Massey

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Massey

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jun 2016, 10:44

He wasn't too good afterwards though!!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jun 2016, 12:23

Tamworth Tiger wrote:He wasn't too good afterwards though!!
Doesn't stop him (Webster) putting his body on the line though does it, unlike some...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jun 2016, 12:28

People need to realise that number 13 means naff all.

13 isn't a loose forward any more, it is an extra prop. That is how Powell plays - three props on the field.

As for Massey, he puts his body on the line, he's reliable, he grafts and puts in a shift and is defensively sound in the main. Sure he's not going to go rampaging through the line.

Oh, and did I also mention that he's a Cas lad, probably isn't as expensive so Cas are probably getting a decent ROI on what they have. Having reliable players like Massey mean that we can use money to strengthen the squad elsewhere.

Leeds have had similar players over the years - Ian Kirke, Ablett, Wire had Paul Wood.

Rugby League isn't a game for just flashy tries or running over the top of people. It's about working as a team. If you have 13 solid but unspectacular guys who are willing to do hard graft and can defend solidly, you'll win more games than you lose.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jun 2016, 13:26

But probably not win any competition!

Anyway, it's pleasing to read your thoughts on what you appear to be describing as an average player at best and I agree.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 22 Jun 2016, 14:01

Flat Capper wrote:But probably not win any competition!

Anyway, it's pleasing to read your thoughts on what you appear to be describing as an average player at best and I agree.
Nothing wrong with being an average Super league player. It means that there are a lot worse then you !
cum on you Ford

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jun 2016, 16:33

Flat Capper wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:He wasn't too good afterwards though!!
Doesn't stop him (Webster) putting his body on the line though does it, unlike some...
I thought what Webster did was outstanding. Just making the point that Pritchard really is a beast if he can do that to Jake

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 22 Jun 2016, 16:43

HuddsTigers wrote:People need to realise that number 13 means naff all.

13 isn't a loose forward any more, it is an extra prop. That is how Powell plays - three props on the field.

As for Massey, he puts his body on the line, he's reliable, he grafts and puts in a shift and is defensively sound in the main. Sure he's not going to go rampaging through the line.

Oh, and did I also mention that he's a Cas lad, probably isn't as expensive so Cas are probably getting a decent ROI on what they have. Having reliable players like Massey mean that we can use money to strengthen the squad elsewhere.

Leeds have had similar players over the years - Ian Kirke, Ablett, Wire had Paul Wood.

Rugby League isn't a game for just flashy tries or running over the top of people. It's about working as a team. If you have 13 solid but unspectacular guys who are willing to do hard graft and can defend solidly, you'll win more games than you lose.
A lot of ambiguous language in there. Everyone fit he wouldn't be in my 19.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Jun 2016, 16:47

Massey is a bloody valuable member of our SEVENTEEN.

his footwork close to the line is second to very few, and his skill set is good, he's got a good engine and rarely makes mistakes.

If anyone in the forwards has been off the boil recently it has been jewitt
Audacter Et Sincere

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 22 Jun 2016, 17:45

Massey isnt a cas lad. Hes from wakey played for walton when he was young

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 22 Jun 2016, 18:27

dude wrote:Massey isnt a cas lad. Hes from wakey played for walton when he was young
Thought he was from Dewsbury?
Danny Boy

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jun 2016, 18:47

HuddsTigers wrote:People need to realise that number 13 means naff all.

Rampaging through the line is exactly what you want your loose forward to be doing
Hes not from cas
Hes not like carl ablett
And so on and so on..
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi