widnes sunday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: widnes sunday

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jul 2015, 08:32

TheSheriff wrote:
Evatiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:We've just got to do the job sunday.
My heart says we cant lose, my head says it's possible.

So if dorn isn't playing as lurcher says, then it's as you are with the backs....picks it's self.
Would be good to see springer get a run, but who for.
In for Bailey maybe?
That's the obvious swap for me. Bailey gives away too many penalties and isn't match fit at all so in this weather...pick the guy who's lived in conditions similar all his life!
Bailey gives away too many penalties? Since he joined the team we've given away 44 penalties. Only 3 have come from Bailey. I know you hate certain players (Moore, Bailey) but let's put some accuracy into this discussion.

Over the same time frame:

Gale 6 pens given away
Lynch 5 pens given away
Milner 4 pens given away
Moore 4 pens given away
Mariano 3 pens given away
Finn 3 pens given away
Webster 3 pens given away.

He is no worse than the other squad members.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 03 Jul 2015, 08:43

I think we need to look at the full run in we have and use the squad accordingly.

I wouldn't change much in the backs if Dorn is injured but maybe give Millington on Lynch an additional week off, I thought Cook look good against Saints and would bring him in to start and Springer on the bench, next week is a massive game and a totally fresh Lynch or Millington could rip Hull apart.

I know its one game at a time some will say but if we want top 4 after 2 great results we need to plan how to use the players.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 03 Jul 2015, 10:24

HuddsTigers wrote:Without Dorn

Roberts
Solomona
Webster
Shenton
Carney
Finn
Gale
Lynch
Moore
Millington
Holmes
McMeeken
Massey

Cook
Moors
Springer
Milner

With Dorn

Dorn
Solomona
Webster
Shenton
Carney
Roberts
Gale
Lynch
Moore
Millington
Holmes
McMeeken
Massey

Cook
Moors
Springer
Milner
Let's be honest that's a bloody good team nowadays. ..2 more signings and we could be lifting the challenge Cup next year.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jul 2015, 10:38

HuddsTigers wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Evatiger wrote:

So if dorn isn't playing as lurcher says, then it's as you are with the backs....picks it's self.
In for Bailey maybe?
That's the obvious swap for me. Bailey gives away too many penalties and isn't match fit at all so in this weather...pick the guy who's lived in conditions similar all his life!
Bailey gives away too many penalties? Since he joined the team we've given away 44 penalties. Only 3 have come from Bailey. I know you hate certain players (Moore, Bailey) but let's put some accuracy into this discussion.

Gale 6 pens given away
Lynch 5 pens given away
Milner 4 pens given away
Moore 4 pens given away
Finn 3 pens given away

bailey looks like he could get himself in trouble that may cost us a game i think thats the point
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 03 Jul 2015, 11:22

tigerfeat wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Evatiger wrote:

In for Bailey maybe?

Gale 6 pens given away
Lynch 5 pens given away
Milner 4 pens given away
Moore 4 pens given away
Finn 3 pens given away

bailey looks like he could get himself in trouble that may cost us a game i think thats the point
Unless Bailey is commanding anything other than a low salary we should let him go.
Audacter Et Sincere

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 03 Jul 2015, 12:14

casyorkie wrote:I think we need to look at the full run in we have and use the squad accordingly.

I wouldn't change much in the backs if Dorn is injured but maybe give Millington on Lynch an additional week off, I thought Cook look good against Saints and would bring him in to start and Springer on the bench, next week is a massive game and a totally fresh Lynch or Millington could rip Hull apart.

I know its one game at a time some will say but if we want top 4 after 2 great results we need to plan how to use the players.
The last thing players want when running hot is resting.got to put yer best 17 out there every week for me.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 03 Jul 2015, 12:33

tigerfeat wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Evatiger wrote:

In for Bailey maybe?

Gale 6 pens given away
Lynch 5 pens given away
Milner 4 pens given away
Moore 4 pens given away
Finn 3 pens given away

In that respect, I think Carney is more of a liability than Bailey.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 03 Jul 2015, 13:49

Evatiger wrote:
casyorkie wrote:I think we need to look at the full run in we have and use the squad accordingly.

The last thing players want when running hot is resting.got to put yer best 17 out there every week for me.
its not always as black n white as that, i agree on paper id have dorn gale n roberts but the form of robert gale n finn is really good and bare in mind dorn hasn't played for some time now so all that has to be taken into account when dp makes his choice
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 03 Jul 2015, 13:57

At some point or another I would just seriously like to see Ben Roberts in one of the half back roles. He is just starting to come real good, and one of his real strengths is his short kicking game, something we have been missing badly. His short kick through for Webster's try v Saints is a typical example, and he looks as if he is just about to get it in real order. It could kill teams in these conditions we have got now, making them drop out etc.

Also, yes there is no doubt he has played well at full back, but IMO he does look though somewhat dodgy under the high ball and I still think there is a mishap or disaster waiting to happen there, depending on the game it happens in.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 03 Jul 2015, 14:22

Evatiger wrote:

We need to look at the season not this game we should be in a place now where we have confidence to rest a player here and there I do not mean people like gale but rotating props and people with little niggles will leave us strong at the end of the season and hopefully our season will not end like it did last year.

Personally seeing the squad declared id not play Finn and rest Lynch unless another player has a niggle

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 03 Jul 2015, 15:18

orrsome wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Evatiger wrote:

In for Bailey maybe?

for me, something like:
Roberts
Carney
Shenton
Webster
Solomona
Finn
Gale
Lynch
Milner
Millington
McMeeken
Holmes
Moore

Dorn
Springer
Massey
Cook

It's something different but it's a way to fit the players in.
I heard that Dorn is not in the 17 so wouldn't be on the bench anyway.
I sack the person who told you this!!!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 03 Jul 2015, 15:37

HuddsTigers wrote: I know you hate certain players (Bailey) but let's put some accuracy into this discussion.
Ok, let's put some accuracy into the discussion. You'll find I was one of the few people (if not only person) to actually defend the signing of Bailey on here.

But since he's arrived he just hasn't been good enough IMO to warrant a place in the team at this point.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 03 Jul 2015, 15:44

Fumper27 wrote:
orrsome wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Evatiger wrote:

In for Bailey maybe?

for me, something like:
Roberts
Carney
Shenton
Webster
Solomona
Finn
Gale
Lynch
Milner
Millington
McMeeken
Holmes
Moore

Dorn
Springer
Massey
Cook

It's something different but it's a way to fit the players in.
I heard that Dorn is not in the 17 so wouldn't be on the bench anyway.
I sack the person who told you this!!!
lurcher wrote:powell has just said that dorn is out but gadwin could be in.
Not only me who heard this.....

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 03 Jul 2015, 16:43

Bengal wrote:At some point or another I would just seriously like to see Ben Roberts in one of the half back roles. He is just starting to come real good, and one of his real strengths is his short kicking game, something we have been missing badly. His short kick through for Webster's try v Saints is a typical example, and he looks as if he is just about to get it in real order. It could kill teams in these conditions we have got now, making them drop out etc.

Also, yes there is no doubt he has played well at full back, but IMO he does look though somewhat dodgy under the high ball and I still think there is a mishap or disaster waiting to happen there, depending on the game it happens in.
I don't think he looks any more dodgy under the high ball than Dorn.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jul 2015, 18:59

TheSheriff wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote: I know you hate certain players (Bailey) but let's put some accuracy into this discussion.
Ok, let's put some accuracy into the discussion. You'll find I was one of the few people (if not only person) to actually defend the signing of Bailey on here.

But since he's arrived he just hasn't been good enough IMO to warrant a place in the team at this point.
Good enough is a different argument to he gives away too many penalties, which is a misnomer.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Allerton eskimo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Allerton eskimo » 04 Jul 2015, 16:35

Bengal wrote:At some point or another I would just seriously like to see Ben Roberts in one of the half back roles. He is just starting to come real good, and one of his real strengths is his short kicking game, something we have been missing badly. His short kick through for Webster's try v Saints is a typical example, and he looks as if he is just about to get it in real order. It could kill teams in these conditions we have got now, making them drop out etc.

Absolutely! We bought him as a half and he remains a half!
Don't forget he's been caught out of position more than once - that's not a criticism of the guy by the way - just making my point. He has his confidence now - get him playing in his natural position. A fit dorn is far to good to leave out of the starting 13 IMO

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 04 Jul 2015, 18:29

A vital game we need to win and should win!!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 05 Jul 2015, 10:57

Allerton eskimo wrote:
Absolutely! We bought him as a half
So was Dorn. Let's not forget he wore 6 last year

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 05 Jul 2015, 12:11

Squaddie86 wrote:
Allerton eskimo wrote:
Absolutely! We bought him as a half
So was Dorn. Let's not forget he wore 6 last year
Leon pryce wore number 3 at catalan and played in halves,numbers mean nowt

Reckon we'll see roberts start at stand off today
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 05 Jul 2015, 12:47

the machine wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:
Allerton eskimo wrote: numbers mean nowt
I agree. That's why I think it's best to keep playing Roberts at fullback where he's been most effective for us.