Ryan Hampshire

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by dettoriman » 10 Nov 2015, 20:08

I'm glad he's adding depth,

But the terms of the deal are appalling, He may spend more time at Wigan than Cas,

It should've been a permanent deal, 1 year no recall, or not at all.

The likes of Ash Robson and Tom Holmes must be loving this deal ....
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 10 Nov 2015, 20:28

It's unknown depth though other than Monaghan, Crookes, Minnikin are totally unproven at this level, and the times I've seen Hampshire when he's covered Bowen, he's had nightmares, poor defence and terrible under the high ball. When are we going to see some proven quality players recruited, Wakey & Salford will be better than last year, and certainly Wire, FC & Catalans will be, we could be left behind at this rate, any lengthy absences from the first 17 could see us in trouble.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Nov 2015, 20:31

Jonny1975 wrote:It's unknown depth though other than Monaghan, Crookes, Minnikin are totally unproven at this level, and the times I've seen Hampshire when he's covered Bowen, he's had nightmares, poor defence and terrible under the high ball. When are we going to see some proven quality players recruited, Wakey & Salford will be better than last year, and certainly Wire, FC & Catalans will be, we could be left behind at this rate, any lengthy absences from the first 17 could see us in trouble.

Maybe steve gill is hoping daryll's magic wand will work again 2016, like it did 2014 and 2015

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 10 Nov 2015, 20:47

Not happy with the terms of the loan deal. Whats to say Hampshire gets a run in the team does well,then with a game against Wigan on the horizon they get a halfback "injury" in training?

We will have to cross everthing that we don't get many injuries & suspensions this season. We appear short in the three quarters for starters, looks to me if the starting wingers get a knock we will have Minnikin/Crooks filling in out there.
Last edited by duke street 10 on 10 Nov 2015, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Dirk Diggler
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dirk Diggler » 10 Nov 2015, 20:50

I must say I am rather confused with the whole situation. At present, Tompkins is injured which therefore means Wigan will need him as cover.

At which club will his preseason training be???

If it's Wigan then that will mean we won't get any time to integrate him into our team before SL kicks off which means we will get him at the end of March. It will then take the lad time to get used to our style of play which will mean it will be another month or so before he will be fully effective.

My worry is that this situation leaves us light in terms of proven SL cover should we have an injury crisis of our own.

IMO, a poor decision amongst so much positivity and giant strides we have taken on the pitch in the last two seasons.

As for the unrest amongst fans in terms of our recruitment for the coming season, I'll reserve judgement until our squad has been finalised for next year.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 Nov 2015, 21:26

Dirk Diggler wrote:I must say I am rather confused with the whole situation. At present, Tompkins is injured which therefore means Wigan will need him as cover.

If it's Wigan then that will mean we won't get any time to integrate him into our team before SL kicks off which means we will get him at the end of March. It will then take the lad time to get used to our style of play which will mean it will be another month or so before he will be fully effective.

My worry is that this situation leaves us light in terms of proven SL cover should we have an injury crisis of our own.

IMO, a poor decision amongst so much positivity and giant strides we have taken on the pitch in the last two seasons.

As for the unrest amongst fans in terms of our recruitment for the coming season, I'll reserve judgement until our squad has been finalised for next year.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2015- ... -extension

Hes not covering Tomkins,he'll be with us straight away
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 10 Nov 2015, 22:02

the machine wrote:
Dirk Diggler wrote:I must say I am rather confused with the whole situation. At present, Tompkins is injured which therefore means Wigan will need him as cover.

My first reaction was that of many others in who the hell has sanctioned this deal. It's a real shame that I've had to read the true format of the deal from a Wigan site rather than the Cas site which was very vague to say the least.

Now I've seen some meat on the bones I'd say it's a good signing for next year which will allow Tom Holmes the opportunity to go out and learn his trade in the championship ready for the following season. Recruitment overall has been good IMO given what's actually been available. I still feel we could do with 1 more starting player and I reckon we will be good to go push the top 6 again.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 Nov 2015, 22:27

braytontiger wrote:
the machine wrote:

My first reaction was that of many others in who the hell has sanctioned this deal. It's a real shame that I've had to read the true format of the deal from a Wigan site rather than the Cas site which was very vague to say the least.

Now I've seen some meat on the bones I'd say it's a good signing for next year which will allow Tom Holmes the opportunity to go out and learn his trade in the championship ready for the following season. Recruitment overall has been good IMO given what's actually been available. I still feel we could do with 1 more starting player and I reckon we will be good to go push the top 6 again.
Not for the first time weve not been given the accurate info on the cas site
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 10 Nov 2015, 23:07

Its the worst bit of business done since Steve Gill has been here. I have not been impressed with our off season activities so far and am still hoping for more.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 10 Nov 2015, 23:15

No idea how good the player is, but the terms of the loan deal may not all be in Wigans favour. I agree with previous posters that the recall clause isnt good. However most loan deals in football for example state that the player involved has to be a regular first choice in the team. Maybe that doesnt apply to this deal and Hampshire will just be used as cover to suit the needs of Cas

Martiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Martiger » 10 Nov 2015, 23:23

It's about time people who post on this forum realise The people running the club are not real business men! This latest Hampshire deal is pure proof of that. Let's develop another teams player who will be a star for them for the 3 seasons afterwards whilst the the parent club dictate where he plays when he plays, yes well done Steve Gill and the other BOD. The typical cheap option again. No one in there right mind believes that Moore, channing tansey, Finn, Clare, Bailey, crossley, carneys wages are all spent on Monaghan, crooks, springer, and mcshane. If so then it's a shambles. Steve Gill wants the fans to splash there cash. Maybe for once why doesn't the BOD. Splash there cash on some real quality. Long season ahead I fear.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 10 Nov 2015, 23:41

Terms of the deal are shocking. Honestly I wouldn't even play him as he could fit into the squad and then all of a sudden be recalled back to Wigan leaving us short.

If he was coming on a permanent basis or even a loan with no recall as per the Sneyd deal then it would be a little easier to take, all we're doing now is helping Wigan produce a player.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 11 Nov 2015, 00:05

Got to say I'm really underwhelmed at our recruitment so far. I completely understand and agree with the clubs stance on JC, but I'm holding my breath hoping for some quality additions otherwise I can see it being really tough this year.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Simon1967
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Simon1967 » 11 Nov 2015, 07:19

Can he play against Wigan? Or could he even play against us.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 11 Nov 2015, 07:31

Has everyone forgotten the last 2 years. Everyone was criticising cas when the recruited before 2014 and we finished 4th with a trip to Wembley thrown in. Everyone criticised cas for recruiting unproven guys from London and we finished 5th. Oh and guess what? Everyone's criticising cas this year too. What happened to in DP we trust? Unbelievable

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2015, 08:12

I'm not surprised other clubs want to send there young guys to have a season under powell hes the best coach in the league i also think when we have our best seventeen out we will be a match for anybody,there's still time to bring in a couple of proven players but if we go with what we've got when we start picking up injuries we will be relying on youngsters inexperience and a loan player that could be withdrawn, we have a chance under powell to be a genuine top four side we need to start behaving like one
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

muckymunksy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by muckymunksy » 11 Nov 2015, 09:05

Rubbish business surely we could of looked at someone else

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 11 Nov 2015, 09:14

From what ive been told, Wakey (his dads first choice) and Cas were in for the loan deal. Wane would only loan to Cas because of Powell.

Lets just see if there are any further signings on the horizon before lambasting the club. We have a settled squad for the first time in nearly 10 years. That counts for more the making 10 signings like other clubs.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 11 Nov 2015, 10:16

muckymunksy wrote:Rubbish business surely we could of looked at someone else

A lot of people are saying how bad this deal is but I don't see many names been mentioned as an alternative.

Who would you suggest that's available Mucky

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Nov 2015, 10:32

casyorkie wrote:
muckymunksy wrote:Rubbish business surely we could of looked at someone else

A lot of people are saying how bad this deal is but I don't see many names been mentioned as an alternative.

Who would you suggest that's available Mucky

As a mire fan. We arnt privy to who's available or not.
Looking at other clubs they have strengthened far better than we have.
Just hope DP can squeeze that bit extra out of some of his signings.