What the.....?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: What the.....?

Post by Aid » 27 Apr 2016, 13:11

duke street 10 wrote:All our options at full back so far have drawbacks...Denny doesn't seem bothered or doesn't work hard enough there,Hitchcox isn't great under the high ball....and other sides know it and would bomb him to death. Dorn & Robson injured....it ironic we let two players go last year would could have done a sound job (certainly couldn't do much worse) in Clare & Tansey.

Maybe Crooks might be worth a punt there...got the height,defence has improved a fair bit and can go looking to join the line of attack as opposed to waiting for the ball to go right....which as we all now know isn't very often :oops:
Hitchcox is fine under the high ball AT fullback - where he gets caught out is as a winger dealing with a cross field ball where he is competing with a taller opponent.
Answer, play him at fullback with the try machine back on the wing
cum on you Ford

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 28 Apr 2016, 09:25

Are there no taller players in the middle of the field then??????????

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 28 Apr 2016, 10:43

Everybody in the comp is capable of putting another team through the cleaners on their day. Cas I'm sure, when players are back in their correct positions ala solomona will give some of the big boys a clobbering this season, for that I'm sure

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Apr 2016, 11:33

Dazzyb wrote:Everybody in the comp is capable of putting another team through the cleaners on their day.
very true.

The proof will be in the Saints pudding. If we can keep them to no more than 3 tries, I'd see that as an indication that the Hull K.r game was (another) blip
Audacter Et Sincere

Cridling Stubbs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cridling Stubbs » 28 Apr 2016, 14:04

Aid wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:All our options at full back so far have drawbacks...Denny doesn't seem bothered or doesn't work hard enough there,Hitchcox isn't great under the high ball....and other sides know it and would bomb him to death. Dorn & Robson injured....it ironic we let two players go last year would could have done a sound job (certainly couldn't do much worse) in Clare & Tansey.

Maybe Crooks might be worth a punt there...got the height,defence has improved a fair bit and can go looking to join the line of attack as opposed to waiting for the ball to go right....which as we all now know isn't very often :oops:
Hitchcox is fine under the high ball AT fullback - where he gets caught out is as a winger dealing with a cross field ball where he is competing with a taller opponent.
Answer, play him at fullback with the try machine back on the wing
Aid, not disputing what you are saying, but I would be interested to know how you know Hitchcox is fine under the high ball at full back, seeing as he has not really played there, apart from a brief and unsuccesful spell at Warrington. I did not go to that game but the team sheet and match highlights showed categorically that he started that game at full back, but was swapped with Solomona to the wing in lightning quick time. Those that I know that did go, told me he did not cover himself in glory when starting at full back and was soon moved to the wing. As far as I am aware that is the only time he has played there, correct me if I am wrong, so I do not really know how you can say he is fine under the ball there.