Super 8 Fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Super 8 Fixtures

Post by Bengal » 29 Jul 2015, 13:05

That's pretty much crippled me for getting to the games. With not a bit, but a lot of begging, wheeling and dealing and a shift swap or two, I maybe able to get to 3 of the games.

Last night I was talking to some mates and as true as I am typing this right now, we were saying that we would not mind betting that our first 3 games would be the 3 bottom teams. All 3 of course in must win games to stay alive. and that preferably we would want them at the back end when certainly Hull and Catalans had already been finished off and even probably Warrington had already nothing to play for. And lo and behold that's exactly what's happened. Consolation being we will get a much better crowd against Hull.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2015, 13:51

derbystiger wrote:
Bigcurt wrote:3 Super 8 fixtures a week on Sky and 1 middle 8 a week, why not 2 of each. Am I alone in getting sick of seeing the same teams on constantly. Don't get me wrong I am glad we are in the top 8 but the middle 8 games have a lot more riding on them and look more interesting.
Agreed. I was really looking forward to the middle 8's, it has the making of one cracker of a spectacle. And then we get 4 Thursday night games!! They really are taking the mickey. The fans not considered once again, shock horror! And, sods law for me that our opening game is Friday night and I am at the test match at Trent Bridge, so hoping that the motorway is kind to me and I might just make it for kick off!
I could have written this even down to the Trent Bridge bit. I'm there too and hoping the rain starts falling about 3.30!

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2015, 14:37

Well I'm happy - we're on hols in South West France when we play Catalans!!!!

Oooh laa laaa!
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 29 Jul 2015, 15:11

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Well I'm happy - we're on hols in South West France when we play Catalans!!!!

Oooh laa laaa!
Hope you're not going via Euro tunnel ! The RFL does deals with Sky and doesn't seem to want to deal with any other Broadcaster for SL rights,they aienated Premier Sports by not letting them bid on England games the other year. They let Sky dictate to them on Thursday night matches knowing full well they are detrimental to the game and not wanted by fans. Until The RFL grow a pair and say no Thursday night matches I can see them being permanent.

Tank on the Flank

Post by Tank on the Flank » 29 Jul 2015, 16:00

Bengal wrote:That's pretty much crippled me for getting to the games. With not a bit, but a lot of begging, wheeling and dealing and a shift swap or two, I maybe able to get to 3 of the games.

Last night I was talking to some mates and as true as I am typing this right now, we were saying that we would not mind betting that our first 3 games would be the 3 bottom teams. All 3 of course in must win games to stay alive. and that preferably we would want them at the back end when certainly Hull and Catalans had already been finished off and even probably Warrington had already nothing to play for. And lo and behold that's exactly what's happened. Consolation being we will get a much better crowd against Hull.
Can understand the theory behind playing them having nothing to play for at the end of the season but personally think the fixtures in terms of who we play have been kind to us, if we would of started off with Leeds (A) St's (H) Wigan (A) and us ourselves not picked up any points that would be our season over nevermind anyone else's!

We've got our first 2 games that coincidentally are against the last 2 teams that beat us and maybe I'm just being optimistic but I've every confidence we can beat them both!

It's not gonna be easy getting into that top 4 but everyone's dropping points around us and hopefully we can build some momentum back up in those first 2 / 3 even 4 games!

I certainly aren't writing us off yet!.... COYF!

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 29 Jul 2015, 16:23

Agree with you tank, target these 3 games and it put's pressure on Huddersfield and Warrington, all we have to do then is beat Saints at home and probably we are in the semi's. May be wrong but Huddersfield would have to win 4 out of seven to be above us, and with their track record of blowing up in big games we then can go to there place and do them to give us 5 wins. COYF.

Mojoxc

Post by Mojoxc » 29 Jul 2015, 16:53

I think the fixtures are shocking and will cost the club a lot of money..........4 games on a Thursday night, not one on our traditional Sunday afternoon.........first 2 games at home and then only one home game in 5 weeks........to me its just a joke!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Jul 2015, 17:16

Mojoxc wrote:I think the fixtures are shocking and will cost the club a lot of money..........4 games on a Thursday night, not one on our traditional Sunday afternoon.........first 2 games at home and then only one home game in 5 weeks........to me its just a joke!
well we wont be going to any due to evening kick offs so its no season ticket for us next year having only managed 4 home matches played on sunday this season, but I guess that our faults for not living in cas :roll:

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 29 Jul 2015, 18:23

Westwood will be back in time for the Cas v Warrington match after his two match ban. Just in time to take Gale out again.

Gives us chance to get some momentum back, as we have the two easiest fixtures of the seven first up.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Jul 2015, 18:24

fast hands wrote:Agree with you tank, target these 3 games and it put's pressure on Huddersfield and Warrington, all we have to do then is beat Saints at home and probably we are in the semi's. May be wrong but Huddersfield would have to win 4 out of seven to be above us, and with their track record of blowing up in big games we then can go to there place and do them to give us 5 wins. COYF.
Our last 3 games are saints leeds and wigan, we need to win those first 4 to stand a chance
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 29 Jul 2015, 18:48

Well, I've saved, bought new leisurewear (as I'm not a fan of the super 8 shirt) and will struggle to make a single game. Gutted.

Must win the first 4 to still be in with a chance of the 4. Then see where we are at for the last 3.

Oh an as commenting about the super 8 shirt made me think, playing in black/grey on all night matches will be fun!

Long live the Tigers!!!

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 29 Jul 2015, 18:51

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Well I'm happy - we're on hols in South West France when we play Catalans!!!!

Oooh laa laaa!
you flukey bugger!

Gomersal Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Gomersal Tiger » 29 Jul 2015, 20:40

I'm in South of France on the Catalans game day, but don't arrive till 5pm, French time. I won't be able to get to Perpignan in time. Do we know if it will be on local TV down there.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 29 Jul 2015, 21:21

So Thursday Games
Whino's have 1
Cods have 0
Wire have 1
Stains have 2
Goons have 1
Shudds have 3
Froggies have 0

and cas have 4 Mmmmmmmmmmmm

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 29 Jul 2015, 21:35

speedy wrote:So Thursday Games
Whino's have 1
Cods have 0
Wire have 1
Stains have 2
Goons have 1
Shudds have 3
Froggies have 0

I wonder if Cas get to the Grand Final they will move that to a Thursday night as well? Maybe rugby league fans should unite and stop watching games on Sky on a Thursday night, if Sky have no viewers they will have to reconsider the situation

tigerfeet1994
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerfeet1994 » 29 Jul 2015, 21:37

Gomersal Tiger wrote:I'm in South of France on the Catalans game day, but don't arrive till 5pm, French time. I won't be able to get to Perpignan in time. Do we know if it will be on local TV down there.
Wasn't the coverage from our game over there pulled straight from their own channel ? That's why there was no camera angle for THAT try lol

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Jul 2015, 21:38

casfanfromcov wrote:
Whino's have 1
Cods have 0
Wire have 1
Stains have 2
Goons have 1
Shudds have 3
Froggies have 0

I wonder if Cas get to the Grand Final they will move that to a Thursday night as well? Maybe rugby league fans should unite and stop watching games on Sky on a Thursday night, if Sky have no viewers they will have to reconsider the situation
I won't be watching the Cas games on a Thursday night on sky. I'll be in the crowd cheering us on as usual.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 29 Jul 2015, 21:53

Fumper27 wrote:
casfanfromcov wrote:
Whino's have 1
Cods have 0
Wire have 1
Stains have 2
Goons have 1
Shudds have 3
Froggies have 0

I won't be watching the Cas games on a Thursday night on sky. I'll be in the crowd cheering us on as usual.
Fantastic attitude Fumper, but my point was aimed at fans of all clubs not to watch any Sky games on a Thursday night whether it is their team or any other team. Make sure you dont watch Sky on a Thursday night the three times it is not Cas playing as well

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 30 Jul 2015, 08:15

Just realised why Sky screen the Tigers on Thursdays, it's because their viewing figures would be very low, so they decide to put the most attractive team on that night, because RL supporters love to watch the Tigers, and that will boost their figures by 100%. COYF.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 30 Jul 2015, 10:35

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
Bigcurt wrote:3 Super 8 fixtures a week on Sky and 1 middle 8 a week, why not 2 of each. Am I alone in getting sick of seeing the same teams on constantly. Don't get me wrong I am glad we are in the top 8 but the middle 8 games have a lot more riding on them and look more interesting.
Agreed. I was really looking forward to the middle 8's, it has the making of one cracker of a spectacle. And then we get 4 Thursday night games!! They really are taking the mickey. The fans not considered once again, shock horror! And, sods law for me that our opening game is Friday night and I am at the test match at Trent Bridge, so hoping that the motorway is kind to me and I might just make it for kick off!
I could have written this even down to the Trent Bridge bit. I'm there too and hoping the rain starts falling about 3.30!
Me too! If we can get away about 4.30 might even make the bootroom for a pint before kick off! With how the fixtures have dropped this season the M1 on a Thursday/Friday evening is nothing new though, and its worse for you than me.