Cas Ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Cas Ground

Post by usacas » 26 Jul 2016, 17:32

Getting fed up of negative comments about our ground. Even more on Facebook now about the size of the pitch (has it suddenly shrunk after 90 years to suddenly now be an issue?) and the fact we don't play in a nice new shiny stadium. The fact is I love Wheldon Road and have wonderful memories of going there all the way back to the late 50's. It has a great atmosphere on game day, you are close to the action and a lot of away fans love coming here because of that. I still love going there when back in the UK. Yes it will be nice to move into the new ground and I appreciate the benefits it will bring, however, I will miss the "Old Girl". The main point is, however, we are one of the few clubs that still actually own our ground and I hope it always stays that way. Seen too many clubs sell their main asset, fritter the money away and they are now suffering as a result. I used to love York's old ground at Clarence Street, they let that go with the eventual result being they are now homeless. Seen too many well established clubs turn into nomads because they let their grounds go. Soon in fact we will be unique, not only will we own one ground, we will own two! So to all the Plonkers out there who are bragging about their club playing on a big pitch in a shiny new stadium that you don't own just beware, one day you might be homeless, regretting it, and wishing you had a Wheldon Road!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Cas Ground

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jul 2016, 17:34

Great post

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Jul 2016, 17:49

Well said usacas.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 26 Jul 2016, 20:37

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 26 Jul 2016, 21:38

i blame them blooming clowns on sky every time we on sky at home
its always about size of our ground....

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 26 Jul 2016, 22:20

the happy hooker9 wrote:This says it all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSvgFJLrqdU
Should play that on game day darn t'Lane.
Show people how much we love our "little" ground and what it means to Cas fans!
By the way the pitch always looks perfect, probably one of the best in SL.
All the people who are criticising it can sod off to their plastic pitches and rented stadiums.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Jul 2016, 07:54

true & nothing said by the sky team when lewis tierney went sliding into the advertising boards at the end of the pitch at wigans ground because there's only about a meter between the dead ball line & the boards, or when denny went crashing into those stupid speaker cabinets that surround the headingley pitch, why isn't the health & safety people looking into this. at least our pitch is safe to play on!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 27 Jul 2016, 12:53

Great post usacas. I love Wheldon Road and am not ashamed to admit that when we do finally play our last game there I will shed a tear guaranteed. You can't buy the memories that the place has given over the years. I'll take our 'little pitch' over these shared and rented shiny stadiums anyday and couldn't give a t*ss what the clowns on SKY say or think, or what other clubs fans think either. Wheldon Road has one of those things that the likes of Huddersfield will never have and thats an atmosphere, and to us it's home.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Jul 2016, 12:55

Wheldon Road has one of those things that the likes of Huddersfield will never have and thats an atmosphere,
plus fans :lol:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 27 Jul 2016, 13:06

yorky wrote:
Wheldon Road has one of those things that the likes of Huddersfield will never have and thats an atmosphere,
plus fans :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 27 Jul 2016, 17:03

The facilities are poor children using the loo should always stand at the shallow end.The changing rooms !
The scoreboard is poorly sited,the corporate facilities are antiquated I could go on but what's the point we all know it is what it is!
But it's the home of Castleford Tigers so nothing else matters I will miss the old gal when (if) we move
I hope we take some artefacts to the new ground when we move you should never forget where you came from
Although the Shuddersfield fans chanting Fartown has become tedious .
As I say to all our visitors stop moaning you only have to come once a year MY focus is what goes on on the field of play and those memories will stay with me no matter where we play
COYF

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 29 Jul 2016, 17:03

the new site has got increased activity on there with metal fences and more earth diggers. also more men at work.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Jul 2016, 17:07

classysupercas wrote:the new site has got increased activity on there with metal fences and more earth diggers. also more men at work.
thats good to hear :dance:

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 29 Jul 2016, 19:19

classysupercas wrote:the new site has got increased activity on there with metal fences and more earth diggers. also more men at work.
So this could be our new Aussie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 30 Jul 2016, 18:12

;) lol i remember them

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 30 Jul 2016, 20:01

I shouldn't worry too much about the the old girl down the lane. We'll be watching Cas from the Wheldon Road end for many years to come. They might turn the new site into a crop of barley or wheat by the start of next season, I can assure you that there wont be much brick laying done in the next few years.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 30 Jul 2016, 20:03

On a positive note......

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 30 Jul 2016, 21:13

Keithy wrote:I shouldn't worry too much about the the old girl down the lane. We'll be watching Cas from the Wheldon Road end for many years to come. They might turn the new site into a crop of barley or wheat by the start of next season, I can assure you that there wont be much brick laying done in the next few years.

and we will be watching cas hammer waky at dewsbury

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 30 Jul 2016, 22:51

noxandrattles wrote:
Keithy wrote:I shouldn't worry too much about the the old girl down the lane. We'll be watching Cas from the Wheldon Road end for many years to come. They might turn the new site into a crop of barley or wheat by the start of next season, I can assure you that there wont be much brick laying done in the next few years.

and we will be watching cas hammer waky at dewsbury
:dance: :dance: AGAIN :dance: :dance:

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 31 Jul 2016, 12:40

i noticed Dave Woods said at the warrington wakie game that the in goal area at the Leigh sports village pitch were small / narrow & thats in a new ground, i hope our new ground will have plenty of space all round the pitch as im sick of hearing people saying how small our current ground is :roll: