Greg Minikin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Greg Minikin

Post by Aid » 23 Jun 2015, 20:30

HuddsTigers wrote:I dont think we need to replace Tansey.

Tansey - Minikin
Channing - Crooks
Webster - Pomeroy
Wheeldon - Springer

With Dorn, Roberts, Solomona and Robson, we have enough cover for full back.

Solomona, Carney, Clare, Robson and Gibson can cover wing.

This would give us Shenny, Pomeroy, Crooks, Gibson and Minikin for centre.

Halves, run with what we have with this season.

Give Gibson and Massey new deals.
Getting Nathan Massey signed up on a long deal should be a priority. He has been outstanding all season.
cum on you Ford

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 23 Jun 2015, 22:39

Didn't Gill say on Radio Leeds that we weren't signing 30 year Old + Aussies we were looking at developing potential.

Surely this would rule Pomeroy out

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 23 Jun 2015, 23:03

TigerB33 wrote:Didn't Gill say on Radio Leeds that we weren't signing 30 year Old + Aussies we were looking at developing potential.

Would rather keep Jake
cum on you Ford

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 24 Jun 2015, 09:33

TigerB33 wrote:Didn't Gill say on Radio Leeds that we weren't signing 30 year Old + Aussies we were looking at developing potential.

Hope so!!

I just don't get this "apparant" love-in with Ben Pomeroy - I've never really been that impressed with him, he is far, far too slow to be considered a top class centre - my opinion anyway.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 24 Jun 2015, 18:02

The Fox wrote:

Hope so!!

I just don't get this "apparant" love-in with Ben Pomeroy - I've never really been that impressed with him, he is far, far too slow to be considered a top class centre - my opinion anyway.
What your seeing in Pomeroy's form at the dragons is about as good as it gets with him, he's never been top drawer at any point in his career, at the age of 31 we should be staying well clear IMO.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Jun 2015, 19:56

Could McMeeken be an option at centre as a replacement for Webster?.

He's mobile & got size like Webster (and bigger than Gibson,Channing etc), and think he is familiar with the position as he played it a few times at London?.

One thing though none of the potential replacements for Jake can match is his ability to slip a pass out in seemingly impossible positions. THAT pass to Dixon in the Quarter final last year springs to mind! :)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Jun 2015, 20:29

think you're right duke street, mcmeekan could play centre but is form is so good now in the forwards it would be a backwards step to move him. the kid has potential to really step up next year.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 24 Jun 2015, 20:58

McMeeken would be one of the last players I would move at the moment, he is playing really well. I also don't think we should take the backwards step of putting a square peg in a round hole, like we used to do. If we need a centre lets sign or play a centre - not start moving players around ala Millward.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 25 Jun 2015, 10:52

Andrew6666 wrote:McMeeken would be one of the last players I would move at the moment, he is playing really well. I also don't think we should take the backwards step of putting a square peg in a round hole, like we used to do. If we need a centre lets sign or play a centre - not start moving players around ala Millward.
I have to agree. I have suggested on here a few times in the past about moving McMeeken to centre as he started his career in that position, but his recent form in the back row has been so good that I don't think that we can move him now.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 25 Jun 2015, 11:29

No and I think big Frankie would be a better option there but only as cover not a front line centre. Let's play people in there first choice position.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Jun 2015, 08:14

Id rarther have inu than pommeroy
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi