Well done mr thailer

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Well done mr thailer

Post by TheSheriff » 27 May 2016, 15:00

Let's see what happens in the Leeds/Warrington game tonight. The ref in that game, Chris Campbell, played a few games for Warrington in 2000.

So Cas got a Wakey fan reffing them and Leeds get a former player of the opposition tonight...because the RFL are fair & balanced like that.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 27 May 2016, 15:32

I really think we need to go back to neutral referees. I know we'll still get the Yorkshire, Lancashire debate but most times in previous years there's never been so much discussed about bias refereeing. Funny how it never came about when we had probably the best referee (in the world IMO) from Cas in Mr Russ Smith. A Castleford referee refereeing Castleford? Not on my watch was the call. Mind you would Thaler supposedly come under that banner? Who knows. On principle though he should as a member of the Castleford & Featherstone refereeing society

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 27 May 2016, 15:50

aside from that [REMOVED] performance, did anyone notice the wigan tackling technique where the tackled players body was twisted in one direction but the guy taking the legs twisted them in the opposite direction, it happened a few times which made me think it was a deliberate ploy and not just a one off,

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 27 May 2016, 15:53

Absolute joke that man.disgusting performance.hope he gets struck off now after possibly been dropped for a 3rd time.if I kept performing badly at work I'd be down the road.if Wigan players taking a photo Infront of their fans and singing as load as they did in changing rooms (which I don't blame em)isn't motivation enough for the cup game nothing is.cannot wait for that.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 May 2016, 16:45

Apparently they were waiving him over to get in that photo at the railway end..... But he didn't see it

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 27 May 2016, 16:58

Not been mentioned yet, but did anyone notice after Denny's try in 1st half, when Gale had set himself for the conversion, Thaler stopped him in his run up, to tell the piemen to get behind the line, fair enough that's what rules say but, not when the kicker is going to strike the ball. If he misses he gets chance to retake if they are in front of posts.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 27 May 2016, 17:14

SuffolkTiger wrote:Apparently they were waiving him over to get in that photo at the railway end..... But he didn't see it
Apparently this "photo" was done to wind us up after we did it when we beat them,this has really riled me as we do it as a genuine way to create memories of our victories. They did it to take the proverbial.

I hope we can ram it down their throats in the cup

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 May 2016, 17:14

fast hands wrote:Not been mentioned yet, but did anyone notice after Denny's try in 1st half, when Gale had set himself for the conversion, Thaler stopped him in his run up, to tell the piemen to get behind the line, fair enough that's what rules say but, not when the kicker is going to strike the ball. If he misses he gets chance to retake if they are in front of posts.
Yes I noticed that,and how Thaler seems hell bent on winding the clock down at the end of the 1st half,he clearly tried to distrupt Gale taking that kick that led to Websters sin binning.

I wasn't going to go to the cup game....now I am, lets get over there in numbers!

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 27 May 2016, 17:29

I don't like knocking ref's but a ref who doesn't know the difference between a knock on, or a player being off side in the build up to their match clinching try, makes my blood boil. Darrel summed it up spot on, except for the fact that we didn't get any calls go our way unless Thaler had no choice.

Thaler was constantly screaming at the Cas players to get up and stop milking, when it was clear to everyone bar the ref that they were being held down, and when we were defending he was screaming at the Cas players to get away. He told Dorn to shut up your not the Captain, and then he told Gale to shut up has he didn't care if he was the Captain, but on the other hand allowed Tomkins to rant on for the full 80. one thing what got me going was the big smirk on his face, and then winked at batman, something what nearly cost me a new TV.

If something isn't done about the bias and arrogance, some refs have toward certain players or teams, it wont be long before a player cracks and does something he may regret, the players are under more than enough pressure without a ref, winding them up even more.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 May 2016, 17:42

derbystiger wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:Rugby league in the UK is turning into a joke. The Rfl is weak and Darenth take any 'cheating' or incompetent ref to task. As much as I hate to say it, I am turning towards Koukash - somebody has to clean up this game. Whilst Koukash isn't the right man, at least he is stating the obvious that the Rfl are not fit for purpose.
Thaler certainly added a lot of power to Marwan's views last night!
I'm not a big Koukash fan, but have to agree on this one
i've seen a summary of the koucash press conference and he makes quite a few accusations. an interesting one is that the rfl offered salford money to switch the dates of their fixture against wigan.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 May 2016, 17:48

I think koucashs campaign will start to grow momentum people i talk to from different clubs have just about had enough
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 27 May 2016, 18:13

the machine wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Who was video ref the try he gave when there was a clear knock on was a joke the look on the cas players faces i dont think they could believe what was occuring
James Child
Dumb and dumber

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 May 2016, 19:21

Frankas wrote:I don't like knocking ref's but a ref who doesn't know the difference between a knock on, or a player being off side in the build up to their match clinching try, makes my blood boil. Darrel summed it up spot on, except for the fact that we didn't get any calls go our way unless Thaler had no choice.

Thaler was constantly screaming at the Cas players to get up and stop milking, when it was clear to everyone bar the ref that they were being held down, and when we were defending he was screaming at the Cas players to get away. He told Dorn to shut up your not the Captain, and then he told Gale to shut up has he didn't care if he was the Captain, but on the other hand allowed Tomkins to rant on for the full 80. one thing what got me going was the big smirk on his face, and then winked at batman, something what nearly cost me a new TV.

If something isn't done about the bias and arrogance, some refs have toward certain players or teams, it wont be long before a player cracks and does something he may regret, the players are under more than enough pressure without a ref, winding them up even more.
well put Frankas, he just reminded me of the arrogant Fred Lindop & he was from wakie too, last night was an all time low for me seeing our lads put to the sword by a ref, the off side before half time & the try from a blatant knock on has sickened me big time, rant over ](*,)

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 27 May 2016, 19:45

Yes it was obvious the guy was biased from the very start, and the more the crowd let him know the worse he became. in the end he was a angry man. not fitting for a neutral ref to behave shouldnt ref cas again. UTTER SCANDALOUS

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 27 May 2016, 19:49

Still angry about it now. It will now be typed BEN Thaler from now on.

billy tiger

Post by billy tiger » 27 May 2016, 19:54

flood light tiger wrote:Powell said it right wigan got every 50/50 and some of the things he gave well.......utter joke...biased dosnt even come close to it
Your talking [REMOVED] accept defeat

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 27 May 2016, 20:24

billy tiger wrote:
flood light tiger wrote:Powell said it right wigan got every 50/50 and some of the things he gave well.......utter joke...biased dosnt even come close to it
So you are saying that DP and every other Cas fan, along with every neutral fan who watched the match are talking bovine faeces? Spoke to a lifelong Wakie fan this morning who agreed that Thaler was a disgrace.
cum on you Ford

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 27 May 2016, 21:36

Aid wrote:
billy tiger wrote:
So you are saying that DP and every other Cas fan, along with every neutral fan who watched the match are talking bovine faeces? Spoke to a lifelong Wakie fan this morning who agreed that Thaler was a disgrace.
I think you've done some very selective reading there. Most neutrals are not bagging the ref.

Wigan came and did a job on us. Simple as. Thaler was not great, I'll give you that, but we were poor. Line speed, shocking, lacking aggression in the tackle and not running on to the ball. Wigan were making twice the yardage.

It's not good to watch but they brought their best spoiling game, but we fell for it. We lost composure and our game went with it. Wigan know how to grind out wins, we don't, still. If the flowing football doesn't work, there's no plan B and it started in the very first game of the season.

We're also letting too many points in, more than anybody else in fact. That's why we're losing games, nothing to do with referees.

We're a good side and without the injuries we'd be further up the league, but we will continue to trail the top teams until we learn how to win scrappy games and manage other teams' spoiling tactics.

As I say, Thaler was not great, but some people need to take the Amber tints off and see what's really in front of them.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 May 2016, 21:45

If Thaler was so crap which most acknowledge but Wigan were good and we were so poor how the hell did we lose by only 7 points and have a number off 50/50 try calls go against us? Perhaps a few people on here need to get their cherry and white tinted specs off

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 May 2016, 22:39

yorky wrote:
Frankas wrote:I don't like knocking ref's but a ref who doesn't know the difference between a knock on, or a player being off side in the build up to their match clinching try, makes my blood boil. Darrel summed it up spot on, except for the fact that we didn't get any calls go our way unless Thaler had no choice.

well put Frankas, he just reminded me of the arrogant Fred Lindop & he was from wakie too, last night was an all time low for me seeing our lads put to the sword by a ref, the off side before half time & the try from a blatant knock on has sickened me big time, rant over ](*,)
correct mate he once sent me off for gobbing (no complaints about it) but i went to apologise after the game and he told me to go away as he didn't want to talk to me.
jo brand is eddie warings love child