Minikin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
whynot1

Minikin

Post by whynot1 » 24 Jul 2016, 20:40

Don't know about the rest of you but I cannot wait for Minikin's future with the club. Outstanding player. Even when playing out of position he still does a class performance. Brilliant try today.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Minikin

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jul 2016, 21:30

It was a great try wasn't it i look forward to seeing are trys again looked to be some good ones today
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 24 Jul 2016, 22:24

He's one player I'd be more than happy to lock down on a very long contract.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 24 Jul 2016, 22:31

just been watching a clip of his try now watched it 5 times that kids is one hell of a player .......

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 24 Jul 2016, 23:07

Minikin, Springer and McMeeken have all shown that they're Super League calibre players for me this year.

Crooks potential to show off has been hamstrung being on the wrong side when we tend to attack only down one wing. Tom Holmes and Ryan Hampshire have found themselves behind a hooker and a prop in the halfback pecking order, which says all it needs to.

Maher looks good but needs to build up his stamina. Ash Robson has sadly been out all year, hope he doesn't lose his confidence or ability as a result.

Minikin or Springer for the leagues young player of the year for me. Course it'll go to a Saints/Wigan/Wire/Leeds player no doubt... (probably Ash Handley. But I'm a bitter cynic).

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 24 Jul 2016, 23:45

Squaddie86 wrote:Minikin, Springer and McMeeken have all shown that they're Super League calibre players for me this year.

Crooks potential to show off has been hamstrung being on the wrong side when we tend to attack only down one wing. Tom Holmes and Ryan Hampshire have found themselves behind a hooker and a prop in the halfback pecking order, which says all it needs to.

Maher looks good but needs to build up his stamina. Ash Robson has sadly been out all year, hope he doesn't lose his confidence or ability as a result.

Minikin or Springer for the leagues young player of the year for me. Course it'll go to a Saints/Wigan/Wire/Leeds player no doubt... (probably Ash Handley. But I'm a bitter cynic).
Hampshire is an interesting one. We all know he has desire to play in the halves however he has generally looked pretty strong at full back. With Dorn leaving I wouldn't mind an offer being tabled to him/Wigan - would be a safer bet than Eden.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jul 2016, 23:50

Hampshire starting to look like a decent player now to me taken a while like but dp seems to be getting the best out of him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Jul 2016, 00:15

said it for a long time on here rocky's best position is full back but i do understand why ha wants to play in the halves. his face was a picture when he came back to the cas fans after the last try which really was the icing on the cake.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 25 Jul 2016, 01:53

onetiger wrote:just been watching a clip of his try now watched it 5 times that kids is one hell of a player .......
Just been watching it over and over again myself, brilliant try. Minikin should definitely be in the starting line-up next season. Center if Jake moves to the forwards or on the wing ahead of Monaghan. Can't wait to see his development over the next couple of seasons. Kudos to Cas for getting him, now make sure we keep him.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 05 Aug 2016, 20:59

I know it's only been the first half, but having a fantastic game yet again. Real determination when running at the line, and has that tricky 'shenny step' about him.
Well done to all at cas on this one

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 05 Aug 2016, 22:20

Squaddie86 wrote:
Surely it's got to be Solomona for young player of the year, got to be him or Ben Currie.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 05 Aug 2016, 22:26

KB80 wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:
Surely it's got to be Solomona for young player of the year, got to be him or Ben Currie.

Ash Handley?? Hahahaha give over!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 05 Aug 2016, 22:39

i think greg is with the right coaching set up to eventually turn him into an international quality half back. sky's the limit if he wants it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

whynot1

Post by whynot1 » 05 Aug 2016, 22:45

lurcher wrote:i think greg is with the right coaching set up to eventually turn him into an international quality half back. sky's the limit if he wants it.
Greg a centre not a full back and is not wanting to be a full back in the slightest. Minikin for the 3 shirt next year

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 05 Aug 2016, 22:49

lurcher wrote:i think greg is with the right coaching set up to eventually turn him into an international quality half back. sky's the limit if he wants it.

What has everyone been drinking tonight???

whynot1

Post by whynot1 » 05 Aug 2016, 22:53

Casmoley wrote:

What has everyone been drinking tonight???
^ you're telling me. Get Greg in the centre 3 put Jake on bench and sub him where needs be. We need minikin and we need Jake. Be good when we have shenton back at end of the year (wishful thinking) and benny back next year. Can't wait for 2017 season. Top 4? Easy with thee up and coming players.