Super 8 Fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Super 8 Fixtures

Post by Aid » 29 Jul 2015, 07:26

Sharlotiger wrote:Onecell tell me when Cas have beaten a top side when the season was on the line? Sunday was a huge game for us and as usual we came up well short when the oppositon meant business. We can always sneak a result when the top sides are off the pace but always struggle when they are up for it, which is only natural when we are nowhere near as good as the big sides.
Come up with big game examples where we have won before you say I talk rubbish in future.
Last season, Challenge cup quarter final, Wigan away, Pretty big game, pretty big opponents (and a dodgey ref to boot)
Pretty good win!
cum on you Ford

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2015, 09:28

Aid wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:Onecell tell me when Cas have beaten a top side when the season was on the line? Sunday was a huge game for us and as usual we came up well short when the oppositon meant business. We can always sneak a result when the top sides are off the pace but always struggle when they are up for it, which is only natural when we are nowhere near as good as the big sides.
Come up with big game examples where we have won before you say I talk rubbish in future.
Last season, Challenge cup quarter final, Wigan away, Pretty big game, pretty big opponents (and a dodgey ref to boot)
Pretty good win!
Good call! I'm looking forward to reading the comeback to this one!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 29 Jul 2015, 10:27

Aid the cup win at Wigan was outstanding, shame we don't have more performances of that nature when we play the big sides in crucial matches.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Jul 2015, 10:33

So we have 4 Thursday night games out of 7.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_192 ... unced.html

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Jul 2015, 10:59

two home games to start with chance to get some momentum going for me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Jul 2015, 11:03

tigerfeat wrote:two home games to start with chance to get some momentum going for me
We need to win the first 4 as we have saints,leeds and wigan to finish the fixtures
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Bigcurt
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigcurt » 29 Jul 2015, 11:21

3 Super 8 fixtures a week on Sky and 1 middle 8 a week, why not 2 of each. Am I alone in getting sick of seeing the same teams on constantly. Don't get me wrong I am glad we are in the top 8 but the middle 8 games have a lot more riding on them and look more interesting.

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 29 Jul 2015, 11:29

Bigcurt wrote:3 Super 8 fixtures a week on Sky and 1 middle 8 a week, why not 2 of each. Am I alone in getting sick of seeing the same teams on constantly. Don't get me wrong I am glad we are in the top 8 but the middle 8 games have a lot more riding on them and look more interesting.
I agree and was really looking forward to the middle 8s but thats poor coverage for me. Sky can also stick their Thursday games where the sun dont shine !!! ](*,)

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 29 Jul 2015, 11:54

Love cas to pieces but that's no season ticket for me next season,4 Thursday night games at the main part of the season I'm going to miss due to been a nightshift worker.what a complete joke.feel robbed

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 29 Jul 2015, 12:01

Bigcurt wrote:3 Super 8 fixtures a week on Sky and 1 middle 8 a week, why not 2 of each. Am I alone in getting sick of seeing the same teams on constantly. Don't get me wrong I am glad we are in the top 8 but the middle 8 games have a lot more riding on them and look more interesting.
Agreed. I was really looking forward to the middle 8's, it has the making of one cracker of a spectacle. And then we get 4 Thursday night games!! They really are taking the mickey. The fans not considered once again, shock horror! And, sods law for me that our opening game is Friday night and I am at the test match at Trent Bridge, so hoping that the motorway is kind to me and I might just make it for kick off!

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 29 Jul 2015, 12:04

I know sky are the paymasters so make the decisions regarding televised games, but Thursday and Friday night games are killing our "community club" ethos. How do we get the kids to connect if they can't go to games? Oh well; I hope the sky money is good cos' that's two junior season tickets that won't be renewed next season.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 29 Jul 2015, 12:36

How many games does the rest of the top 8 get on a Thurs?. It feels like we are somehow punished for not playing regular home games on Friday night.

2 of the 3 home games i am on the wrong shift pattern. I will have to try and book holidays but don't think i stand a chance with the Warrington game. Also the game at Hudds on a Thurs night will kill off any chance of taking a large following. At the moment im fed up! :(

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Jul 2015, 12:44

Rugby league is becoming fan unfriendly.
Just cant get my head round WHY we have 4 Thursday games. Madness.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 29 Jul 2015, 12:52

Looks like my next rugby game will be a Wasps rugby union match. There is no doubt league is superior to union, but at least union clubs aren't Skys puppets on a string. They had the sense to wait for a better offer from BT Sports

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Jul 2015, 12:56

duke street 10 wrote:How many games does the rest of the top 8 get on a Thurs?. It feels like we are somehow punished for not playing regular home games on Friday night.

2 of the 3 home games i am on the wrong shift pattern. I will have to try and book holidays but don't think i stand a chance with the Warrington game. Also the game at Hudds on a Thurs night will kill off any chance of taking a large following. At the moment im fed up! :(
Hudds have 3 rest have 2 or 1,think catalan have zero
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 29 Jul 2015, 13:05

That's pretty much crippled me for getting to the games. With not a bit, but a lot of begging, wheeling and dealing and a shift swap or two, I maybe able to get to 3 of the games.

Last night I was talking to some mates and as true as I am typing this right now, we were saying that we would not mind betting that our first 3 games would be the 3 bottom teams. All 3 of course in must win games to stay alive. and that preferably we would want them at the back end when certainly Hull and Catalans had already been finished off and even probably Warrington had already nothing to play for. And lo and behold that's exactly what's happened. Consolation being we will get a much better crowd against Hull.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2015, 13:51

derbystiger wrote:
Agreed. I was really looking forward to the middle 8's, it has the making of one cracker of a spectacle. And then we get 4 Thursday night games!! They really are taking the mickey. The fans not considered once again, shock horror! And, sods law for me that our opening game is Friday night and I am at the test match at Trent Bridge, so hoping that the motorway is kind to me and I might just make it for kick off!
I could have written this even down to the Trent Bridge bit. I'm there too and hoping the rain starts falling about 3.30!

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2015, 14:37

Well I'm happy - we're on hols in South West France when we play Catalans!!!!

Oooh laa laaa!
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 29 Jul 2015, 15:11

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Well I'm happy - we're on hols in South West France when we play Catalans!!!!

Oooh laa laaa!
Hope you're not going via Euro tunnel ! The RFL does deals with Sky and doesn't seem to want to deal with any other Broadcaster for SL rights,they aienated Premier Sports by not letting them bid on England games the other year. They let Sky dictate to them on Thursday night matches knowing full well they are detrimental to the game and not wanted by fans. Until The RFL grow a pair and say no Thursday night matches I can see them being permanent.

Tank on the Flank

Post by Tank on the Flank » 29 Jul 2015, 16:00

Bengal wrote:That's pretty much crippled me for getting to the games. With not a bit, but a lot of begging, wheeling and dealing and a shift swap or two, I maybe able to get to 3 of the games.

Last night I was talking to some mates and as true as I am typing this right now, we were saying that we would not mind betting that our first 3 games would be the 3 bottom teams. All 3 of course in must win games to stay alive. and that preferably we would want them at the back end when certainly Hull and Catalans had already been finished off and even probably Warrington had already nothing to play for. And lo and behold that's exactly what's happened. Consolation being we will get a much better crowd against Hull.
Can understand the theory behind playing them having nothing to play for at the end of the season but personally think the fixtures in terms of who we play have been kind to us, if we would of started off with Leeds (A) St's (H) Wigan (A) and us ourselves not picked up any points that would be our season over nevermind anyone else's!

We've got our first 2 games that coincidentally are against the last 2 teams that beat us and maybe I'm just being optimistic but I've every confidence we can beat them both!

It's not gonna be easy getting into that top 4 but everyone's dropping points around us and hopefully we can build some momentum back up in those first 2 / 3 even 4 games!

I certainly aren't writing us off yet!.... COYF!