Paddy Flynn

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Paddy Flynn

Post by laner » 13 Jun 2016, 09:44

Stability within the the club would or should be formost in D Powell's thinking after the loss of one good winger cannot see him or the club wanting to part with Solomona would hope that retaining and team strengthening were the priority if different thinking is going on what a 2017 season ticket killer that would be

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 Jun 2016, 10:16

Not impossible IMO. I doubt we are going to increase salary spending by much. We have:

Improved Gales contract significantly
May want to improve Springers and Moors contracts
Allegedly signing NRL forward
Signed Patrick
Allegedly signed Eden on good money.

Jewitt, Boyle and Dorn are the 3 going off contract. Contributions to Hampshire wage will stop. Patrick will be on more than Jewitt. Gales increase in contract will be more than Boyles wage. I suspect the alleged contract for Eden won't be less than Dorn.

At the moment I'd guess or salary spending for next year is at a slightly level to this year's (part season payments to Flynn and Tickle will cease next year if not signed).

The money for the NRL forward will have to come from somewhere and that could be Solomona fee (and by paying Flynn less than Solomona is on).

Hopefully above is not the case and if Solomona does want to go to Wigan we will use money to fetch make improved offer to Mead. I could leave with Solomona going for a backline of:

Mead
Flynn Eden

Wouldn't be happy ending up with

Eden
Flynn Monaghan

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Jun 2016, 10:40

zart wrote:According to Nosey who says"take it as read" he's signed a two year deal most likely to replace Solomona who's wanted by Wigan. He also says Cas missed out on Lee Gaskill who signed for Giants.
He can be wanted all he likes but unless they pay a massive fee he aint going anywhere.

Cas would be stupid to let him go for anything less than 300k and then we shouldn't have to sell him anyway

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 13 Jun 2016, 11:14

I honestly think Cas would turn down any bid for solamona as were in a better financial position than previous seasons.the only stumbling block would be if Denny does actually want to leave,what his career ambitions are and can he fulfill those ambitions with Cas.

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 13 Jun 2016, 11:18

We all know Nosey is a bit hit and more miss and he just seems to be rehashing his own rumour about Solomona, but I would hope that he would want to see out contact at least. but I'd want Cas to ask a large fee rather than if a player want's to leave we'll release them from their contract.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 13 Jun 2016, 12:54

Knowing Cas, they will give Solomona away to Wigan free of charge, like they did with Carney.

300K minimum IF we sell him, same as what we should have got for Carney.

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 13 Jun 2016, 13:08

stuey wrote:Knowing Cas, they will give Solomona away to Wigan free of charge, like they did with Carney.

300K minimum IF we sell him, same as what we should have got for Carney.
Think Denny is a lot better winger than carney.age on his side,faster,better finisher less mistakes.should be around 500k plus for me

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 13 Jun 2016, 13:12

i wouldnt let him go anywhere he has signed for us a couple more years. look at all the rubish about gale going to another club...............

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 13 Jun 2016, 13:50

Going nowhere ..... poor journalist, stirring it up ...chill & relax DP is building one hell of a team and the stadium is on the way - no longer a last option for players and we are starting to be able to compete for silverware so no different than the other top clubs......so why leave.....

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 13 Jun 2016, 14:03

Let's face it this is the same nosey Parker who predicted gale to rhinos gale to hull KR Roberts to Leeds wigan and saints.

A lazy journalist who gets his info from forums like this.

Let's face it if he reads this forum this week next week he will be reporting that we are set to sign Gallen.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Jun 2016, 14:11

viva brad wrote:Let's face it this is the same nosey Parker who predicted gale to rhinos gale to hull KR Roberts to Leeds wigan and saints.

A lazy journalist who gets his info from forums like this.

Let's face it if he reads this forum this week next week he will be reporting that we are set to sign Gallen.
Correct. I've thought a few times about making something up to start a thread on here with for a laugh to see if Nosey Parker reports it the week after.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Jun 2016, 15:32

in the league express paddy says he would like to stay at cas. don't think he would be saying that if he'd already got a contract.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 13 Jun 2016, 15:42

I hope we don't sign him permanently he is championship level at best.is hitchcox injured? Not heard any updates on him in a while and although he too makes a few unforced errors I rate him much higher than Flynn

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Jun 2016, 15:49

Juscas wrote:I hope we don't sign him permanently he is championship level at best.is hitchcox injured? Not heard any updates on him in a while and although he too makes a few unforced errors I rate him much higher than Flynn
Is Hitchcox still recovering from his hand injury that he was playing with?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Jun 2016, 15:49

Juscas wrote:I hope we don't sign him permanently he is championship level at best.is hitchcox injured? Not heard any updates on him in a while and although he too makes a few unforced errors I rate him much higher than Flynn
Think hitchcox had 2/3 dislocated fingers.
Would imagine that should be healed up by now so not sure if he's out of favour or just not getting picked.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 13 Jun 2016, 16:07

derbystiger wrote:
Is Hitchcox still recovering from his hand injury that he was playing with?
Not sure it's wierd how we played him when injured but the not heard anything of him since flynns arrival
So he is either injured still or out of favour which considering Flynn has been average at the very best seems harsh

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 13 Jun 2016, 21:07

when he was in the squad weeks ago hitchcox had no splints on his hand so they should have healed nicely by now. hitchcox should be given another chance on wing

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Jun 2016, 22:50

think powell said at the time that the fingers were so badly dislocated there was a lot of tendon damage and it would take longer to heal than a break.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Jun 2016, 10:08

"@Jybess good to be back running on the training pitch today onwards and upwards #blowing"

That answers that then
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Jun 2016, 14:43

said in express jy had a similar knee problem to ollie but had started running.