Jay Hitchcock

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jay Hitchcock

Post by Jonny1975 » 17 Nov 2015, 21:06

I'm not writing us off based on our recruitment, I'm writing us off based on the clubs around us recruitment. Have a look a their additions to their squads and compare them with ours and tell me you don't feel a little short changed.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Nov 2015, 21:16

Jonny1975 wrote:I'm not writing us off based on our recruitment, I'm writing us off based on the clubs around us recruitment. Have a look a their additions to their squads and compare them with ours and tell me you don't feel a little short changed.
I do think other clubs have strengthened better than us.
That don't always work though, example Salford last year.
I will reserve my judgement when I watch 1/2 friendlies, and the the first 4/5 SL games.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 17 Nov 2015, 21:20

Jonny1975 wrote:I'm not writing us off based on our recruitment, I'm writing us off based on the clubs around us recruitment. Have a look a their additions to their squads and compare them with ours and tell me you don't feel a little short changed.
I dont

Wigan - hardly any recruitment after sams returns,willie isa huge signing lol

Saints - fages a decent signing and peyroux could go well

Leeds- galloway and balloon(whatever his name is) not exactly marquee considering who theyve lost

Hudds- hinchcliffe,not exactly james roby his he

Wire-gidley(experienced) sandow(didnt rip any trees up last season when he came over) lineham and westerman,will probably go well

Hull fc-pritchard,sika manu,fonua,tuimavave,taylor, best recruitment in the league this year shame they have an horrendous coach

Catalan- dave taylor,glen stewart,pat richards,jodie broughton,paul aition,some good signings but unless they sort their away form out they will be a non factor like every year

Salford-carney,vidot,kopczak,lui,o'brien,couple of good signings but with the circus that is salford they wont do nowt

Widnes,kr and wakey wont be a threat

From all that i really dont see an issue to panic
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 17 Nov 2015, 21:32

the machine wrote:
I dont

Wigan - hardly any recruitment after sams returns,willie isa huge signing lol

Saints - fages a decent signing and peyroux could go well

Leeds- galloway and balloon(whatever his name is) not exactly marquee considering who theyve lost

Hudds- hinchcliffe,not exactly james roby his he

Wire-gidley(experienced) sandow(didnt rip any trees up last season when he came over) lineham and westerman,will probably go well

Hull fc-pritchard,sika manu,fonua,tuimavave,taylor, best recruitment in the league this year shame they have an horrendous coach

Catalan- dave taylor,glen stewart,pat richards,jodie broughton,paul aition,some good signings but unless they sort their away form out they will be a non factor like every year

Salford-carney,vidot,kopczak,lui,o'brien,couple of good signings but with the circus that is salford they wont do nowt

Widnes,kr and wakey wont be a threat

From all that i really dont see an issue to panic
spot on, what we have done is keep the nuclease of last years successful team & improve the fringe players immensely with the prospects of unearthing some top talent

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 17 Nov 2015, 22:40

Cas fans seem to be obsessed with wholesale changes which is not the way the top teams work. Wigan, Saints and Leeds are all built on excellent youth policies and we are catching up fast in that department. Don't underestimate the quality of Robson, Westerman and Tom Holmes who will all play major roles this season when called upon. The latter being the most exciting half back we have produced in years. The strength in depth has to come from the youth rather than squad players who are called that usually because they are just not good enough. For instance Wigan don't have a Tansey, they have Tierney to come in. Leeds don't have a Ash Gibson they have Ash Handley.

I am more than happy with our recruitment and believe we will have the fastest most exciting team we have had in years. Not normally one to make rash predictions but I believe we will be top five at worst and Mike Mcmeeken will be playing for England in next years four nations!

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 17 Nov 2015, 22:48

daytona wrote:Cas fans seem to be obsessed with wholesale changes which is not the way the top teams work. Wigan, Saints and Leeds are all built on excellent youth policies and we are catching up fast in that department. Don't underestimate the quality of Robson, Westerman and Tom Holmes who will all play major roles this season when called upon. The latter being the most exciting half back we have produced in years. The strength in depth has to come from the youth rather than squad players who are called that usually because they are just not good enough. For instance Wigan don't have a Tansey, they have Tierney to come in. Leeds don't have a Ash Gibson they have Ash Handley.

I am more than happy with our recruitment and believe we will have the fastest most exciting team we have had in years. Not normally one to make rash predictions but I believe we will be top five at worst and Mike Mcmeeken will be playing for England in next years four nations!
And Benny Roberts will be Man of Steel

Mark my words and lump on early doors while you can

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 17 Nov 2015, 23:29

daytona wrote:Cas fans seem to be obsessed with wholesale changes which is not the way the top teams work. Wigan, Saints and Leeds are all built on excellent youth policies and we are catching up fast in that department. Don't underestimate the quality of Robson, Westerman and Tom Holmes who will all play major roles this season when called upon. The latter being the most exciting half back we have produced in years. The strength in depth has to come from the youth rather than squad players who are called that usually because they are just not good enough. For instance Wigan don't have a Tansey, they have Tierney to come in. Leeds don't have a Ash Gibson they have Ash Handley.

I don't think we are obsessed with wholesale changes every year, we look for improvement year on year, this year in particular we haven't done that, we always look out for that 1 signing that makes us sit up and go "wow" but it rarely happens, these things put bums on seats and sell season tickets, I'm afraid I have to have a foot in the pessimistic camp regarding our recruitment this year, I hope I am wrong.

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Nov 2015, 23:33

I concur.

Usually you always look for a strong top 25 players and then a few potential risks outside those. In the top 25 this year we have Maher who is still learning, Minikin who is unproven, Hitchcox who is unproven, Springer who is still learning and people like Boyle who has a lot to prove. Then the likes of Webster and Mariano whose fitness is inconsistent.

Add on to that Lynch is one year older and you can't keep pummelling him for 80 min and I have some concerns about depth. I agree with who we have let go but still believe we are one or two decent bodies short in truth.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 18 Nov 2015, 00:08

I love the panic,

Of the signings, Gibson has been replaced by Hitchcox, Channing by Minikin - We can't fare too badly there.

McShane when fully fit is better than Scott Moore, and Milner had a superb year last year.

We have 2 quality halves, settled who know how the team play,

Yes, we've lost Carney, but when fit Solomona was as prolific, he switches to the left, Monaghan one of the most reliable wingers in SL in recent years comes in

Add Jewitt and Mariano to our forward pack will be like new signings.

I'm very confident for next season.

Liam Finn only played last year as Roberts took forever to settle in the halves, he was truly awful, despite his drop goals.

I guarantee we will be closer to 1st place than last, and have a feeling we may head into the super 8's almost top of the pile.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 18 Nov 2015, 00:09

Welcome to the club Jy, which may seem strange after what I put in earlier posts, something which I now regret. I was talking partly through beer very late at night and early morning, but far more from my pocket then anything else. I shouldn't have put what I put and broke a golden rule of mine, not to pan or slate players unnecessarily on here, or in this case, more like write a bloke off before he's even started, particularly as I really haven't seen enough of him to do that even if I wanted to. Feel a bit bad about it.

The thing is, I have really liked the clubs dealings, incomings and outgoings over the last few months, bringing in a mixture of some youthful raw potential, another couple that should go well, and experience in the form of Joel Monaghan. I just felt we needed another couple of proven quality signings and we were going places. I had been given 5 names, all who definitely came into that bracket and ''whet my appetite'' from someone who I was certain was in the know, who added that we were definitely going to sign two of them with a slight possibility of a third. Trying to be a bit clever by half, I then put a really big bet on us coming in the top 4 before the bookies found out and lowered the price. So I felt somewhat disillusioned when the next signing wasn't one of them and put what I put, which I now regret, as I was writing a bloke off before he'd even got chance. It's my own fault for listening to another and being greedy.

I can honestly say now, and I mean this in all sincerity, that the one player I will be willing to do well next season more than any other is Jy. I hope he proves to be outstanding.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Simon1967
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Simon1967 » 18 Nov 2015, 00:28

dettoriman wrote:I love the panic,

Of the signings, Gibson has been replaced by Hitchcox, Channing by Minikin - We can't fare too badly there.

McShane when fully fit is better than Scott Moore, and Milner had a superb year last year.

Yes, we've lost Carney, but when fit Solomona was as prolific, he switches to the left, Monaghan one of the most reliable wingers in SL in recent years comes in

Love it!

Liam Finn only played last year as Roberts took forever to settle in the halves, he was truly awful, despite his drop goals.

I guarantee we will be closer to 1st place than last, and have a feeling we may head into the super 8's almost top of the pile.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Nov 2015, 09:00

dettoriman wrote:I love the panic,

spot on :clap:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Nov 2015, 11:17

Jonny1975 wrote:How is it an over reaction, look at what other clubs have recruited, top class Origin players, proven top class international & NRL players, and what have we recruited, a player from York, a player Fev released, a loan deal for unproven player, an ageing winger who was also released by club, & a player who couldn't even make the grade in Oz, after the club over here agreed to his release. And on top of that we've let our try machine go to a rival club who could well be battling out that 8th spot with us. Sorry for having eyes in my head and an opinion on terrible close season recruitment! !
Neither could Sam Tomkins but Wigan have had him back :lol: :lol: :lol:

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Nov 2015, 12:07

derbystiger wrote:
Jonny1975 wrote:How is it an over reaction, look at what other clubs have recruited, top class Origin players, proven top class international & NRL players, and what have we recruited, a player from York, a player Fev released, a loan deal for unproven player, an ageing winger who was also released by club, & a player who couldn't even make the grade in Oz, after the club over here agreed to his release. And on top of that we've let our try machine go to a rival club who could well be battling out that 8th spot with us. Sorry for having eyes in my head and an opinion on terrible close season recruitment! !
Neither could Sam Tomkins but Wigan have had him back :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember us getting an unknown player from York called St John Ellis :roll:

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 18 Nov 2015, 12:31

I remember lots of coincidences over player signings for many seasons now like the ones that should have been made but were not as i said in an earlier post the squad just lacks that bit extra in the front row

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 18 Nov 2015, 12:35

At the end of the 2014 season we lost Man of Steel, Clark (30 games) Huby (29) Huaraki (30) Snyd (31) and Ellis (21) and replaced them with players from relegated Bulls and London and a couple of imports. Didn't do that badly did they?

This year we have lost ONE player who would get in the first 17, Carney.
cum on you Ford

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Nov 2015, 13:09

Aid wrote:
At the end of the 2014 season we lost Man of Steel, Clark (30 games) Huby (29) Huaraki (30) Snyd (31) and Ellis (21) and replaced them with players from relegated Bulls and London and a couple of imports. Didn't do that badly did they?

True Aid we did OK, but are we always going to be happy to be also rans or should we be trying to become stronger and use the full cap to bring in a couple of genuine class players rather than taking a punt and becoming genuine contenders.
The sides below us have recruited well where we at best are standing still .

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Nov 2015, 13:45

Aid wrote:

In 2014 we finished 4th n got to Wembley
In 2015 we didn't recruit well n dropped to 5th without a cup run therefore going backwards
In 2016 we haven't recuited well imo n teams that finished below us have (Hull fc, Catalans, Wire n Salford) so either dp is not getting the backing from the club to sign the players needed to ggo forward or dp truly like to challenge himself.

For what its worth i think we will make the top 8 but cant see us bettering either of the last to season, thats just my opinion sorry if its different to anyone elses.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 18 Nov 2015, 13:52

jackknife wrote:
Aid wrote:

In 2014 we finished 4th n got to Wembley
In 2015 we didn't recruit well n dropped to 5th without a cup run therefore going backwards
In 2016 we haven't recuited well imo n teams that finished below us have (Hull fc, Catalans, Wire n Salford) so either dp is not getting the backing from the club to sign the players needed to ggo forward or dp truly like to challenge himself.

For what its worth i think we will make the top 8 but cant see us bettering either of the last to season, thats just my opinion sorry if its different to anyone elses.
We dropped to 5th, Having thrown the first 2 points of the season away, getting robbed in Catalans and maybe at home against Huddersfield.

I think last year we let ourselves down, and with all that kicked off at the back end, and some serious long term absentees with Mariano and jewitt who we really could've done with when the going got tough.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Nov 2015, 13:56

Could of said that about the season before were 1more win would of got us the leaders shield
CLASSY CAS FOREVER