Well done mr thailer

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Well done mr thailer

Post by lurcher » 27 May 2016, 22:43

Nu Shooze wrote:
Aid wrote:
billy tiger wrote:
flood light tiger wrote:Powell said it right wigan got every 50/50 and some of the things he gave well.......utter joke...biased dosnt even come close to it
Your talking [REMOVED] accept defeat
So you are saying that DP and every other Cas fan, along with every neutral fan who watched the match are talking bovine faeces? Spoke to a lifelong Wakie fan this morning who agreed that Thaler was a disgrace.
I think you've done some very selective reading there. Most neutrals are not bagging the ref.

Wigan came and did a job on us. Simple as. Thaler was not great, I'll give you that, but we were poor. Line speed, shocking, lacking aggression in the tackle and not running on to the ball. Wigan were making twice the yardage.

It's not good to watch but they brought their best spoiling game, but we fell for it. We lost composure and our game went with it. Wigan know how to grind out wins, we don't, still. If the flowing football doesn't work, there's no plan B and it started in the very first game of the season.

We're also letting too many points in, more than anybody else in fact. That's why we're losing games, nothing to do with referees.

We're a good side and without the injuries we'd be further up the league, but we will continue to trail the top teams until we learn how to win scrappy games and manage other teams' spoiling tactics.

As I say, Thaler was not great, but some people need to take the Amber tints off and see what's really in front of them.

To be honest mate i think you're been selective as well. all the other clubs forums are agreeing we were robbed by a bent ref. even joe westerman tweeted on the subject.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 27 May 2016, 22:59

OK, it's been 24 hours and everyone, including me, should have calmed down by now.

I even got told off by my mate for being a bit sweary, guilty as charged.... ( even though the bird at the side of me used the W word against BT )

I'm not one for the conspiracy theory ie that the RFL are against us and want the big teams to win, never have been...

There are days when we feel that there is an extra man against us - The BEST teams simply don't use that as an excuse and up their game and beat the 14 in front of them without complaining and then stick the 2's up to them.

If we want to be the best we need to use this as a learning curve and realise that we're not going to get any help from anyone but ourselves which in the long run will make any success even sweeter

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 27 May 2016, 23:55

Nu Shooze wrote:
Aid wrote:
billy tiger wrote:
flood light tiger wrote:Powell said it right wigan got every 50/50 and some of the things he gave well.......utter joke...biased dosnt even come close to it
So you are saying that DP and every other Cas fan, along with every neutral fan who watched the match are talking bovine faeces? Spoke to a lifelong Wakie fan this morning who agreed that Thaler was a disgrace.
I think you've done some very selective reading there. Most neutrals are not bagging the ref.

Wigan came and did a job on us. Simple as. Thaler was not great, I'll give you that, but we were poor. Line speed, shocking, lacking aggression in the tackle and not running on to the ball. Wigan were making twice the yardage.

It's not good to watch but they brought their best spoiling game, but we fell for it. We lost composure and our game went with it. Wigan know how to grind out wins, we don't, still. If the flowing football doesn't work, there's no plan B and it started in the very first game of the season.

We're also letting too many points in, more than anybody else in fact. That's why we're losing games, nothing to do with referees.

We're a good side and without the injuries we'd be further up the league, but we will continue to trail the top teams until we learn how to win scrappy games and manage other teams' spoiling tactics.

As I say, Thaler was not great, but some people need to take the Amber tints off and see what's really in front of them.
Thaler stopped Cas playing as DP pointed out. LISTEN to him NOT me. The only way that Wigan got on the front foot and got good field position (which is the key to winning RL matches) was via Thaler's whistle. Just to pick out one of your dumb statements 'Wigan were making twice the yardage' the ONLY way that Wigan got inside our 40 in the first half was because of Thaler's whistle.
Just got back from a RL supporting pub, Bulls, Leeds, Wakie, Cas, Huddersfield and Fev fans all agreed that Thaler gave Wigan EVERYTHING and given that they only won by a try and a drop goal, with any half decent ref Cas would have probably won. You accuse me and others; the overwhelming majority of posters, the majority of the crowd judging by the noise when Thaler pounced off the ground, supporters of other clubs, and the Cas coach DP of having 'Amber tints'
There a certain type of contrary individual who thinks that being perceived as somehow different (they think that means clever, when is certainly does not) makes them stand out from the crowd.
In this case that means YOU, The reality is that every true Cas SUPPORTER watching, whether at the game, at home or in a pub saw that Thaler ensured that his decisions made enough of a difference that the two league points went to Wigan
cum on you Ford

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 28 May 2016, 00:23

Even watching it back on sky Stuart Cummings who wasn't much better himself was been dispicable, whilst he continues to be employed by Sky I won't be watching he is frankly stealing a wage like Mr Thaler is !!! This has all left a sour taste in my
Mouth for sure its time for change at the RFL but I doubt it'll happen

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 28 May 2016, 00:45

Aid wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
Aid wrote:
billy tiger wrote:

Thaler stopped Cas playing as DP pointed out. LISTEN to him NOT me. The only way that Wigan got on the front foot and got good field position (which is the key to winning RL matches) was via Thaler's whistle. Just to pick out one of your dumb statements 'Wigan were making twice the yardage' the ONLY way that Wigan got inside our 40 in the first half was because of Thaler's whistle.
Just got back from a RL supporting pub, Bulls, Leeds, Wakie, Cas, Huddersfield and Fev fans all agreed that Thaler gave Wigan EVERYTHING and given that they only won by a try and a drop goal, with any half decent ref Cas would have probably won. You accuse me and others; the overwhelming majority of posters, the majority of the crowd judging by the noise when Thaler pounced off the ground, supporters of other clubs, and the Cas coach DP of having 'Amber tints'
There a certain type of contrary individual who thinks that being perceived as somehow different (they think that means clever, when is certainly does not) makes them stand out from the crowd.
In this case that means YOU, The reality is that every true Cas SUPPORTER watching, whether at the game, at home or in a pub saw that Thaler ensured that his decisions made enough of a difference that the two league points went to Wigan
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 May 2016, 06:35

Aid wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
Aid wrote:
billy tiger wrote:

This post is absolutely spot on. A lot of people on this forum and around me at the ground who are not ref bashers and have been watching the game for a very long time, including me were incensed on Thursday night by Thaler's performance. I posted very early on and I said it at half time when he made that appalling penalty decision that I was unhappy not just because he was caning Cas but was also ruining the game as a contest when it had all the ingredients for a classic and that was spoiling it not just for us but all the neutrals out there. The game was on a high after Magic. Thaler put it right back in its box and helped Marwan's cause no end.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 May 2016, 06:45

Le Van wrote:OK, it's been 24 hours and everyone, including me, should have calmed down by now.

I even got told off by my mate for being a bit sweary, guilty as charged.... ( even though the bird at the side of me used the W word against BT )

I'm not one for the conspiracy theory ie that the RFL are against us and want the big teams to win, never have been...

There are days when we feel that there is an extra man against us - The BEST teams simply don't use that as an excuse and up their game and beat the 14 in front of them without complaining and then stick the 2's up to them.

If we want to be the best we need to use this as a learning curve and realise that we're not going to get any help from anyone but ourselves which in the long run will make any success even sweeter
I agree with this in principle, but in games between two evenly matched teams this isn't always possible. The damage is done and we can stick the two fingers up in the cup match but Thaler needs sorting. Don't forget that it's only two seasons ago that Saints beat us with the last play of the match in the home game here. With his usual arrogance Thaler refused to go to the screen. The replay showed a clear knock on by Saints. That decision cost us our first League Leaders place. Thaler claimed afterwards to be 'gutted' by his own decision. Does he come across to you as a man that is capable of sincerely admitting to his own mistakes?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 May 2016, 07:15

I agree with it too to the point champion teams find ways to win when things go against them the problem i have is thailer as issues against cas thats not sour grapes at a bad refing performance weve all had to put up with that its just the way it is and i think powells had enough of it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 28 May 2016, 10:58

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Le Van wrote:OK, it's been 24 hours and everyone, including me, should have calmed down by now.

I agree with this in principle, but in games between two evenly matched teams this isn't always possible. The damage is done and we can stick the two fingers up in the cup match but Thaler needs sorting. Don't forget that it's only two seasons ago that Saints beat us with the last play of the match in the home game here. With his usual arrogance Thaler refused to go to the screen. The replay showed a clear knock on by Saints. That decision cost us our first League Leaders place. Thaler claimed afterwards to be 'gutted' by his own decision. Does he come across to you as a man that is capable of sincerely admitting to his own mistakes?

I feel that there is little chance of BT admitting to making any mistakes whatsoever

Looking back it'seems ironic that the best picture on the big screen all night was the full screen picture of him just as they came out for the second half.........I bet he got a tingle in the undercroft over that one

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 28 May 2016, 11:35

I was confused by the video ref ruling solomona short after thaler sent it to him as a double movement. For thaler to send it up as no try for double movement surely he must have seen the ball grounded over try line or he would have just told him to play the ball

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 May 2016, 12:23

solomona slid over there was no double movement a replica of one of Charnleys I was stood some 10 YDS away

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 28 May 2016, 14:24

Thaler says its over the line through double movement. The video ref says no double movement but its short. It must have been over the line for thaler to say not try for double movement

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 28 May 2016, 17:52

The ref never mentioned a double movement we he sent it. What he did say is 'I've got no try; I think it's short of the line'. The double movement comment came from the VR when reviewing it through.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 May 2016, 22:52

what no one else has mentioned is why cas conceded some of the penalties. wigan constantly tried to take a couple of steps forwad from the spot they were tackled before playing the ball and cas were only trying to prevent this but were penalised for interference. a few times thaler shouted play on he's stepped forward and similarly when wigan were trying to milk penalties for interference thaler was shouting play on he dived. surely he should be penalising them for these offences and not shouting play on. exactly the same as when he was telling them they were offside but not penalising them.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 29 May 2016, 21:04

[quote="Le Van"]OK, it's been 24 hours and everyone, including me, should have calmed down by now.

Bit sweary you would have been walking Le Van for that abuse and her at side of you when I was reffing.
I would like to think when I reffed I was either consistently good or consistently bad for both teams, you can have a bad game but it will show your decisions were wrong to both teams and you know it, and the more you try the worse you get. All you can do is hold your hand up and say I had a bad day at the office.
Have we heard anything from Mr Thaler in way of an apology , you just can't be arrogant as he seems to be.
I also noticed he made a quick exit leaving the field, he should have waited for his touch judges as they might be involved in any skirmishes that may happen after final whistle, you are a team, you leave as a team. Wouldn't want him in the trenches with you would you.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 May 2016, 21:25

He would have to find a trench with three full length mirrors a couple of sun beds and some of that nice quilted toilet paper before he would consider getting in ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 May 2016, 06:15

fast hands wrote:

Bit sweary you would have been walking Le Van for that abuse and her at side of you when I was reffing.
I would like to think when I reffed I was either consistently good or consistently bad for both teams, you can have a bad game but it will show your decisions were wrong to both teams and you know it, and the more you try the worse you get. All you can do is hold your hand up and say I had a bad day at the office.
Have we heard anything from Mr Thaler in way of an apology , you just can't be arrogant as he seems to be.
I also noticed he made a quick exit leaving the field, he should have waited for his touch judges as they might be involved in any skirmishes that may happen after final whistle, you are a team, you leave as a team. Wouldn't want him in the trenches with you would you.
Don't be silly. An apology would be him admitting he made mistakes!!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 30 May 2016, 07:10

Fumper27 wrote:
fast hands wrote:

Don't be silly. An apology would be him admitting he made mistakes!!
It can't be a mistake when it was intentional!

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 30 May 2016, 08:49

There will be no apology according to stuart cummings it was one of the best games thaler had done.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 May 2016, 09:32

if Cummings as said that , it about sums up his knowledge of the job he is supposed to be doing every club have had problems with referees since the rugby league made him the overseer, we had problems before but they have got a dam site worse under his watch