Tickle signed till end of season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Re: Tickle signed till end of season

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 28 Apr 2016, 15:49

Cockayne was released by Hull KR for something as he went to Fev first before Wakey.
I'm sure it was a racial tweet or something.

Probably be able to find out via Google.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 28 Apr 2016, 16:18

Cridling Stubbs wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:It was always said at the time, that Westerman was sold to pay for the planning permission etc. for the new stadium opposite Xscape, when the Supermarket scheme was going to pay for the build, it proved to be 150k wasted, but I guess at the time, it looked like a good investment.

I think Chase was sold to keep the wolves at bay, although there were numerous disciplinary issues with him, as we know. Clarke was also sold to keep the wolves at bay, but of course, there were no such issues with him and I believe that the club tried to keep him, I think the deal was done when Ferres was in charge and when Steve Gill took charge, he did his best to keep him.

COYF!!!
Actually there were no disciplinary issues whatsoever with RC while DP was here, and as far as I am aware had been none, or any of note, since his suspension along with Westerman, which was over a year before he left. You are right he was sold purely to keep the wolves at bay. Normally it is wrong to talk about players contracts but I pretty much know what Rangi was on and with his appearance money thrown in lets just say it was an absolutely colossal amount for us, and eventually the club suddenly realised it was a huge burden they could no longer afford. They got him off the payroll and received a six figure fee as well, and that has now turned out to be a salvation for us.

Apart from that one of the aspects of all great or talented RL players, nay sportsmen at large is quirky, temperamental natures. It comes with the territory, but as long as they produce and deliver their talent, they are usually tolerated., provided they are affordable. Brough being one typical modern example and Hanley being a past one. Unfortunately for RC he was no longer anywhere affordable for our club. Equally unfortunately for him, his career has gone backwards since.
The issues with RC were that he thought he was above the law (or should I say the rules the coach set), as he wanted to be treated as a special case and would regularly turn up late for training and flaunt other club rules and as far as I'm aware, this was also the case when DP was in charge.
His move to Salford definitely suited us financially as you say, but maybe more importantly, it kept the camp happy, with team spirit suffering as RC was effectively sticking two fingers up at those in charge (whoever it was at the time, either DP or Basil). I believe that Rangi started doing the same at Salford, which is another reason why he was surplus to requirements there, in spite of his undoubted talent.
Danny Boy

Cridling Stubbs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cridling Stubbs » 28 Apr 2016, 22:48

Danny Boy wrote:
Cridling Stubbs wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:It was always said at the time, that Westerman was sold to pay for the planning permission etc. for the new stadium opposite Xscape, when the Supermarket scheme was going to pay for the build, it proved to be 150k wasted, but I guess at the time, it looked like a good investment.

I think Chase was sold to keep the wolves at bay, although there were numerous disciplinary issues with him, as we know. Clarke was also sold to keep the wolves at bay, but of course, there were no such issues with him and I believe that the club tried to keep him, I think the deal was done when Ferres was in charge and when Steve Gill took charge, he did his best to keep him.

COYF!!!
Actually there were no disciplinary issues whatsoever with RC while DP was here, and as far as I am aware had been none, or any of note, since his suspension along with Westerman, which was over a year before he left. You are right he was sold purely to keep the wolves at bay. Normally it is wrong to talk about players contracts but I pretty much know what Rangi was on and with his appearance money thrown in lets just say it was an absolutely colossal amount for us, and eventually the club suddenly realised it was a huge burden they could no longer afford. They got him off the payroll and received a six figure fee as well, and that has now turned out to be a salvation for us.

Apart from that one of the aspects of all great or talented RL players, nay sportsmen at large is quirky, temperamental natures. It comes with the territory, but as long as they produce and deliver their talent, they are usually tolerated., provided they are affordable. Brough being one typical modern example and Hanley being a past one. Unfortunately for RC he was no longer anywhere affordable for our club. Equally unfortunately for him, his career has gone backwards since.
The issues with RC were that he thought he was above the law (or should I say the rules the coach set), as he wanted to be treated as a special case and would regularly turn up late for training and flaunt other club rules and as far as I'm aware, this was also the case when DP was in charge.
His move to Salford definitely suited us financially as you say, but maybe more importantly, it kept the camp happy, with team spirit suffering as RC was effectively sticking two fingers up at those in charge (whoever it was at the time, either DP or Basil). I believe that Rangi started doing the same at Salford, which is another reason why he was surplus to requirements there, in spite of his undoubted talent.
He may have turned up late for training etc between his suspension with Westerman to DP arriving as I do not know the full facts then Danny Boy, but DP himself categorically stated he had no problems at all with him whatsoever from a disciplinary viewpoint or any other viewpoint for that matter. Plus DP has a strict disciplinary code with punishments for any offenders, and you would have known about it had RC trangressed. He was never fined whilst DP was there and never missed any games apart from injury. Also Basil had strong fines for turning up late etc, so if he had been a serial offender in that regard he would have made a big indentation in his salary. I accept RC was and is no saint but because of his manner in leaving our club, he suddenly became far worse than he actually was in some fans eyes, with certain stories told about him that simply were not true. Anyhow it's all irrelevant because he has now gone never to return. From a financial point of view his move was great for our club, but from his own point of view, leaving us was the worst thing he has ever done, and one that he bitterly regrets.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Apr 2016, 12:47

I have listened to D P on twitter he gives the reasons why we have sighed Danny Tickle plus the reasons Carney had to go, he satisfied me listen and make your own minds up

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 29 Apr 2016, 13:48

Most importantly I would like to extend a warm Cas Tigers welcome to Danny Tickle, hopefully Daryl can get the best out of him and get him to perform as he has done on many occasions against us for a variety of clubs in the past.
COYF!!!
Danny Boy