Season tickets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Season tickets

Post by yorky » 16 Sep 2016, 11:52

i have a friend who has 2 season tickets for man united & i know they aren't cheap (hes wealthy) & if he cant get to the games he will lend them to a relative etc (never me) im not sure what the policy is at man-u but i don't see a problem lending your ticket to a friend or relative if you cant get to the game.

we only got to 4 home matches last season due to kick off changes etc & we will buy season tickets for 2017 as we want to support the club, so it seems a pity that our tickets were wasted & i would prefer to see someone on the terracing rather than 2 empty spaces which have been paid for?

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 16 Sep 2016, 12:07

I don't see the issue with using someones season ticket to go to a game if they're not able to make it.

That's still one more voice in the crowd, one more beer purchased from the concessions stand, one less empty space on the terraces.

Plus; someone paid for that ticket. So someone should get to use it.

I don't generally buy season tickets (i did for 2015) because there's no guarantee I'll make ANY games, never mind enough to make it worth it, but if I do buy a season ticket i should be able to gift it to family/friends who might otherwise not go at all.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 16 Sep 2016, 12:07

A friend of ours lends us his if he can't go so our son attends if work permits - he was a season ticket holder since he was little but doesn't get one now because of work does not mean he isn't a fan of cas or wants to take money of the club he is grateful of the chance of a ticket when it's available.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Sep 2016, 12:30

Fumper27 wrote:Is this the first time the season tickets have been released without some "exciting" news to tempt fans to purchase straight away?

Is there a real need to?

In seasons gone by, I would agree but the product we are delivering on the field is far superior to anything served up in a long, long while. Fans should be incentivised to buy a season ticket already on the premise that they are getting exciting rugby from an enthusiastic and enjoyable team to watch. And a team that are top four contenders every season now. Or should be..

The whole process of delivering good news at same time as season tickets is usually served up when the club need a push from the off or when fans aren't happy with how the team is performing. A bit like 'look we do care, we do have ambition'. We know they have that already.

As such, the club can stagger announcements now all the way up until season kick off. You have to remember that STs generally ebb and flow in sales patterns - you have a big push in the first month when loads buy them personally and for Christmas presents, you have another peak sales period after Christmas when people buy them with Christmas money/personally. And then you have a another incline at beginning of Feb when people rush to buy them at season kick off.

Marketing should be continuous and push out over the coming weeks after the initial blast.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Sep 2016, 12:32

Squaddie86 wrote:I don't see the issue with using someones season ticket to go to a game if they're not able to make it.

That's still one more voice in the crowd, one more beer purchased from the concessions stand, one less empty space on the terraces.

Plus; someone paid for that ticket. So someone should get to use it.

I don't generally buy season tickets (i did for 2015) because there's no guarantee I'll make ANY games, never mind enough to make it worth it, but if I do buy a season ticket i should be able to gift it to family/friends who might otherwise not go at all.

I can see both sides.

To the club, it could see people who would ordinarily pay to attend getting in for free, losing in lost income. Equally, it could also see someone who doesn't turn up eventually, actually go and contribute a few quid.

Perhaps the club should look to create/offer a shared season ticket, where people can add a second name to their ST to attend games when the owner isn't able to. They could offer this for say £30. More income into the club and it also offers something a little customer-focused.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Sep 2016, 12:50

greenhouse wrote:would like to see some good news regarding signings and maybe some news on the new ground to boost sales.

RE: New ground.

Lateral have submitted several planning applications to discharge various conditions from the original outline planning application that has gone through.

They are currently trying to revise some of the conditions to alter the development in terms of retailers and to omit the supermarket owing to market conditions, preventing large format food stores from investing in new developments of this nature. There is a little bit of wrangling at this moment in time between Lateral and the council's employed retail analysts Nexus, who have provided a report saying that these changes will largely increase the impact on Five Towns. However, WYG, who did previous report for the council for the outline application have provided further commentary stating that they feel that Nexus have over-egged the impacts, and it will more than likely be much lower.

Cas are not in a position to announce anything. All media and PR comes from Lateral. We are at their behest and patience is needed.

The expected start date for the development is this Autumn. Lateral are constantly offering new things to invest in Five Towns as a whole and a lot of the things are being ticked off one by one.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 Sep 2016, 18:58

How does the direct debit work??

I know its 6 monthly payments... What month does it start and how much a month please?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 28 Sep 2016, 19:04

Taken from the Cas Tigers site :-

You can split the cost of your 2017 Season Ticket over six monthly instalments via direct debit. Fans need to sign up before 5pm on Monday 21st November 2016 to take up the direct debit offer. This option is only available in store at the Tigers Den.

In full here :-

https://castlefordtigers.com/tickets.php?show=seasons

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 Sep 2016, 19:42

Yeh I sae that but doesnt say the amounts or details. Just wondered if anyone knew?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Sep 2016, 20:25

There's plenty who come on here and moan who don't do either!!

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 28 Sep 2016, 20:28

Normy-Tiger wrote:Yeh I sae that but doesnt say the amounts or details. Just wondered if anyone knew?
Normally around £36/40 a month for an adult standing. Other than that there's no other real details, you give them your bank details and specify a date for the DD to come out and for the next 6 months they take the cash.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Sep 2016, 20:41

Last year it was £41 a month for six months. The club failed to mention that last year there was a £10 admin fee for setting up the direct debit.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 31 Oct 2016, 21:15

Nice touch Steve Gill phoned tonight to thank me for renewing my season ticket that's the first time in 14 years as a season ticket holder somebody from the club as been in touch thanks a again Steve Much Appreciated

muckymunksy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by muckymunksy » 01 Nov 2016, 09:12

Is it a credit check for the installments plan?

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 01 Nov 2016, 19:39

no

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 24 Nov 2016, 21:41

Quick query regarding season tickets if anyone can help.
Are the family season tickets specific to mum, dad & kids? Or could say two adult brothers or sisters & their children qualify?
Ordinarily I wouldn't bother, however with less and less games being on a Sunday afternoon I'm not sure how many games our kids will get to so I'm loathe to spend the usual £140 for them to sit in the cupboard for most games.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 28 Nov 2016, 20:07

I'd say its any 2 adults and children (how are they gonna check for family ties? Kids can have 2 dads these days, etc...), but I'd check with the club to be sure.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 28 Nov 2016, 22:19

Cheers mate. All sorted & you're right. The young lads in the shop sorted it confirmed that it can be any combination of two adults.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".