TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by Matt » 26 Jul 2015, 22:59

One bad game doesn't end the season. The team need to dust the result off as a bad day at the office and train hard for the next 2 weeks ready for the next 7 games, all of which will be a challenge.

Losing Gale is a problem however with McShane signing we can drop Roberts in to the halves and let Milner/McShane rotate at hooker. There's no need to panic just yet.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Jul 2015, 23:05

the machine wrote:
lurcher wrote:GOB gave us a real lesson in out of hand kicking. didn't notice boyle being used until the last quarter and the first pass gibson received was 10 minutes from time. gadwin got better as the game went on and mcmeekan impressed again. was surprised how quiet ollie was today.
Oggy needs the longer hair and headband back,gives him powers lol
and ditch the orange boots. lol
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jul 2015, 23:08

Matt wrote:One bad game doesn't end the season. The team need to dust the result off as a bad day at the office and train hard for the next 2 weeks ready for the next 7 games, all of which will be a challenge.

Losing Gale is a problem however with McShane signing we can drop Roberts in to the halves and let Milner/McShane rotate at hooker. There's no need to panic just yet.
I agree. Two points 1 have we lost Gale, he's got two weeks to recover?
2. I saw Dorn differently. Later on he seemed to be the only player trying to be creative. I (and not only me) were talking about him in the halves with Ben at fullback of Gale is out
Finally, I am praying that Westwood misses the Semi as a minimum and if justice is really done that he is ruled out should Wire make Wembley

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 26 Jul 2015, 23:09

Once again todays match showed how bad the side is in important positions the player in the last line of defence is a joke the kicking game poor same kicks all the time and variation in play none existance if most fans on the terracing can see it why not those in charge . overall the side as done well to retain S/L status but untii changes are made in these areas when it comes to the major games it will allways be a struggle .

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Jul 2015, 00:04

I think that this season we have competed in a lot of major games. We have shared the league points with Saints, Leeds, Wigan, Wire, Catalans and Hull as well as beating all in the lower positions at least once. When did we last do that? Included in that is knocking two teams off the top in a week.
Only some very dodgy reffing at home v Giants stopped us beating everyone in the league for the first time in my memory... Have we ever done the full set before? We can still complete it in the final stages and if we do our first semi since 99 is doable.Lets keep the faith a bit longer.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 27 Jul 2015, 00:33

Massive disappointment against Warrington, just did not turn up, just like against Hull Fc. Difference is that wire are a good team and made us pay.
Losing Gale was a real loss, if it was bad as a looked hope the offender misses the rest of the season (if it were reversed and it was a Cas player in the dock his season would be over
Positive note; we will definitely be in SL next season.

It could be worse. You could be a Hull KR, Widnes, Salford ha ha ha ha Reds, or wakie fan
cum on you Ford

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Jul 2015, 07:32

Another game where the team fell apart,your going to get games when things go against you the captain becomes important then keeping heads up,bad weather calls against you losing your main man i wonder if one or two of the players fancy those kinds of games quite as much..
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 27 Jul 2015, 09:27

Now we have Mc Shane we should interchange him with milner drop 1 kick Finn and put Roberts back in the halves. Why in wet weather did we not put the kicks on the floor or try for a 40-20? Even his high bomb is not high enough to allow our players to put pressure on the receiving player and he has no variation.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 27 Jul 2015, 10:57

The penalty kicking yesterday destroyed us from Warrington, O'Brien was getting really good distance on his penalty kicks to touch, really putting us on the back foot. Finn is lucky if we make 10 yeards on our penalty kicks - we dont kick it very far to gain any sort of advantage. Its diabolical.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Jul 2015, 12:46

johnson wrote:Now we have Mc Shane we should interchange him with milner drop 1 kick Finn and put Roberts back in the halves. Why in wet weather did we not put the kicks on the floor or try for a 40-20? Even his high bomb is not high enough to allow our players to put pressure on the receiving player and he has no variation.
I couldn't understand why we didn't try and kick along the floor more yesterday either, try and use the conditions!