Westwood Charged

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Danny Boy
Verified

Re: Westwood Charged

Post by Danny Boy » 28 Jul 2015, 00:16

alftupper wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:
Aid wrote:So how is possible that none of the match officials, I ref, 2 touch judges and I In goal judge saw anything wrong with the attack on Gale?
I'm sure the touch judge came on waving his flag at the time, but BentHam apparently deemed it a fair challenge, which says it all, I still can't believe the RFL only rate it grade B, they should have thrown the book at the cynical thug.
Warrington were very clever at slowing down the ruck, or should I say that BentHam was either very poor at spotting it or deliberately ignored their transgressions.
If there's any justice, Westwood would be made to miss the next Warrington game against us, as it was ultimately his actions that significatly contributed to our downfall, by taking out our key playmaker.
what a hysterical one eyed rant, even by yours and this forums standards, particularly when compared to what you had to say following Rangi Chase' premeditated attack on Ropati that destroyed his face. In case you have forgotten this was your take on it at the time;

'I can't see Rangi getting a ban, it wasn't a dirty or dangerous tackle'

it's hard to read with a straight face, no pun intended Tangi

a completely irrational mind or the most blinkered Cas fan on here which takes some doing, I can't decide.
Welcome back Alf, but why would you troll through my post of over 3 years to mae a totally irrelevant point and what on earth has the Rangi incident of more than 3 years ago, got to do with yesterday?

...but to answer your not very well made point Rangi's attack was definitely not premeditated, it was a typical Rangi tackle, just trying for a big hit which was clumsy and very badly executed although Ropati was in posession and expecting to be tackled at the time but it was wishful thinking that he wouldn't get a ban, but Alf, what do expect on a Casforum? maybe you should stick to your own forum and read things about your own club or maybe get back under that stone?

The difference was that Gale had already passed the ball and the thug playing for Warrington stiff armed him, very late and it's more good luck than management that Luke's jaw or cheekbone wasn't smashed.

Westwood has only been charged with grade B, so the maximum ban can only be 2 games, whereas Rangi was given a 3 game ban (which on reflection, he probably deserved), but Westwood's was far worse and he should have been charged with a grade D.
Danny Boy

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 28 Jul 2015, 06:35

Reported on sky that Westwood may miss Saturdays semi final against KR because of a shoulder charge. Am I seeing things then? Could have sworn it was a late swinging arm attack to the head. Must be my eyes fading with old age then?????

decorator2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator2 » 28 Jul 2015, 07:55

Maybe RFL have got it wrong again...maybe the fans need sponsoring by Specsavers and not the refs. :oops:

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 28 Jul 2015, 08:16

I think we all know that Westwood will receive the most lenient punishment that can be delivered. We also know that Bentham will serve no reprimand whatsoever and will continue to ref as he has done. We also know that the RFL will continue to use Refs that are from the area of one of the teams playing (even though not possibly biased - each decision will still be questioned by fans). The game will never change, as we saw with the Catalan chairmen who criticised a ref, the RFL dont want to know and dont want to hear it. If you follow rugby league you just have to accept that this is the way the game is.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 28 Jul 2015, 09:41

Now the late challenge has been seen by all fans that watched the super league show, surely they have got to change the shoulder charge grade B offense ????? Yes I know maybe not then ! :roll:

decorator2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator2 » 28 Jul 2015, 12:00

He must be a big lad if his shoulders have moved to his forearm.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Jul 2015, 12:14

I don't believe Tony Smith would tell one of his better players to go out and "get" the oppositions playmaker, as Sunday has proved he could possibly miss an important game next up. Its more likely Westwood took it on himself to do it...plus Gale is smaller than him.

Seem to remember one time Westwood picked on somebody his own size and he ended up parked on his rump!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jul 2015, 12:20

i was trying to think who that was got a feeling it was wattene ,may be wrong..
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Jul 2015, 12:24

alftupper wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:
Aid wrote:So how is possible that none of the match officials, I ref, 2 touch judges and I In goal judge saw anything wrong with the attack on Gale?
I'm sure the touch judge came on waving his flag at the time, but BentHam apparently deemed it a fair challenge, which says it all, I still can't believe the RFL only rate it grade B, they should have thrown the book at the cynical thug.
Warrington were very clever at slowing down the ruck, or should I say that BentHam was either very poor at spotting it or deliberately ignored their transgressions.
If there's any justice, Westwood would be made to miss the next Warrington game against us, as it was ultimately his actions that significatly contributed to our downfall, by taking out our key playmaker.
what a hysterical one eyed rant, even by yours and this forums standards, particularly when compared to what you had to say following Rangi Chase' premeditated attack on Ropati that destroyed his face. In case you have forgotten this was your take on it at the time;

'I can't see Rangi getting a ban, it wasn't a dirty or dangerous tackle'

it's hard to read with a straight face, no pun intended Tangi

a completely irrational mind or the most blinkered Cas fan on here which takes some doing, I can't decide.
We lose...you pop up.
Haven't you got anything better to do?

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 28 Jul 2015, 12:25

Gray Viane was Westwood's nemesis!!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Jul 2015, 12:30

tigerfeat wrote:i was trying to think who that was got a feeling it was wattene ,may be wrong..
Gray Viane i think. Hit him so hard Westwood bounced!

davenrtn123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by davenrtn123 » 28 Jul 2015, 16:25

Gray Viane that's the man , used to wear the scrum cap, played right wing I think. Westwood thought he was tough, tried it on with him, the man stepped back one pace then chinned him and put him on his backside. :clap: :clap: :clap:

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Jul 2015, 16:40

davenrtn123 wrote:Gray Viane that's the man , used to wear the scrum cap, played right wing I think. Westwood thought he was tough, tried it on with him, the man stepped back one pace then chinned him and put him on his backside. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sometimes wore a scrum cap and was a centre. The same year Fa'aoso & Manu were in the team too. Saw a video yesterday of him putting Westwood on his backside with a right 1-2 combo :lol: Fa'aoso took on and beat half the Leeds team in a fight too!

If they had Brough all season, that team wouldn't have even been close to going down.

Denzelpaw

Post by Denzelpaw » 28 Jul 2015, 17:16

Danny Boy wrote:
To be honest mate I want the dirty git to be on the end of the first drive at our next match

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 28 Jul 2015, 17:26

I watched the incident on the sky sports app and Westwood never takes his eyes off Gale and strikes him with a swinging arm to the back of the head. How the disaplinary panel can say that it was reckless is beyond me. It's a deliberate attack to the to the most vunerable part of the head.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Jul 2015, 18:23

2 game ban.
Confirmation that he should have been sent off at the time.

It's worrying that every suspension of a player indicates they have committed an offence that should have seen them dismissed, which means the referees are missing an awful lot of serious foul play.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 28 Jul 2015, 19:20

Well at least he was honest and pleaded not guilty to a shoulder charge ! ](*,)

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 28 Jul 2015, 22:45

Tony Smith thinks it would not have even been called up if Powell had not 'whinged' about it. Also appears to be pretty mad about the whole thing.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... ryl-powell

Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Post by Stoke Bloke » 28 Jul 2015, 22:46

AH what a day that was Bisto smashed Westwood , McGoldrick hammered Wood and we put 60 points on Wires.

Memories,

Stokie
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Jul 2015, 00:13

i used to be a big fan of tony smith but he has gone continually downhill in my estimation over the last 12 months. conveniently blind when it suits him. he doesn't actually say benny the thug is innocent but insinuates that it wouyldn't have been noticed but for DP's comments.
jo brand is eddie warings love child