New signing news

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

New signing news

Post by zart » 13 Jun 2016, 11:22

Cas just announced on Twitter news about a 2017 signing this lunchtime.

Biglad10

Re: New signing news

Post by Biglad10 » 13 Jun 2016, 11:43

It says signings so possibly more that 1

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 13 Jun 2016, 11:49

It says signing not signings

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 13 Jun 2016, 11:58

Greg Eden 2 year deal
Last edited by zart on 13 Jun 2016, 12:01, edited 2 times in total.

Jaack

Post by Jaack » 13 Jun 2016, 11:59

Super Greg Eden 2 Year. What a surprise ...

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 13 Jun 2016, 12:00

Here i am PRAYING :pray: :pray: :pray: that it IS NOT Butter fingers EDEN ... he is NO better than he was when we used to laugh at him at Hull KR, if it is him and we have offered him the sort of money mentioned then i am shocked at the lack of RL brain power in the coaching staff at Cas, this player cannot be improved upon anymore, he has a fundamental flaw in his game, he cannot pass or catch under pressure and also sometimes cannot catch under no pressure, he is a liability and we could have actually got a REAL rugby league player for this money.

PS. Don't care what all you "GIVE HIM A CHANCE BRIGADE SAY" ... hes rubbish and even Jesus Christ wont improve him now.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 13 Jun 2016, 12:03

HULL KR and the rest of Super League must be laughing their Male Chickens off at us!!!

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 13 Jun 2016, 12:05

I remember Gadwin dropping the ball once every game last season and so far he hasnt dropped a ball this season, so have hope Comrades, If Eden was as bad as we think im sure tha tthe very wise Coaching staff at Cas also wouldnt have touched him with a barge pole

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Jun 2016, 12:09

Welcome aboard Greg for me he will show us all what a good player he is

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 13 Jun 2016, 12:16

so eden it is then. tottally underwelmed by this and show a lack of ambition by the club.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2016, 12:26

Oh dear.
As I wrote on another thread, I'd be happy to sign him as a winger who can cover full-back but not as our first-choice full-back.
He was ridiculed as a full-back at both Huddersfield and Hull KR, both of whom were willing to release him from his contract before it expired.
He has then spent two seasons playing on the wing, mostly for Brisbane's reserve team, so will not have developed the clear deficiencies he had as a full-back.

And I know the club will spin the positives of the signing, but I have issues with these statements:
"Eden moved to Hull KR where he enjoyed a great spell with the team in 2013 scoring 14 tries in 22 appearances."
Erm, no. He was weak and cost them more than he scored.
He burst onto the scene for the Aussie club when he scored a length of the field try against Wigan Warriors in the World Club Challenge earlier this year.
Again, no. He didn't burst onto the scene. He spent a year in the reserves and got a chance to play when they had injuries. He scored an interception try when the game was already won.

If he is our first-choice full-back for next year, we have a massive problem (in my opinion). He looked completely out of his depth playing on the wing for the Broncos the other day and his positional play, ball control and ability under the high ball are all weak - not good for a full-back.
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on 13 Jun 2016, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 13 Jun 2016, 12:26

why any player would want to come to cas with some of our fans
do you who are on about eden not have faith in our coach he must think he can work with the guy and bring out the best in him .when he takes to the field in a cas shirt he will get 100 percent of our support..

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 13 Jun 2016, 12:26

Dropped the ball big time with this,I don't profess to know as much as Daryl Powell or other posters on here even about RL but this lad is arguably the worst winger in the NRL. I've seen his last few games against the Cowboys he was solid but the last match he looked out of his depth,a direct quote from Brisbane sports radio was he is the "worst ever player for the Broncos".

He must have a hell of a agent...

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 13 Jun 2016, 12:30

onetiger wrote:why any player would want to come to cas with some of our fans
do you who are on about eden not have faith in our coach he must think he can work with the guy and bring out the best in him .when he takes to the field in a cas shirt he will get 100 percent of our support..
Hmm our coach is undoubtedly a great coach no disputing that but he's had good quality coaching from one of the best coaches of all time and still seems unable to even comprehend basic techniques. Of course we will cheer him.I will gladly eat humble pie if he's a good signing but from what I personally have seen,I just can't see it.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2016, 12:31

onetiger wrote:why any player would want to come to cas with some of our fans
His previous history is the problem.
I think we have a right to question signing a player who two other clubs have been willing to release for free before the end of his contract. Added to the fact he has been signed as a full-back when he hasn't played there for two years, can you not see why there are doubts?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2016, 12:38

i feel like custer at the battle of the little big horn ...said before i think he will be a good signing , just have to wait and see whos right wont we
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Jun 2016, 12:41

An English player from Cas who wants to play for the club. DP says he can improve him and his best days are in front of him.

Is a pity is not Mead, but in DP we trust

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2016, 12:46

mart0042 wrote:An English player from Cas who wants to play for the club. DP says he can improve him and his best days are in front of him.

Is a pity is not Mead, but in DP we trust
I'm holding out hope that we are signing Mead too and use Eden as a versatile outside back.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2016, 12:49

powell said something like ..his athletic ability is key to playing full back in our team i dont have any doubt he intends to play him at full back
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 13 Jun 2016, 12:51

take the point with alot of comments but come on fellas give him a chance. powell signed him and we can critisise powell midway through 2017 if he his a big disapointment. we all know monaghan has to improve a great deal to stop critisism about powells signings, but if joel doesnt then we can all say we told you so. ..... we need to give greg a chance to prove what he can do first!