Sam Thomkins

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Sam Thomkins

Post by gateman » 13 Aug 2016, 18:22

last night this player was well out of order, he seemed to question every decision , he must have approached the ref at least a dozen times, its a thing that is creeping into the game that wants stamping out,only a few years ago approaching the Ref would have resulted in a penalty of 10yds

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Sam Thomkins

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2016, 18:37

I think he cuts a rarther sad figure these days it can't be any help that hes playing for a coach who as come up with one attacking play in the time hes been there that he runs over and over...i thought the times wigan looked dangerous last night was when there was brocken play and the players played it off the cuff ...the referee i thought had a good game and didnt stand for his nonsense
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Aug 2016, 18:39

He's like a petulant teenager.
Thinks he is always right and can't handle it when things don't go his way.
Interestingly,mint looked like Wigan changed their on-field captain to Smith when it looked like Tomkins might end up spending some time having a rest.
Ironically, he does his team no favours. Irritating referees simply reduces your chances of getting the close decisions.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Aug 2016, 18:50

tigerfeat wrote:I think he cuts a rarther sad figure these days it can't be any help that hes playing for a coach who as come up with one attacking play in the time hes been there that he runs over and over...i thought the times wigan looked dangerous last night was when there was brocken play and the players played it off the cuff ...the referee i thought had a good game and didnt stand for his nonsense
He's also lost the attribute that set him apart - pace.
Before he went to the NRL his was blisteringly quick. He was particularly good at going from dummy half when the winger had returned a kick. Now he doesn't have the pace, he is nowhere near as dangerous.
I used to class him as one of the players I genuinely worried about playing against us (alongside Harris, Briers and Long) but he's lost the 'fear factor' now he has lost his pace.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 13 Aug 2016, 20:54

I love the fact Tomkins has such a dislike for Denny, because Denny has his number.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 13 Aug 2016, 21:57

Tomkins is a great player, but he needs to cut the whinging, it's embarrassing. He doesn't look 75% fit never mind 100%. The NRL has done him no favours.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Aug 2016, 23:08

as i've mentioned on another thread. watch the highlights and rat boy tries to stamp on denny's legs after he scores his first try. denny gets up and looks at rat boy with utter contempt.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Aug 2016, 09:19

lurcher wrote:as i've mentioned on another thread. watch the highlights and rat boy tries to stamp on denny's legs after he scores his first try. denny gets up and looks at rat boy with utter contempt.
I think ST tries to jumps over Denny and their legs get tangled. Probably miffed because he couldn't get anywhere near Denny

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 15 Aug 2016, 12:52

Fumper27 wrote:
lurcher wrote:as i've mentioned on another thread. watch the highlights and rat boy tries to stamp on denny's legs after he scores his first try. denny gets up and looks at rat boy with utter contempt.
I think ST tries to jumps over Denny and their legs get tangled. Probably miffed because he couldn't get anywhere near Denny
There was absolutely no need for him to run over Denny, he tried to stand on his ankle and make it look like he'd tripped over him, probably out of frustration because he couldn't catch him.
The try had already been scored and he could have just changed his direction or stopped.
Typical Wigan under Shaun wane. Horrible bunch.
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 15 Aug 2016, 13:14

Probably out of frustration to the manfradi injury as well .

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Aug 2016, 13:17

I can't see any intent to stamp on Denny. I think if there had been Denny would have reacted rather more violently!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Aug 2016, 14:52

cogito ergo sum wrote:I can't see any intent to stamp on Denny. I think if there had been Denny would have reacted rather more violently!
exactly. We saw Denny react v Warrigton with Gidley but him with the forearm / elbow as he scored. Some people on here just need to drop the "victim mentality" they currently have.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Aug 2016, 14:56

cogito ergo sum wrote:I can't see any intent to stamp on Denny. I think if there had been Denny would have reacted rather more violently!
Denny eye balled Tomkins soon as He got up.
Then decided to walk away.

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 15 Aug 2016, 15:11

Fumper27 wrote:
exactly. We saw Denny react v Warrigton with Gidley but him with the forearm / elbow as he scored. Some people on here just need to drop the "victim mentality" they currently have.
Just remembered why I stopped using this forum
Opinions not allowed
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Aug 2016, 17:41

Of course they are allowed, It's just that the nature of opinions are just that, not everyone has the same one. One example is that Wane has opinions shared by very few.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 15 Aug 2016, 20:39

Fumper27 wrote:
I agree, there is no 'against Cas conspiracy' that sometimes is put on here.

I personally didn't think Tomkins did anything wrong in the Denny incident. Rugby League is a contact sport, things like this happen week in week out.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 20 Aug 2016, 13:52

anybody else notice last night Rat boy had very little to say to the reff ?.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 20 Aug 2016, 14:58

yorkie1bn wrote:anybody else notice last night Rat boy had very little to say to the reff ?.
I think Thaler did actually have something to say to him when Wigan lost the ball but it was hands in the ruck.

It's the way he goes about it like a petulant child not getting his way.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Aug 2016, 15:06

6 10

Goal gale