new ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Ferrytiger

Re: new ground

Post by Ferrytiger » 29 Jan 2016, 00:16

It will be for geotechnical and geoenvironmental ground investigation. They will need to see what under there regarding and ground works they need to do, and for any contaminated land issues mainly ground gas associated with the coal measures!

Either way positive sign things are moving along!

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 16 Feb 2016, 16:50

I've noticed a lot of objections from the NIMBY brigade on the this application, i not sure if it matters at this stage but would it be worth us all showing support for the alternations in conditions ??

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 Feb 2016, 17:22

Those objections really show just how poorly educated people can be.

Throw in the people objecting based on rumours and speculation it just all paints a very sorry picture. Like how do people come to the conclusion that a Primark at the OTHER SIDE OF TOWN will effect the business of the likes of New Look? Or how does the potential closure of M&S in the lanes mean Boots will follow suit? Truly baffling logic posed by some of those people.

They all seem to miss the point that the lanes will still be closer and used more by the majority of the town to the new shops! The same goes for Ponte & Fev. Mind boggling.

What's even sadder is the odds are they'll either be ST holders at Cas so are effectively trying to steal from the club by objecting or are Fev/Wakey fans on the troll.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Feb 2016, 17:29

TheSheriff wrote:Those objections really show just how poorly educated people can be.

Throw in the people objecting based on rumours and speculation it just all paints a very sorry picture. Like how do people come to the conclusion that a Primark at the OTHER SIDE OF TOWN will effect the business of the likes of New Look? Or how does the potential closure of M&S in the lanes mean Boots will follow suit? Truly baffling logic posed by some of those people.

They all seem to miss the point that the lanes will still be closer and used more by the majority of the town to the new shops! The same goes for Ponte & Fev. Mind boggling.

What's even sadder is the odds are they'll either be ST holders at Cas so are effectively trying to steal from the club by objecting or are Fev/Wakey fans on the troll.
Equally, you shouldn't allow a development simply because it benefits Cas Tigers
Spreading the Cas gene pool

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 Feb 2016, 17:35

Flat Capper wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:Those objections really show just how poorly educated people can be.

Equally, you shouldn't allow a development simply because it benefits Cas Tigers
But it also helps ease the ridiculously high unemployment rate in the town, would help move it away from being officially the worst place in the UK to live ( http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/ ... -1-7606765 ).

I'd rather have MORE options for shops than the few that exist now. More choice = better for customers. The only businesses moaning are the ones who aren't good enough to survive a bit of competition.

This development will do more for the town than anything that's been done since Xscape opened. Remember the whinging by the same people about that and J32? But those stores are all still open...funny that.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Feb 2016, 17:42

And I make no argument about increased choice and competition; it's just in a terrible place and as a traditionalist, I believe town centers are the best place for shops.

I'm really looking forward to the road network 'improving'...

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 Feb 2016, 17:50

Oh the roads are going to be a laugh. But nobody is complaining about those really...and that would be the main concern to have.

For me, the best place for shops is where there's room. The town centre will still get plenty of foot fall because it's in the most convenient place for the majority of the town.

The lanes and the new development have 2 clear and distinct different purposes. You go down the town to grab a few bits/you know what you want (Butchers, Bakers etc) and just need a quick trip. The new place you go there if you want to "make a day of it".

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 16 Feb 2016, 20:53

TheSheriff wrote:Oh the roads are going to be a laugh. But nobody is complaining about those really...and that would be the main concern to have.
They are spending few £million altering/improving the road junction to cope with the extra traffic, so the proof on that will be in the pudding!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Feb 2016, 18:14

alcasfan wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:Oh the roads are going to be a laugh. But nobody is complaining about those really...and that would be the main concern to have.
They are spending few £million altering/improving the road junction to cope with the extra traffic, so the proof on that will be in the pudding!
It's a question of theory and practice I'm afraid.

The new road layout has been modeled using the latest computer software transport modeling packages and appears to demonstrate the new layout will work.

However, the modeling rarely goes beyond the new layout to included the existing highways infrastructure so the result is traffic can't actually get away from the new junciton which in turn locks up.

As you say, we'll see...

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 17 Feb 2016, 18:37

when we went to the friendly with fev on 27th dec we went on the m62 to junction 32 but the queue waiting to get off the m62 was so long it backed up onto the m62 so we had to go to the Normanton junction to get off the m62, then back into cas via whitwood etc.

I hope that queue was xmas shopping traffic & not the normal size queue or it wont be worth going that way to the new ground ](*,)

Jungle
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jungle » 17 Feb 2016, 19:37

People that are designing the roads etc have a better understanding than any of us, it's what they do day to day..... There will have been same issues when xscape was built!

The more shops the better because let's be honest to go to any of the major retailers (primary next etc) it's either a trip to Leeds or wakefield so having it closer to Cas ponte and fev is a bonus for the area!!!

There will be people who are dead set against it but will be the biggest shoppers there just like xscape and junction 32! Having a ground there is a bonus and the advertising scope is huge with the amount t of passing traffic on the M62

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 17 Feb 2016, 21:11

ON rugby AM Steve Gill as said that Cas will be in their new ground by 2018 /2019 to start in October

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Feb 2016, 21:37

flood light tiger wrote:ON rugby AM Steve Gill as said that Cas will be in their new ground by 2018 /2019 to start in October
It gets a year later every time a date is mentioned! Wasn't it going to be this or next season originally?

Still, an October start will be nice to see.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 17 Feb 2016, 22:47

TheSheriff wrote:
flood light tiger wrote:ON rugby AM Steve Gill as said that Cas will be in their new ground by 2018 /2019 to start in October
It gets a year later every time a date is mentioned! Wasn't it going to be this or next season originally?

Still, an October start will be nice to see.
Your right there every time someone opens there mouth about the ground it does get pushed back a year. If this is so then they want to start doing some repairs to the old ground starting by putting the tent back up. That mobile bar was a farce .

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Feb 2016, 13:13

Jungle wrote:People that are designing the roads etc have a better understanding than any of us, it's what they do day to day..... There will have been same issues when xscape was built!

The more shops the better because let's be honest to go to any of the major retailers (primary next etc) it's either a trip to Leeds or wakefield so having it closer to Cas ponte and fev is a bonus for the area!!!

There will be people who are dead set against it but will be the biggest shoppers there just like xscape and junction 32! Having a ground there is a bonus and the advertising scope is huge with the amount t of passing traffic on the M62
The people designing the roads are employed by the developer and therefore have a vested interest in trying to prove it will work.

Oh, and some of us also design roads... ;)

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 18 Feb 2016, 20:16

Another delay. The saga goes on. Every announcement is another delay. Now 2018, then 2019, 2020. NEVER!!

Getting to the point now that I will only believe it is a reality, when we kick-off in the first match sometime in the future.

I live in York and the York "new stadium" is taking just as long. Is it over 10 years now since it was first mentioned.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Feb 2016, 20:43

stuey wrote:Another delay. The saga goes on. Every announcement is another delay. Now 2018, then 2019, 2020. NEVER!!

Getting to the point now that I will only believe it is a reality, when we kick-off in the first match sometime in the future.

I live in York and the York "new stadium" is taking just as long. Is it over 10 years now since it was first mentioned.
I feel the same way, more delays & I look at the declining state of the jungle & I feel it cant come fast enough :roll:

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 18 Feb 2016, 22:38

Unfortunately unless you have the cash to just build it yourself you're always going to be waiting for the company to go through the motions.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 19 Feb 2016, 13:20

Perhaps now would be a good time for an update from Lateral. Haven't heard much from them for quite some time.

Alfiedog
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alfiedog » 19 Feb 2016, 13:48

stuey wrote:Another delay. The saga goes on. Every announcement is another delay. Now 2018, then 2019, 2020. NEVER!!

Annoying isn't it, cos it's well known that building projects always run smoothly & stick to fixed timescales don't they!