Daryl Powell on Carney

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Daryl Powell on Carney

Post by casyorkie » 27 Apr 2016, 07:46

the machine wrote:
1935 year of the tiger wrote:I don't think that it's a coincidence that during the last week we have signed two forwards on loan, I suspect that Salford are now paying Carney's wage in full, freeing cash up for the two loanees. Hopefully there will something left over for an outside back, as we definitely need strengthening in this area as well.

In view of the nature of Carney's departure, the club have had to make the best of a bad situation and if the move to Salford was seen by the club as the best (and perhaps only viable) way forward, then we should all support their decision, as we all have the clubs interests at heart.
They were paying his wage in full all along anyway

And powell has said in the past we dont spend fully up to the cap in case we need ti bring one or two in during the season
That's the part I don't understand it has already been said Salford were paying his full wages so why agree to release him.

Powell can state that as far as he knew no other club was interested in Carney but unfortunalty these days that can also mean don't talk to me about any Carney offers I just want him out let the CEO deal with it.

If Carney wanted releasing from his contract either make him pay it up or part pay off his contract or get something of Salford I find it very hard to believe that Wigan were not interested in Carney.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Apr 2016, 07:54

Very interesting but I believe Powell is a man of integrity and meant exactly what he said

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Apr 2016, 12:45

mystery wrote:Unbelievable what I am reading on here, it was Darryl's decision Carney didn't play at Cas again, he is man enough to admit it, and doesn't have to stand behind the CEO while he reads the statement, people are trying to find faults when they are not there,should all be concentrating on next weekends game and the challenge cup,instead of trying to find fault with people trying to do their best for Cas.
Totally agree.

Whilst I will always believe there was an alternative I respect DP for giving his reasons and it's a shame it's not done by more people, more often.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 08 May 2016, 13:23

Seems like it wasnt just salford who were interested in carney

http://www.totalrl.com/carney-salford-no-brainer/

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 May 2016, 15:00

Yes but it's also clear that there was 'interest' which he was aware of but nothing formal. Shaun Wane said so at the time but if there was no approach as this suggests is the case,it means nothing

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 May 2016, 17:23

Id leave it now ..every cas player shacked his hand at the end he went up to massey and touched his hand when he was down time to move on i think
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 08 May 2016, 18:00

Carney also went up to powell to shake his hand at the end of the game and powell ignored him and went to webster instead :D

tigersfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigersfan » 09 May 2016, 11:19

he also gave Massey a hug at the very end as well as carrying jewitts kids around the field, still a top bloke in my eyes, one silly decision doesn't defy a man. good luck to him in the future and let the past be the past,

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 09 May 2016, 13:05

tigersfan wrote:he also gave Massey a hug at the very end as well as carrying jewitts kids around the field, still a top bloke in my eyes, one silly decision doesn't defy a man. good luck to him in the future and let the past be the past,
Always was a good bloke (bar the one indiscretion) but it's time we move on. Good luck to him

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 May 2016, 13:24

johnson wrote:Carney also went up to powell to shake his hand at the end of the game and powell ignored him and went to webster instead :D
If true, that's a disappointing response from someone I have a lot of respect for.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 May 2016, 13:24

Andrew6666 wrote:
tigersfan wrote:he also gave Massey a hug at the very end as well as carrying jewitts kids around the field, still a top bloke in my eyes, one silly decision doesn't defy a man. good luck to him in the future and let the past be the past,
Always was a good bloke (bar the one indiscretion) but it's time we move on. Good luck to him

It's not one indiscretion, it was obviously an ongoing thing.

DP did exactly the right thing not shaking his hand.

Justin Carney could have had almost any woman walking along the towns and cities circling the m62 corridor and most other places too, and he chose a team mates partner and mother of his children. No doubt he criticised him behind his 'mates' back to his wife and he totally and utterly took the urine out of everyone.

It's disgusting and if I was Massey and he hugged me I would have head butted him. Sad but true.

Agree though, move on, but posts like this annoy me. Nothing personal.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 May 2016, 13:25

Flat Capper wrote:
johnson wrote:Carney also went up to powell to shake his hand at the end of the game and powell ignored him and went to webster instead :D
If true, that's a disappointing response from someone I have a lot of respect for.
Are you having a laugh? You'd shake hands with someone who did that to one of your best mates?
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 May 2016, 13:26

Flat Capper wrote:
Are you having a laugh? You'd shake hands with someone who did that to one of your best mates?
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 May 2016, 13:30

I find it even more interesting that you have no issue with affairs, just so long as those involved don't really know each other. How hypercritical is that? Not being personal like...

Affairs happen, often between people in the same work environment, and the issue id for those involved to resolve. As a professional sports coach I would expect hands to be shaken, even if with clenched teeth.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 May 2016, 13:59

I think some people fail to realise that the issue goes beyond the individuals involved.
As a club, we (led by Powell) have built a culture of honesty, respect and teamwork. Carney's decision to conduct a devious, immoral affair with a team-mate's partner completely undermined the principles of the club and as such his 'offence' wasn't just against Massey but the club as a whole.
It was an insult to his fellow players, the management of the club and the supporters who pay his wages. If Daryl Powell doesn't want to shake his hand, I think he has the moral justification not to.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 May 2016, 15:22

Its up to powell if he dosnt want to shake his hand everybody has a different take on matters like this equally i would applaud massey if he found it in himself to shake his hand to keep hatred inside yourself towards somebody tends to be self destructive in the end
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 May 2016, 21:51

i suspect that powell would know that refusing to shake carney's hand would probably hurt him more than anything else has.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 May 2016, 12:41

nottinghamtiger wrote:I think some people fail to realise that the issue goes beyond the individuals involved.
As a club, we (led by Powell) have built a culture of honesty, respect and teamwork. Carney's decision to conduct a devious, immoral affair with a team-mate's partner completely undermined the principles of the club and as such his 'offence' wasn't just against Massey but the club as a whole.
It was an insult to his fellow players, the management of the club and the supporters who pay his wages. If Daryl Powell doesn't want to shake his hand, I think he has the moral justification not to.
And because of that culture, Carney has been shown the door to plough his trade elsewhere but the issue of respect shouldn't be overlooked because of that. As an opposing sportsman he should be acknowledged in a respectful manner otherwise the game would descend into a complete lack of respect.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 May 2016, 14:40

while leigh are insisting that rangi is still contracted to them, betway have him at 6/4 to return to the nrl and 6/1 to come back to cas.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 May 2016, 18:56

Flat Capper wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:I think some people fail to realise that the issue goes beyond the individuals involved.
And because of that culture, Carney has been shown the door to plough his trade elsewhere but the issue of respect shouldn't be overlooked because of that. As an opposing sportsman he should be acknowledged in a respectful manner otherwise the game would descend into a complete lack of respect.
Rubbish.

Carney deserves no respect. None.

Wayne Bridge did absolutely right not shaking John Terry's hand - in fact I'd have head butted that twonk as well (and destroyed the sport and got a lifeban)

There's no brushing it under the carpet. What Carney did was unforgivable and to shake the hand of someone who has been using the same hand to interfere with his missus is ludicrous, come on FC, if it was you in that position you'd have bitten his face off...
Audacter Et Sincere