Gale misses out again!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yellow_t-shirt
Twitter: @boarderman_xoncrene

Gale misses out again!

Post by yellow_t-shirt » 06 Nov 2015, 00:21

Mcbanana pulling his usual tricks and only selecting from "top 4" clubs! What more has Gale got to do, Albert Goldthorpe winner, Dream team apparently means nothing!! :evil:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Gale misses out again!

Post by the machine » 06 Nov 2015, 02:21

yellow_t-shirt wrote:Mcbanana pulling his usual tricks and only selecting from "top 4" clubs! What more has Gale got to do, Albert Goldthorpe winner, Dream team apparently means nothing!! :evil:
Or hes sticking with a winning team???
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 06 Nov 2015, 04:39

Yeah McBanana was never going to change the side after a win last time. He might play the 3rd match IF:

- England win the first two
- Widdop or Williams is injured for game 3
- England get hammered in the 2nd game and Williams has a shocker.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 06 Nov 2015, 07:46

Can blame Mcnamara for sticking with a winning team im sure he'll get a chance in 3rd match if we beat them tomorrow
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Nov 2015, 08:59

On a positive he wont come back burned out.
Take a nice earned holiday then get back into pre season.

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 06 Nov 2015, 15:05

Gale is never going to play whilst O'Loughlin is picking the team, same thing happened to Shenton, has a great game and gets dropped for Sarginson.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 06 Nov 2015, 18:33

I thought Williams played well in the first game and deserved to retain his place. The one position that gets me is Bateman at centre, he just doesn't look like a centre. IMO Shento would have been the better option.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 06 Nov 2015, 18:46

Andrew6666 wrote:I thought Williams played well in the first game and deserved to retain his place. The one position that gets me is Bateman at centre, he just doesn't look like a centre. IMO Shento would have been the better option.
I think Williams had a stinker in 1st half but came into game in 2nd half, i agree Bateman isnt a good enough centre but having not selected shenton the only other option is Cudjoe who is terrible n cant believe hes in the squad (wardle has been better) so id have to stick with Bateman
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 06 Nov 2015, 18:50

International wise Bateman is too small for a forward and not skillful enough to be a back

I know that we're all biased towards Shenny but it is hard to think of a better English centre.

I also reckon the coach just doesn't rate any of our boys

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 06 Nov 2015, 18:54

I honestly think shenny is solid but over rated too just my opinion I would have probably gone for wardle over Bateman but both over cudjoe lol. Bateman given space is a decent player he's tough aggressive and imo makes very little mistakes but like I say just my opinion I was disappointed that gale didn't get the nod and mcgilvery too but think Williams has done well first half he was off the game but second half he showed a lot more and some real promise how burgess is in the team I'm still not sure on that one?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 06 Nov 2015, 18:56

betts21 wrote:I honestly think shenny is solid but over rated too just my opinion I would have probably gone for wardle over Bateman but both over cudjoe lol. Bateman given space is a decent player he's tough aggressive and imo makes very little mistakes but like I say just my opinion I was disappointed that gale didn't get the nod and mcgilvery too but think Williams has done well first half he was off the game but second half he showed a lot more and some real promise how burgess is in the team I'm still not sure on that one?
Wardle already played for scotland and wants to carry on doing so
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 06 Nov 2015, 21:11

It's hardly a surprise that gale hasn't been picked,George Williams is a class act and had a fine debut for young lad,widdop doesn't do anything for me in the halves and he could fill a centre spot for Bateman but while ever the teams winning nothing much will change.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 07 Nov 2015, 01:43

Williams had a poor first half and I thought may have been in danger of losing his place for the second test had the second half continued in similar fashion, but I have to say that he was excellent after the break.
Gale would make a better halfback partner than Widdop did for Wlliams and I still can't believe the selection of Bateman as centre, but it sums Macbanana the coach up perfectly.
Danny Boy

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Nov 2015, 08:11

yellow_t-shirt wrote:Mcbanana pulling his usual tricks and only selecting from "top 4" clubs! What more has Gale got to do, Albert Goldthorpe winner, Dream team apparently means nothing!! :evil:
Stop talking tripe. Would you expect DP to change a winning side? No. So why should the national coach?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Nov 2015, 10:12

Fumper27 wrote:
Stop talking tripe. Would you expect DP to change a winning side? No. So why should the national coach?
By luck more than judgement in my opinion. Hodgson in front of roby? Williams/gale? Bateman/Shelton?

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 07 Nov 2015, 17:09

Lukes got to play next week surely

Simon1967
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Simon1967 » 07 Nov 2015, 18:09

why? today was a forwards game. as much as I would have picked luke in first game, I cant see any reason to drop williams or widdop now.They did enough in first game to keep their place and did not do enough wrong today to be dropped for the decider.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 07 Nov 2015, 18:13

Simon1967 wrote:why? today was a forwards game. as much as I would have picked luke in first game, I cant see any reason to drop williams or widdop now.They did enough in first game to keep their place and did not do enough wrong today to be dropped for the decider.
I have to disagree williams did very little in the 1st game and was a passenger today offered nothing in attack. Gale would be my pick to replace him because hes has more ability to open teams defence up and he would try to do something different. I think our attack has been poor both games. We look like a team who hasnt played together before. We need a harder warm up game than playing the french

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 07 Nov 2015, 18:19

dude wrote:
Simon1967 wrote:why? today was a forwards game. as much as I would have picked luke in first game, I cant see any reason to drop williams or widdop now.They did enough in first game to keep their place and did not do enough wrong today to be dropped for the decider.
I have to disagree williams did very little in the 1st game and was a passenger today offered nothing in attack. Gale would be my pick to replace him because hes has more ability to open teams defence up and he would try to do something different. I think our attack has been poor both games. We look like a team who hasnt played together before. We need a harder warm up game than playing the french
Very much this!!!!!

We never looked liked scoring today and williams was poor to say the least. Widdop reminded me of chase today. Trying very hard with a half back partner being carried. Williams has to be replaced. By who it doesn't matter but as I said earlier luke surly deserves his chance now

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 07 Nov 2015, 18:32

I agree for me gale deserves his chance I can't say too much bad about Williams I really do think he's going to be a great player but I honestly think gale offers so much more the only thing I think Williams has better is pace at going at the line but it think playing the kiwis is right up gales street he's an aggressive half who never seems to tire and never takes his foot off the gas as we've seen all season and I think that is what we need William seems to just drift through the game at times where as I think gale will go after it non stop!