, but its an exciting one! I'll be proudly wearing the colours at Wembley again this weekend watching the NFL. Roll on February, next years gonna be a great year!

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 26 Sep 2016, 14:12

mystery wrote:
How rude, there was no comment like that from Leeds last year when they received it! We are the best club in West Yorkshire, end of story.
As a member of the York's regiment I find you comment very insulting fumper27 the regiment as put its life of its members on the line many times in the last few years to make sure people like you can continue to watch our great game. And not be ruled over by a bunch of illiterate Rag Heads. You Have shown great disrespect to the pride of Yorkshire and the British army. [-X [-X [-X

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Sep 2016, 14:30

yorkie1bn wrote:
mystery wrote:
As a member of the York's regiment I find you comment very insulting fumper27 the regiment as put its life of its members on the line many times in the last few years to make sure people like you can continue to watch our great game. And not be ruled over by a bunch of illiterate Rag Heads. You Have shown great disrespect to the pride of Yorkshire and the British army. [-X [-X [-X
Wind your neck in. I'm an ex Bomb Disposal engineer of said British Army and showed no disrespect to the forces. My distaste was aimed at a "made up" trophy so something is in the cabinet (much like whatever it was Leeds won on Thursday night).

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Sep 2016, 15:16

Fumper27 wrote:
yorkie1bn wrote:
mystery wrote:
Wind your neck in. I'm an ex Bomb Disposal engineer of said British Army and showed no disrespect to the forces. My distaste was aimed at a "made up" trophy so something is in the cabinet (much like whatever it was Leeds won on Thursday night).
Also, the highest placed Yorkshire team is Hull as there in the "East Riding of Yorkshire".

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 26 Sep 2016, 15:50

Try telling a cod-head he is a yorkie.

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 26 Sep 2016, 16:02

Fumper27 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
yorkie1bn wrote:
mystery wrote:
Also, the highest placed Yorkshire team is Hull as there in the "East Riding of Yorkshire".
As far as I'm aware it's not for the highest placed team, it's for a mini league with the only games against each of the other Yorkshire teams counting.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 26 Sep 2016, 16:07

in 2013 a survey was done and 85percent of people from hull said thathull was part of yorkshire .
so hull was the top yorkshire side ...

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Sep 2016, 16:26

onetiger wrote:in 2013 a survey was done and 85percent of people from hull said thathull was part of yorkshire .
Thanks!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Sep 2016, 16:44

So we are the top West Yorkshire side ok :P

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Sep 2016, 17:54

Love it. There had to be someone who would be unhappy that we had won something. This forum is always entertaining!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Sep 2016, 18:16

I quite like fact we got a cup...plus practice for next august or october...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 26 Sep 2016, 18:23

Fumper27 wrote:
onetiger wrote:in 2013 a survey was done and 85percent of people from hull said thathull was part of yorkshire .
Thanks!!

As already pointed out, it is based on all the Yorkshire teams playing each other.

We have lost against: Hull FC and Hull KR at home
Drew against Hull KR away

That's out of 12 games

Leeds and Hull KR won only 8 and 6 games all season in first part. Wakefield lost against us 3 times

Hull lost against us twice, Leeds twice and Huddersfield once
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!