We're at that stage again...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: We're at that stage again...

Post by onetiger » 22 May 2016, 12:44

Evatiger wrote:I just do not get this big nasty prop theory everyone as!the modern day prop is so different to this nasty one that everyone asks for.gets on my nerves.todays props are mobile,make good metres have a good offload and link up some plays.a big nasty prop to me is someone who will be a penalty machine n spend 10mins in bin.if by nasty you mean physical then every forward in super league is physical.
spot on and well said- :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 May 2016, 16:15

onetiger wrote:
Evatiger wrote:I just do not get this big nasty prop theory everyone as!the modern day prop is so different to this nasty one that everyone asks for.gets on my nerves.todays props are mobile,make good metres have a good offload and link up some plays.a big nasty prop to me is someone who will be a penalty machine n spend 10mins in bin.if by nasty you mean physical then every forward in super league is physical.
spot on and well said- :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The prop who made most metres for us yesterday was penalty machine Bailey and he's a nasty prop but unfortunately he can only go that for us a couple of times a season!

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 22 May 2016, 17:50

Mysterio wrote:...like so many years before....

We're at the stage where 2 or 3 top class signings would make us a team genuinely capable of winning leagues and cups. Not a team capable of upsetting the best and sometimes towing with the rest.

Gale needs signing up. Now.
Moors does too.

High Quality fullback needs signing up.
High quality centre/winger needs signing up
High quality nasty prop capable of 13 needs signing up.

Or..l

We lose gale and moors,

We make risky,signings (DP CANT KEEP UMEARTHING STARS!? Surely?)

Thoughts?

Too many times I've seen a team like we have now (94, 99 for example) become disassembled and/or high quality additions made to the squad and we fall away again

The future is now!
I dont disagree with much of that but the problem is when have we as a club ever done what you ask. I cant remember when we ever replaced any of our big players like for like or even close. We never replaced Huby/Chase or Carney and we probably wont replace Dorn. I think DP can probably keep unearthing stars or at least improving players way above our or even their expectations but the problem will be what happens when he goes?

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 22 May 2016, 18:38

And he's going where? When? And why?

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 22 May 2016, 20:39

tigerforever wrote:
Mysterio wrote:...like so many years before....

We're at the stage where 2 or 3 top class signings would make us a team genuinely capable of winning leagues and cups. Not a team capable of upsetting the best and sometimes towing with the rest.

Gale needs signing up. Now.
Moors does too.

High Quality fullback needs signing up.
High quality centre/winger needs signing up
High quality nasty prop capable of 13 needs signing up.

Or..l

We lose gale and moors,

We make risky,signings (DP CANT KEEP UMEARTHING STARS!? Surely?)

Thoughts?

Too many times I've seen a team like we have now (94, 99 for example) become disassembled and/or high quality additions made to the squad and we fall away again

The future is now!
I dont disagree with much of that but the problem is when have we as a club ever done what you ask. I cant remember when we ever replaced any of our big players like for like or even close. We never replaced Huby/Chase or Carney and we probably wont replace Dorn. I think DP can probably keep unearthing stars or at least improving players way above our or even their expectations but the problem will be what happens when he goes?

when dp goes the man to step up will be danny orr but thats a long long way off

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 22 May 2016, 21:35

Keithy wrote:And he's going where? When? And why?
Well he's got 3 years left of a 5 year contract. After that somebody will come along with more money, a bigger budget for players, staff, facilities etc.

We can only rely on his loyalty and affinity for Cas for so long... personally I hope we have many successful years under Powell, but I do dread the day when a richer team comes along and takes him away.

It's our fate as a small town club.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2016, 21:53

But in 3 years time won't we be our new stadium with a much bigger income.
So more money to give to DP to spend on better players.
Well I keep getting told this.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 May 2016, 22:03

I've thought about this scenario regarding DP and the bigger clubs after his talents

I reckon Daryl wants to create a bit of a name for himself at Cas.
To be exact - He's on a mission to have our name on silverware.

Then I think he'll be knocking on the door of International coach or NRL like Malcolm

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 22 May 2016, 22:51

By 'nasty prop' I am looking for someone to run hard into the opposition line and hit them hard. To many props hit the line and go to ground very quickly. I want someone to smash their way through the line. Definitely not a penalty machine.

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 22 May 2016, 23:34

Andrew6666 wrote:
By 'nasty prop' I am looking for someone to run hard into the opposition line and hit them hard. To many props hit the line and go to ground very quickly. I want someone to smash their way through the line. Definitely not a penalty machine.
Like springer and millington?

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 22 May 2016, 23:45

Evatiger wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:
Like springer and millington?
Yes, not like Maher, Boyle, Massey.

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 23 May 2016, 08:56

So we have 2 you want 3?

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 23 May 2016, 11:48

Evatiger wrote:So we have 2 you want 3?
No, I want 4 props to do that. Lynch does it, Millington, Springer is really starting, Moors does it but I'm not sure where DP sees him playing. I want the interchanges to be seamless, prop that puts fear into the opposition goes off, prop that will smash their line comes on. I want no let up for the opposition at all. Greedy yes. I want the opposition to look at who's going off and then see who's coming on and think "oh s#@T no let up there".