Ben Roberts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Ben Roberts

Post by Frankas » 24 May 2016, 16:09

Evatiger wrote:Was against him getting a 3 year deal in 1st place,injured half of last season and now all of this.so now got probably are top earner watching in stand

We might has well get rid of Shenton, Mariano and Robson, seeing has they have also been injured all season, and throw, Holmes out as well, but wait a minute didn't they get injured whilst playing for Cas????????? :D

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 24 May 2016, 16:10

massey out as well

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 24 May 2016, 16:13

Frankas wrote:
Evatiger wrote:Was against him getting a 3 year deal in 1st place,injured half of last season and now all of this.so now got probably are top earner watching in stand

We might has well get rid of Shenton, Mariano and Robson, seeing has they have also been injured all season, and throw, Holmes out as well, but wait a minute didn't they get injured whilst playing for Cas????????? :D
we should never have kept Jake on ;)

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 May 2016, 16:14

speedy wrote:massey out as well
I think maybe on thursday nite a few more might appreciate the amount of work nathan gets through. Sometimes you get more recognition when you are not there than when you are.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 24 May 2016, 16:16

Sharlotiger wrote:
I think maybe on thursday nite a few more might appreciate the amount of work nathan gets through. Sometimes you get more recognition when you are not there than when you are.
Look at masseys stats. I posted them on the thread about ryan boyle leaving. Hes far from a work horse

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2016, 16:54

Roberts as ruptured his tendons that attach Some of the bone to his foot.
That's according to DP.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2016, 16:56

Massey took a head knock, as to have the obligatory week off.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 24 May 2016, 16:59

old cas lass wrote:Roberts as ruptured his tendons that attach Some of the bone to his foot.
That's according to DP.
so has that been the problem all along?

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 24 May 2016, 17:06

old cas lass wrote:Roberts as ruptured his tendons that attach Some of the bone to his foot.
That's according to DP.
Bad news for Benny and for Cas, he's been great when he's been able to play this season and complimented Luke Gale perfectly with his style of play, I'm sure he will repay the club with more great performances in the future.
Danny Boy

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2016, 17:07

yorky wrote:
That's according to DP.
so has that been the problem all along?
I would think so.

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 24 May 2016, 18:33

Frankas wrote:

Shenton has put in solid full seasons with the club at some point.mariano yes your right should be got rid of if he can't get himself on the park,Robson totally different is a up and coming youngster n will be on pennies compared to Roberts,Ollie Holmes another who as had good solid full seasons with the club where as roberts hasn't.weve made a player a top earner at the club when they haven't proven themselves in my opinion.and before you play the downer against the club card,I'm loving what the club are doing at the minute really exciting times and it's exciting to see the direction we're going.just this 1 instance I don't agree with him getting a 3 year deal don't get how he's earned it

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 24 May 2016, 18:39

That's according to DP.
That is almost as bad as rupturing the Achilles, I did that in years ago takes some healing, but a good physio will make recovery a lot quicker, they just used to put a full pot on in days gone by, but thankfully clubs medical teams are more aware than when me and others got a bad un' in the good old days, and we had to miss work too.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 May 2016, 11:28

Evatiger wrote:
Frankas wrote:

Shenton has put in solid full seasons with the club at some point.mariano yes your right should be got rid of if he can't get himself on the park,Robson totally different is a up and coming youngster n will be on pennies compared to Roberts,Ollie Holmes another who as had good solid full seasons with the club where as roberts hasn't.weve made a player a top earner at the club when they haven't proven themselves in my opinion.and before you play the downer against the club card,I'm loving what the club are doing at the minute really exciting times and it's exciting to see the direction we're going.just this 1 instance I don't agree with him getting a 3 year deal don't get how he's earned it
He probably got a 3 yr deal because teams like Hull KR or Wakey, Salford, etc, we're all offering a bit more money but on a 2 year deal.

We've done what we had to do to get it over the line. And he's worth it
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 May 2016, 21:04

if this injury had been diagnosed earlier he may have been on the road to recovery he as been off 8 weeks now some one as diagnosed the cause of the pain he as been having, playing last week will have done the injury no good, get well soon Ben it will be nice to see him fit and well for next season

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 25 May 2016, 21:39

gateman wrote:if this injury had been diagnosed earlier he may have been on the road to recovery he as been off 8 weeks now some one as diagnosed the cause of the pain he as been having, playing last week will have done the injury no good, get well soon Ben it will be nice to see him fit and well for next season
I agree - you do have to wonder why this was not diagnosed earlier.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 25 May 2016, 21:52

tigerforever wrote:
gateman wrote:if this injury had been diagnosed earlier he may have been on the road to recovery he as been off 8 weeks now some one as diagnosed the cause of the pain he as been having, playing last week will have done the injury no good, get well soon Ben it will be nice to see him fit and well for next season
I agree - you do have to wonder why this was not diagnosed earlier.
probably because injuries like this can often heel themselves with rest, which is the route many doctors prefer to take. However it has become apparent that this isn't healing / improving on its own so surgery is the next step. I have had a couple of similar injuries and on both occasions the doctors have said I would have been better off with a broken bone as they are easier to repair and repair normally within a given time

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 26 May 2016, 09:21

If we're honest, this sounds like it could be career threatening...having your bones and tendons apart doesn't bode well now does it! I bet he won't be ready even trying until this time next year. He'll possibly miss the first month of the new season!
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 May 2016, 09:56

It certainly sounds a bad one.
Anyone heard how the op went and if it was successful.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 26 May 2016, 10:19

He Tweeted that op went well