Carney suspended

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Carney suspended

Post by Juscas » 03 Sep 2015, 14:01

Is it only me that thinks Bjb is very average indeed?
Ok he scored a lot at Leeds but with some of the players he had inside him so would most players.i think at Salford he has been found out as a run of the mill bottom 4 winger with a lot of errors in his game

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 03 Sep 2015, 14:01

Chase coming back depends on whether Powell thinks he can work with Gale. If he has doubts then leave well alone. But if we can have Gale marshalling the team round the pitch as a traditional #7 and Rangi being the creative spark needed at time at #6 then it would be an awesome pairing.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 03 Sep 2015, 14:22

I'm fairly sure Powell would welcome back a focussed Rangi Chase with open arms.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 03 Sep 2015, 15:08

Heard chase in talks to come back.good source(not revealing it)but told me about carney couple of weeks ago before mentioned on here and other stuff that's become true.just in talks mind not Defo signing

Durhamtiger3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Durhamtiger3 » 03 Sep 2015, 16:47

Ignore can't be bothered

40/20
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 40/20 » 03 Sep 2015, 19:11

If we was to have any one Caton brown looked good at London. Fits on wing or centre and has pace.

englishbondtiger

Post by englishbondtiger » 04 Sep 2015, 13:00

chase all be it is a good player when focused, his attitude stinks and I don't think he would fit in with the ethos down the lane at the minute.....I remember going to London 3 years ago when we got hammered and chase came and stuck twos up at our support......

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Sep 2015, 16:16

Chase was playing some excellent rugby under DP before Cas moved him out and we would have probably finished in the top 8 that year if Powell had have been the coach all year.
I have every faith in Powell to bring the best out of Rangi if he returned and that could only make us a better side.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 04 Sep 2015, 16:37

I'll think you should think again about chase being moved out by cas. Don't blame the club. I don't want chase back. The team are a lot better off without him

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Sep 2015, 19:11

Cas made it clear to Chase to find another club, at the time we were in a desperate financial position and the old regime had given him a contrct the club just couldn't afford,
We put him up for grabs to all and sundry so I can hardly blame Chase for moving out.
Same with Clark, poor management cost us 2 men of steel.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 04 Sep 2015, 19:29

Sharlotiger wrote:Cas made it clear to Chase to find another club, at the time we were in a desperate financial position and the old regime had given him a contrct the club just couldn't afford,
We put him up for grabs to all and sundry so I can hardly blame Chase for moving out.
Poor management cost us 2 men of steel - Spot on. At least Cas have people who know what they are doing in charge of the club now. There is no doubt Chase and Powell did get on, making Rangi captain for his last game showed that

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Sep 2015, 19:52

Sharlotiger wrote:Cas made it clear to Chase to find another club, at the time we were in a desperate financial position and the old regime had given him a contrct the club just couldn't afford,
Not quite true.

Chase instigated his own move out of the club. Yes he was on a good contract but he made it clear he wanted to go. We didn't want rid of him.

However, when a player's head is gone (and attitude too) Cas cut their losses, cashed in on him for over £100k and cut £150k plus from the wage bill.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 04 Sep 2015, 22:47

HuddsTigers wrote:
Not quite true.

Chase instigated his own move out of the club. Yes he was on a good contract but he made it clear he wanted to go. We didn't want rid of him.

However, when a player's head is gone (and attitude too) Cas cut their losses, cashed in on him for over £100k and cut £150k plus from the wage bill.
I think Rangi deserves a bit of sympathy. He was at Cas when they were run by a bunch of clowns, then moves to Salford only to find they are run by a bunch of clowns as well. Part of the reason why he moved was to help secure his families future, so that can be understood. I agree he does have attitude, but I think part of that can be justified as well, due to who the management have been when he has been at Cas and Salford

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Sep 2015, 23:04

The sad thing is that he has been at Salford between the ages of 26-29. This should have been the peak of his career and it's been wasted at a club that resembles a circus.
However, his game isn't based on pace. He should have a good 4-5 years left.

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 04 Sep 2015, 23:31

Still dont know how anybody thinks we can afford Rangis wages. Its surely a complete non starter.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 04 Sep 2015, 23:37

I wouldn't even attempt it unless he seriously lowers his wages. If the club have that kind of money to offer wages then we should be using that elsewhere. He is too hit and miss to be on those kind of wages and a bit of a smack in the mouth to the rest of our squad if he were to walk in and take such high wages. What is Chase now 29? and still being disruptive.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 05 Sep 2015, 00:48

tigerforever wrote:Still dont know how anybody thinks we can afford Rangis wages. Its surely a complete non starter.
Well according to HT Chases wages were not a problem and that was when we were skint. Carney going would free up a bit o the cap or maybe we could make him our marquee player with outside sponsorship support.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 05 Sep 2015, 01:05

Chase was fantastic when he was with us , ala Shenton would probably see his best play if back with us. The problem is, he left for cash - IMO we shouldn't break the bank for him, give T Holmes a go and see how he goes before splashing cash - we made Chase, no reason we can't make another star in someone else.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 05 Sep 2015, 10:33

We didn't make Rangi Chase at all, he came blessed with natural ability, all we did was give him a free reign to showcase it.

We're carrying a lot of dead wood in the squad, If Chase would come back for a deal similar to the one he was on, and DP could get him and Luke Gale playing, We could have the best halves in the league, my worry is without another quality winger, The chances they create may go to waste.

I'd be hoping we hold out for a fee for Carney. And try and re-use that to tempt a winger for our other wing. Tom Johnstone at Wakey been number 1 target, who shone in an awful side this year, similar to what Solomona and Magic Mike did for London.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

paulhutch1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by paulhutch1 » 05 Sep 2015, 10:46

Heard Chase is going to Catalan to replace Dureau and Fages has agreed a deal at Huddersfield.
keep Gale and Roberts at half back with Tom Holmes in support. Just need to look for a full back for when Dorn is out.
Hutch