Top 8 finish

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Danny Boy
Verified

Top 8 finish

Post by Danny Boy » 20 Jun 2016, 16:42

Winning the Hull game would have all but secured us a top 8 finish, but even now, I reckon we are almost certain of our Superleague place in 2017.

On paper, Hull KR have the best chance of catching us, especially as they have 3 home games left, 2 of which are against fellow strugglers, Leeds and Huddersfield, but the Hull derby and Warrington should see them off.

We may come under pressure if Salford get all their points back, but I very much doubt, as they have transgressed far too many times and are of course, under another cloud because of the altercation at Huddersfield.

Here's the league table as it stands and the remaining fixtures every Superleague team has to play, which shows how difficult it would be for the bottom 4 to get out of there.

Danny Boy

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Top 8 finish

Post by Frankas » 20 Jun 2016, 16:55

Why do folk think Salford will get their point's back, I don't think the RFL would back down, even if it is a independent tribunal. It was an independent tribunal who docked them in the first place. The good Dr mint find himself with a few more docked and a bigger fine

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Jun 2016, 17:41

In the case of HullKR, Campese's season is over

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 20 Jun 2016, 22:09

Also should be noted that Wakey and Widnes might not get many points from the last 4 games either. We need another win though to make all this inconsequential.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Jun 2016, 01:10

Danny Boy wrote:Winning the Hull game would have all but secured us a top 8 finish, but even now, I reckon we are almost certain of our Superleague place in 2017.

On paper, Hull KR have the best chance of catching us, especially as they have 3 home games left, 2 of which are against fellow strugglers, Leeds and Huddersfield, but the Hull derby and Warrington should see them off.

We may come under pressure if Salford get all their points back, but I very much doubt, as they have transgressed far too many times and are of course, under another cloud because of the altercation at Huddersfield.

Here's the league table as it stands and the remaining fixtures every Superleague team has to play, which shows how difficult it would be for the bottom 4 to get out of there.

Thanks for posting this ^^^

Makes things a lot clearer....

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 21 Jun 2016, 07:21

I think we can definitely win 2 of our remaining games. Possibly 3, We have to show up though, even though im fairly certain there will be more focus on the CC (gutted i cant make the 1/4s because of work), we cant let our league form slip even further.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 21 Jun 2016, 07:30

tigerforever wrote:Also should be noted that Wakey and Widnes might not get many points from the last 4 games either. We need another win though to make all this inconsequential.
We also need to beat Wakie to ensure that we finish above them!
cum on you Ford

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jun 2016, 07:59

More woe for Hull KR besides Campese being out Iain Thornley and Maurice Blair are up in front of the disciplinary today

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 21 Jun 2016, 14:27

EGP, no further action on both players

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jun 2016, 12:33

We are on the cusp of achieving a top eight spot.

Salford may get some points back, who knows, but I think we are stronger than some of the other sides there to not be at risk. The most disappointing thing is that we have had every opportunity to make everything inconsequential anyway in recent weeks - missed chance.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!