Top 5 or overachieving

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Re: Top 5 or overachieving

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 24 Aug 2015, 18:52

I think we are achieving what we have earnt. We have a commited, fit team that play together bringing out each other's strengths. Sometimes we come up against better sides that beat us. Or we have an off day and the opposition take advantage. I know I'd rather be where we are at now, than where we spent the previous 10/12 years.
Look how long it's taken Huddersfield to 'break' into the 'top 4'. We are following them and in the next few years we could be there if we continue our progress. But I'd guess that the top 4 would be the top 6 by then, which we are already a part of now...

Long live the Tigers!!!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Aug 2015, 19:00

And don't forget that the RFL protected Huddersfield fr relegation three times!!

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 24 Aug 2015, 19:20

We are talking too much sense on here Tamworth. Need to get back to bagging Finn and lack of ambition, travel plans, new kit etc etc.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Aug 2015, 19:36

I'm sure it will all be brought up again before the night's out!!

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 25 Aug 2015, 06:52

Our next two games will show us where we stand this year.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 25 Aug 2015, 12:14

da_jimbob_7 wrote:I think we are achieving what we have earnt. We have a commited, fit team that play together bringing out each other's strengths. Sometimes we come up against better sides that beat us. Or we have an off day and the opposition take advantage. I know I'd rather be where we are at now, than where we spent the previous 10/12 years.
Look how long it's taken Huddersfield to 'break' into the 'top 4'. We are following them and in the next few years we could be there if we continue our progress. But I'd guess that the top 4 would be the top 6 by then, which we are already a part of now...
Huddersfiels got themselves to where we are now but to help them push on they signed quality players and the board shiwed ambition, we need to do that for us to close the gap even more. I agree with your post but money need to be spent to bring in the 1 or 2 quality players that will make a difference

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 25 Aug 2015, 15:29

Same old story our starting 17 can match anyone but our replacements once injuries/suspensions kick in cant fill the gaps left.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER