Incident

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Incident

Post by johnboy » 17 Aug 2016, 22:43

I am surprised this has been missed on this forum.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_231 ... gated.html

Not good.
Be reasonable - do it my way!

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Incident

Post by onetiger » 17 Aug 2016, 22:57

not nice if true lets hope not

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 17 Aug 2016, 22:59

Unfortunately all clubs have issues with a minority of their fans and we're no different. Every club also has issues with lack of stewarding and policing - how often do you see police around stadiums unless it's for a match where there's a high chance of something kicking off?

Hope the people are named and shamed and given life bans from all RL stadiums. Don't need it in our sport.

I can only see the issue getting worse each time we play Wigan too as some 'fans' appear to have a deep hatred against them.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Aug 2016, 23:02

I've seen a photo of the girl on the Wigan Twitter page, to say she had a bloody nose and cut lip, she looks pretty good. No one mark or bruise on her face.
Check it out guys.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 18 Aug 2016, 00:13

just because she isn't marked doesn't make the attack any less. The fact that anyone could hit a woman is abhorrent to me. Cas Wigan or whoever supporter is irrelevant

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 18 Aug 2016, 00:14

just checked her out some one not telling truth i dont see bruses cuts swelling nothing at all

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 18 Aug 2016, 07:40

You are right ocl. Not a mark, not that I'm disputing she was attacked but looks like she belongs to the Wigan Warriors school of miraculous recovery.

It's not just our crowd that hates Wigan. Leeds v Wigan is approaching football type levels of animosity sadly it is creeping in to our sport. Was the attacker definitely one of our fans is another question to ask,I can't believe anybody was intent on trouble after the match.Everybody I saw was happy

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 18 Aug 2016, 08:10

The incident was all over Facebook on Friday night and Saturday and there are conflicting reports as to what happened. However regardless of fault there is no room in our game for this sort of behaviour

I suggest if anyone witnessed this alleged incident they contact the club with the facts. At the moment our club is being tarnished either by inaccurate reporting or by the actions of one of our own. Either way give the information to the club and let them either protect the club against untruths or find the person responsible and issue a ban

El Nino
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by El Nino » 18 Aug 2016, 08:36

old cas lass wrote:I've seen a photo of the girl on the Wigan Twitter page, to say she had a bloody nose and cut lip, she looks pretty good. No one mark or bruise on her face.
Check it out guys.
OCL, as a female I would expect more.
Raising your hand to a woman in any way shape or form is despicable, never mind at a sporting event. It doesn't matter if the girl has injuries or not, it shouldn't and wont be tolerated by the club.
Ban him for life.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2016, 08:55

El Nino wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I've seen a photo of the girl on the Wigan Twitter page, to say she had a bloody nose and cut lip, she looks pretty good. No one mark or bruise on her face.
Check it out guys.
Raising your hand to a woman in any way shape or form is despicable, never mind at a sporting event. It doesn't matter if the girl has injuries or not, it shouldn't and wont be tolerated by the club.
Ban him for life.
Never said it didnt happen.
All i said she had a busted nose and cut lip.....her words. there seems no evidance of this.
The picture is there for all to see, make your own minds up.

As for a man hitting women it's the lowest of the low.
Sad to say it does happen.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Aug 2016, 10:15

In her report she say it took 20 mins for the first aid to get to her, in fact she walk to first aid through the cas fans while bleeding. Doesn't add up to me. As for the incident I can't comment on as I have no knoledge if it I was not a witness.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 18 Aug 2016, 10:43

seems to me there is a lot of sour grapes here .Yes the photo dose not show any form of injury and if she was treated in the l first aid room the attendant who treated her will have made a report to the fact, this seems to be blowing up out off all proportion, What with Wigan sending players to her house to hold her hand and give her some T L C Smacks of
another way for Wigan to try to desecrated Cas tigers. And yes if the girl was set upon by a fan which ever club he came from then action should be taken, But when you see how some of these young so called ladies act in public how do we know she did not start the fracas if it ever happened at all ,Did she Fall or was she pushed, That is the question??.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Aug 2016, 10:51

What these half-witted fans seem to miss is that it tarnishes the club, it potentially costs money in fines when the supporters are demanding expenditure on playing staff, and it leads to segregation of fans. Last Friday, I stood with a few Wigan fans at the railway end. We had good conversation, shook hands at the end and wished each other's club all the best. Find the bad apple and get rid. I feel shame.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Aug 2016, 12:22

old cas lass wrote:
El Nino wrote:
Check it out guys.
Ban him for life.
Never said it didnt happen.
All i said she had a busted nose and cut lip.....her words. there seems no evidance of this.
The picture is there for all to see, make your own minds up.

As for a man hitting women it's the lowest of the low.
Sad to say it does happen.

I agree its out of order if it happened.

But she has made some recovery in a few days going by how bad she describes her face being on Friday night.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 18 Aug 2016, 12:47

I agree with some on here, i find violence against any woman abhorrent, but this looks like a mountain out of a mole hill, i heard reports of her throwing bottles (one of them hitting the guys wife) and being very rowdy with some mates (don't know if this is true) but Wigan and their fans are SO desperate to win something that if you actually have the audacity to beat them they just cannot bear it. To me this looks totally over blown and is being used by Wigan to hit back at us because they couldn't beat us on the pitch, if we get a fine they'll be well pleased!!

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 18 Aug 2016, 12:59

i'm sure i read on wigan fans forum they where bragging about one of their fans busting the nose of a cas fan.maybe wrong i do't know. what i do know is their fans are no angels.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Aug 2016, 13:16

El Nino wrote: OCL, as a female I would expect more.
Ban him for life.
As I don't know the facts I'm making no attempt to defend this incident but if any woman attacks me I'm not going to sit back and let her. All too often female on male domestic violence is dismissed.

Violence of any description should not be tolerate unless circumstances dictate - it matters not to me if they're female/male/transgender - there's no defence for just attacking someone, anyone.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigersfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigersfan » 18 Aug 2016, 14:00

Double post

tigersfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigersfan » 18 Aug 2016, 14:02

Flat Capper wrote:
El Nino wrote: OCL, as a female I would expect more.
Ban him for life.
As I don't know the facts I'm making no attempt to defend this incident but if any woman attacks me I'm not going to sit back and let her. All too often female on male domestic violence is dismissed.

Violence of any description should not be tolerate unless circumstances dictate - it matters not to me if they're female/male/transgender - there's no defence for just attacking someone, anyone.
:clap: :clap: :clap: