Savelio on loan

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Savelio on loan

Post by Tigerman2014 » 24 Jul 2016, 17:54

I hope we keep him looked class today as everytime he's played for saints would love to keep him full time

Saint_Jason

Post by Saint_Jason » 24 Jul 2016, 21:21

I'm a saints fan n this savalio loan deal personally I feel we have made a big mistake loaning him out but I do wish him good luck at Castleford as I feel ul get to give him 1st team.action but he does work hard n ok he has issues but leave his personal life out of it judge the lad what he does on the pitch he fill do fantastic when he plays good luck pal hope u come home to saints nxt yr

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 24 Jul 2016, 23:40

im not saying it's not okay to want to go to the NRL, and I know many kids do, both at Saints, and at other clubs. The difference here is the amount of tact shown. Again, I know his illness plays a part in that, but it's still going to cause issues

If you have come on here to subtly cause trouble or embarrassment to AS, I would ask you to stay away please. The comment I have highlighted, if true and if written in the way I imagine it has been, there is no surprise whatsoever that Andre and his family wish for him to leave behind the area in which he played.

Ask any player who has played for Cas;'both the club and its fans are the the closest knit group in the game. Andre is a fabulous player who will be valued as a person and a player more than anywhere else.

I hope he proves you all very wrong indeed
Audacter Et Sincere

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 25 Jul 2016, 00:19

while the lad pulls on a tigers shirt he will get me and my familys supports
his private life is just that private so i will not pass comment on any players private life
im there to watch them on the field ..just to say good try lets see a couple more

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Jul 2016, 00:21

Muppets wrote:
Magic superbeetle wrote:Saints fan here, I come in peace. Just thought I would clear things up.

Ever since Savelio signed his new deal last year, he has been the big I am in the squad, and been ... Difficult ... In training. After he started the year poorly (and he was very poor) and was dropped and told to prove himself in the reserves like Greenwood. Savelio refused to play reserves up until relatively recently, and his indifferent performance for the reserves was the last straw. He did fall out with KC around Easter of this year, along with a few other players (including Greenwood) however the squad and management seem to have resolved that.

That being said, it is still Saints (current) intention to have him at the club next year - he is contracted, and we turned down 50k for him from Widnes when he was loaned out. However, his long term ambition (and he will tell anyone who will listen) is to play NRL and his openness on the matter does mean the club are willing to do a deal, but will most probably involve a player swap (if any).

Right magic superbeetle, why don't you go back to all the St helens websites, write all the crap and lies that you wanna right about the kid there. He's finally got away from idiots like you that know naff all about him. I've read the posts that you've written about him in the past and you've clearly got it in for him. So he's clearly annoyed you for whatever reason in the past, either a coach, trainer, player or relative and you cannot let it go.

Andre nearly died a few years ago and he fought back from a serious illness. He has fought the last three years of his life trying to get back to where he is today and has worked damn hard. Some people in the know have been supportive. Some like you who think they are in the know but are not, are not at all supportive. Actually extremely vindictive.

Why do you think it's okay to spread malicious rumours about a 21 year old lad that's trying to rebuild the life he almost lost.

You don't know him, you never sat by his bedside begging for him not too be taken.

The kids come to Castleford for a chance to play rugby. Does he look like he's not bothered, does he look like he's not trained. No! He looks to me like a young man that has managed to live, managed to get his driving licence back, managed to keep a job, managed to buy his own car, manages to help at home. manages to look after his little brother, cook, clean and do all the things I thought he'd never do because of brain injury.

So why don't you and all your other ignorant buddies who keep going on about andres attitude and desire to go to the nrl (when it's OK for your other English players) shut your mouths and crawl away.

You harp on about "state of mind" you know sweet bugger all
wow
jo brand is eddie warings love child

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 25 Jul 2016, 00:32

lurcher wrote:
Muppets wrote:
Magic superbeetle wrote:Saints fan here, I come in peace. Just thought I would clear things up.

Ever since Savelio signed his new deal last year, he has been the big I am in the squad, and been ... Difficult ... In training. After he started the year poorly (and he was very poor) and was dropped and told to prove himself in the reserves like Greenwood. Savelio refused to play reserves up until relatively recently, and his indifferent performance for the reserves was the last straw. He did fall out with KC around Easter of this year, along with a few other players (including Greenwood) however the squad and management seem to have resolved that.

That being said, it is still Saints (current) intention to have him at the club next year - he is contracted, and we turned down 50k for him from Widnes when he was loaned out. However, his long term ambition (and he will tell anyone who will listen) is to play NRL and his openness on the matter does mean the club are willing to do a deal, but will most probably involve a player swap (if any).

Right magic superbeetle, why don't you go back to all the St helens websites, write all the crap and lies that you wanna right about the kid there. He's finally got away from idiots like you that know naff all about him. I've read the posts that you've written about him in the past and you've clearly got it in for him. So he's clearly annoyed you for whatever reason in the past, either a coach, trainer, player or relative and you cannot let it go.

Andre nearly died a few years ago and he fought back from a serious illness. He has fought the last three years of his life trying to get back to where he is today and has worked damn hard. Some people in the know have been supportive. Some like you who think they are in the know but are not, are not at all supportive. Actually extremely vindictive.

Why do you think it's okay to spread malicious rumours about a 21 year old lad that's trying to rebuild the life he almost lost.

You don't know him, you never sat by his bedside begging for him not too be taken.

The kids come to Castleford for a chance to play rugby. Does he look like he's not bothered, does he look like he's not trained. No! He looks to me like a young man that has managed to live, managed to get his driving licence back, managed to keep a job, managed to buy his own car, manages to help at home. manages to look after his little brother, cook, clean and do all the things I thought he'd never do because of brain injury.

So why don't you and all your other ignorant buddies who keep going on about andres attitude and desire to go to the nrl (when it's OK for your other English players) shut your mouths and crawl away.

You harp on about "state of mind" you know sweet bugger all
wow
Wow indeed !!!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 25 Jul 2016, 00:53

Great debut from Savelio, telling contributions in attack and some big hits and aggression in defence. His break and desire to get to his feet and play the ball to create Gales try was the highlight of his performance for me.

Would love to have him here longer term. Springer, Savelio, McMeeken, Holmes and Maher gives us a quality lineup of young forwards.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Jul 2016, 01:08

Savelio and Cas/Powell truly is a dream combo for the lad. At this stage of his career, I strongly believe we are made for each other.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jul 2016, 08:47

KB80 wrote:Great debut from Savelio, telling contributions in attack and some big hits and aggression in defence. His break and desire to get to his feet and play the ball to create Gales try was the highlight of his performance for me.

Would love to have him here longer term. Springer, Savelio, McMeeken, Holmes and Maher gives us a quality lineup of young forwards.

Agree with that.
His speed at getting off the floor was usain bold Esk .
If he can keep doing that, it'll keep the team on the front foot most of the game.
Great debut.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Jul 2016, 09:24

Doubt he'll be with us next year.
Looks like his agent is trying to get him a deal in oz. Apparently theres a number of clubs after him.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 27 Jul 2016, 09:42

Mysterio wrote:Savelio and Cas/Powell truly is a dream combo for the lad. At this stage of his career, I strongly believe we are made for each other.
I agree. Sadly we're not his Agent though, who will use good performances by him to lever him into a 'bigger' club.

Shame because I think his presence in our 17 next year would get other teams fearing our pack in a way they don't now (right now I think our full strength pack is respected, but I'd like teams to look at Springer, Moors and Savelio and genuinely brick it because they don't know how to stop it)

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 27 Jul 2016, 09:47

Got a text this morning saying it was a done deal. Saints were hanging on (releasing him) until they had a confirmed signing which they now have.

I dont know who this signing is, ive seen rumours that its Mariano, Mullaly or someone from Oz.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Jul 2016, 09:52

StevieTheTV wrote:Got a text this morning saying it was a done deal. Saints were hanging on (releasing him) until they had a confirmed signing which they now have.

I dont know who this signing is, ive seen rumours that its Mariano, Mullaly or someone from Oz.
So your rumour is a done deal for who cas or a team in oz.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Jul 2016, 09:52

Mysterio wrote:Savelio and Cas/Powell truly is a dream combo for the lad. At this stage of his career, I strongly believe we are made for each other.
agree i think it would be in his best interests to wait a year or so before going to the nrl
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Jul 2016, 09:54

StevieTheTV wrote:Got a text this morning saying it was a done deal. Saints were hanging on (releasing him) until they had a confirmed signing which they now have.

got a text from who?...mariano?
Vince Lombardi

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 27 Jul 2016, 10:18

Hahaha yeah Mariano (not really)... just a bloke who i know who is usually bang on the money with stuff like this, i dont usually share the info i get as im not an "in the know" kind of bloke and I like to find stuff out from the club first (he was with Flynn, Chase and Crooks last year ). The only reason I have this time is because i thought it was strange us taking a player on loan for 8 weeks when effectively there isnt much to play for now (apart from pride and a little prize money) and we could of blooded a youngster. Apparently its a done deal with Cas, i dont know for definite obviously, or for how long if it is true.

I hate silly rumour season and like i said, i dont really like sharing the stuff i hear but i made an exception this time.

Tawera Nikau = Legend

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Jul 2016, 10:23

hope your right mate even if we just had him for next year id be happy ..
Vince Lombardi

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 27 Jul 2016, 10:31

I know, im keeping my fingers crossed! Like someone else has said, it seems like a match made in heaven for the player, for now.

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 27 Jul 2016, 11:53

I'll believe it when Cas announce it.

Hope it's true though.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Jul 2016, 12:11

I'll believe it when casmoley confirms it ;)