Best Backrow in the League

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Best Backrow in the League

Post by Mysterio » 26 May 2016, 09:28

Totally feel like we've currently got the best back row in Superleague at the moment, and it's only going to improve.

Mcmeeken has so much talent already and I don't think he's stopped growing yet either!
Moors is just out of this world and we desperately need him and gale signed up immediately.

Holmes could then take up #13 for me.

Top that off with Millington and Lynch at prop, with another barnstorming prop to come in (someone in the mould of Chris Hill) and mcshane in the middle of them and we have a mobile but large pack to take on the best in the league for the next few years.

As I said in an earlier post, we're only 2 world class signings away (on top of the current squad) of actually winning something.

This season, to me, feels like a gap season what with all the injuries and unrest, but it's actually likely we'll challenge the 4 now! I fully expect a win tonight as well.

Sigh....how amazing would it be to get Gale and Moors signed up now. Then wait for the 2 signings to be announced.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Best Backrow in the League

Post by old cas lass » 26 May 2016, 09:54

Thing is, what us the fans would like and what the club generally do are 2 different things.
I agree a first class established prop would enhance the team.
Also an established full back also would.
Where we would find them and can we afford them. Million dollar question.

I do think robson will be moulded into a full back when he recovers from injury.
I'm sure DP as his eyes on players that are out there lets hope he can bring a couple to the club.

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 26 May 2016, 09:57

Agree with all that,we also have some promising youth on the fringes like springer and minikin who are gunna be stars for us

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 May 2016, 12:38

Both Moors and Gale are signed up to the end of the 2017 season so no rush.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 26 May 2016, 12:50

Evatiger wrote:Agree with all that,we also have some promising youth on the fringes like springer and minikin who are gunna be stars for us
Springer has passed the 'promising youth' stage this season. He got his chance and, as with Mike Mcmeeken last year, he grabbed it with both hands. He would be in many people's 17 even if we had no injuries
cum on you Ford

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 26 May 2016, 13:04

Fumper27 wrote:Both Moors and Gale are signed up to the end of the 2017 season so no rush.
Disagree mate, I'd make it my very next job if I were Steve Gill
Audacter Et Sincere

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 26 May 2016, 13:52

Mysterio wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:Both Moors and Gale are signed up to the end of the 2017 season so no rush.
Disagree mate, I'd make it my very next job if I were Steve Gill
I agree. Moors especially has been amazing the last few weeks. He looks to be playing with that added confidence of having runners on the fringes.

Gale was off it for a while before he missed the Salford match but now he looks like a man on a mission. Both are integral parts and both should be cogs the team is built round. It would genuinely upset me if we let these two move on, I know players come and go but they are both key men.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 26 May 2016, 14:08

The way Moors is playing at the moment is superb. It is very rare that a player like that is unearthed at his age. The way he is swatting off top Sl players and then getting the offload will be desired by every other team in Sl.

I also think Mcmeeken with his height and strength is also playing superbly well. His height and ability to take the high ball is second to none, add in speed and he is the perfect second rower. I see no reason why Mcmeeken should not be an international at the current time - if he played for Wigan he would already have 3 or 4 caps.

I really see Holmes struggling to get a starting place at the moment. As another poster has stated he could rotate to 13. We really have a wealth of back rowers at the moment it is good to see.

Get these 2 signed up long term, they will only get better.

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 26 May 2016, 17:10

Aid wrote:
Evatiger wrote:Agree with all that,we also have some promising youth on the fringes like springer and minikin who are gunna be stars for us
Springer has passed the 'promising youth' stage this season. He got his chance and, as with Mike Mcmeeken last year, he grabbed it with both hands. He would be in many people's 17 even if we had no injuries
Disagree,when he's doing what he's doing now week in week out then yes,all signs are good though.lots of development in him yet