Fixture changes

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Fixture changes

Post by tykeneil » 25 Aug 2016, 18:09

One other factor is the Thursday night games don't have the same impact on the clubs that traditionally play Friday nights (Wigan , Sts, Hull etc) - the Sunday afternoon teams get smacked big time (Cas, Wake etc)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Aug 2016, 20:40

Unacceptably short-notice.
As much as it is easy to blame Sky/RFL, the clubs need to take a stronger position as a group.
Sky should be able to put together the list of fixtures they want to televise for the super 8s when they are released.
The fault here lies with the morons who signed the TV deal allowing Sky to force fixture changes at such short notice.
They'll be giving away sponsorship of the game for zero money and a picture on the side of a truck next.......

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Aug 2016, 20:51

gutted, going down wales friday noon but had made arrangements to cut it short to get back in time for the match on sunday all in vain. not blaming the club as they do have to put the players first.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 26 Aug 2016, 10:35

TT Tiger wrote:Sir Kevin will change all this.
He will change nowt ,like the rest of them he will have to do as the fat controller tells him.

Carloswri1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Carloswri1926 » 26 Aug 2016, 12:31

It's screwed me over. Away in Aldershot for next 2 weeks and no way I'm able to get back in time

Rfl and sky don't give a monkeys about the paying supporters

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 26 Aug 2016, 19:49

Don't know if I am missing something but have they brought the wakie game forward to be televised as saints and hull are down for the 2nd if not then what has been gained by changing the fixture ?

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 26 Aug 2016, 19:53

100% agree with the outrage ! but have to say I am happy that I can now go to the Wakey game ! A total " ******** ** " from sky!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 26 Aug 2016, 19:57

sts game moved from friday to thursday for sky, waki game from sunday to friday to give our lads a bigger break between games, pity the powers that be didnt think of this at easter time ](*,)

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 26 Aug 2016, 20:19

He who pays the fiddler chooses the song. I'm sorry if I seem in a minority here but the money sky have poured into RL has turned our already great game into a fantastic spectacle and although this fixture change is a pain we need to remember where we were as a sport before sky took over. And as some have said clubs should stick together and fight these decisions, has anyone heard the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" we think we're miles behind the NRL now. So where would we be without sky money? Only my opinion

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 26 Aug 2016, 20:26

chesterfieldtiger wrote:He who pays the fiddler chooses the song. I'm sorry if I seem in a minority here but the money sky have poured into RL has turned our already great game into a fantastic spectacle and although this fixture change is a pain we need to remember where we were as a sport before sky took over. And as some have said clubs should stick together and fight these decisions, has anyone heard the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" we think we're miles behind the NRL now. So where would we be without sky money? Only my opinion
i understand where your coming from but the bbc used to pay to show games on saturday afternoon until the grounds were practically empty & it seems to be the way its going on thursday night sky games which are poorly attended :roll:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 26 Aug 2016, 21:14

yorky wrote:sts game moved from friday to thursday for sky, waki game from sunday to friday to give our lads a bigger break between games, pity the powers that be didnt think of this at easter time ](*,)
Fixtures weren't available at easter
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 26 Aug 2016, 21:27

the machine wrote:
yorky wrote:sts game moved from friday to thursday for sky, waki game from sunday to friday to give our lads a bigger break between games, pity the powers that be didnt think of this at easter time ](*,)
Fixtures weren't available at easter
im refering to the amount of days between games at the easter period ie 4 days at most, but it happens every year so if its wrong now why is it ok at easter.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Aug 2016, 22:00

chesterfieldtiger wrote:He who pays the fiddler chooses the song. I'm sorry if I seem in a minority here but the money sky have poured into RL has turned our already great game into a fantastic spectacle and although this fixture change is a pain we need to remember where we were as a sport before sky took over. And as some have said clubs should stick together and fight these decisions, has anyone heard the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" we think we're miles behind the NRL now. So where would we be without sky money? Only my opinion
I don't particularly like thursday games but sky don't have much live sport to show on a thursday so they want games played then thats fine its the switching of games at late notice that could be avoided with a bit of thought i think
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Aug 2016, 22:15

I would also question where we are as a sport now anyway.
We have minimal coverage on terrestrial tv, none in national papers. No one on TV or the media even differentiates the two codes any more. There is only 'Rugby' and that isn't a generic name for both codes, it means Union.
In my view we are in real danger and it probably only needs one or two subtle changes in Union, particularly reducing the value of penalty goals to lurch us into real crisis.
Just to be clear, I live, eat, drink and sleep Rugby League but over 40 years outside the heartlands where we don't exist has made me realise how tenuous our existence is and quite honestly, treating those of us who do make the weekly pilgrimage and sell the sport where no one has heard of it with such contempt is really not doing anyone justice.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 26 Aug 2016, 22:44

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I would also question where we are as a sport now anyway.
We have minimal coverage on terrestrial tv, none in national papers. No one on TV or the media even differentiates the two codes any more. There is only 'Rugby' and that isn't a generic name for both codes, it means Union.
In my view we are in real danger and it probably only needs one or two subtle changes in Union, particularly reducing the value of penalty goals to lurch us into real crisis.
Just to be clear, I live, eat, drink and sleep Rugby League but over 40 years outside the heartlands where we don't exist has made me realise how tenuous our existence is and quite honestly, treating those of us who do make the weekly pilgrimage and sell the sport where no one has heard of it with such contempt is really not doing anyone justice.
The Rfu have been trailing 2 point penalties and 1 point drops goals in the Welsh 2nd tier last year.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 27 Aug 2016, 08:03

Surely this is a compliment to cas as after our 1st 3games sky have decided were worthy of been live on sky
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 27 Aug 2016, 12:40

I no I'm biased but Cas should be on sky every week. the super 8s would have been far more exciting than the wash outs they've shown . Stoke more like Barcelona lol we just don't win owt

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 28 Aug 2016, 22:50

So the Cas v Wakey game is now on sky? It doesn't say so on the sky website.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Aug 2016, 23:00

smarty_tiger wrote:So the Cas v Wakey game is now on sky? It doesn't say so on the sky website.
It's not

It's the Saints game the week after that's been moved for sky so we've moved the wakey game to give us extra rest/prep time
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan