Hands Up ......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Hands Up ......

Post by usacas » 20 Jun 2015, 09:47

..... those fans who a few weeks ago thought we would beat Leeds away & Saints at home. Certainly not me, need to have a bit more faith in the team now. Two fantastic performances, highlight of the year so far.

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Hands Up ......

Post by tigerforever » 20 Jun 2015, 11:30

A few weeks ago when I looked at the next fixtures Hull K R away/Leeds away/Saints home I didnt see a win and would happily have settled for 1 win just to keep us in it. What do i know. :-#

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 20 Jun 2015, 12:53

tigerforever wrote:A few weeks ago when I looked at the next fixtures Hull K R away/Leeds away/Saints home I didnt see a win and would happily have settled for 1 win just to keep us in it. What do i know. :-#
I thought this ^^^^ aswell lets home we dont go an spoil it by losing to Widnes
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 22 Jun 2015, 07:47

I was thinking maybe 1 win out of the last 3... but by winning all 3 of them, its made the Widnes game massive for us now. If we have any aspirations of making waves this year, we HAVE to beat them.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Jun 2015, 15:28

widnes have a hard semi final next week and we've got a rest.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jun 2015, 17:58

lurcher wrote:widnes have a hard semi final next week and we've got a rest.
It's a quarter final old timer!!!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Jun 2015, 18:13

Cas of old WOULD lose against Widnes. They'll be absolutely desperate to win.
Audacter Et Sincere

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 23 Jun 2015, 01:20

With wins v Leeds and saints as made the game v Widnes even bigger than those 2 games.widnes will be desperate and will hope to spoil our rytham.i just hope it isn't a case of"after the lords mayors show"and we come out full of confidence and blow them off the park.coyf

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 23 Jun 2015, 06:14

Evatiger wrote:With wins v Leeds and saints as made the game v Widnes even bigger than those 2 games.widnes will be desperate and will hope to spoil our rytham.i just hope it isn't a case of"after the lords mayors show"and we come out full of confidence and blow them off the park.coyf
I just cannot see Widnes living with us at home with the nic were in right now, the confidence in the dressing room must be through the roof, they have a tough cup 1/4 final to look forward too this weekend, whilst our boys have their feet up, not forgetting they gave us a touch up at their place, we owe them big style, I'm expecting a comfortable win this time.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 23 Jun 2015, 06:17

From the OP i thought it was a tribute to Ottowan.

...... Baby, hands up, gimme you heart, gimme, gimme your heart .....

Great memories from 1981 as a 17 year old managing to get into a nightclub in Blackpool and trying to impress the lasses by doing the dance moves to this and 'it feels like i'm in love' by Kelly Marie.

I failed miserably :(

P.S. What was the name of the 70's/80's nightclub in Cas that was down a side street off Carlton Street. I seemed to remember I used to collect my season ticket from a shop next door to the nightclub.

Simon1967
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Simon1967 » 23 Jun 2015, 06:43

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:P.S. What was the name of the 70's/80's nightclub in Cas that was down a side street off Carlton Street. I seemed to remember I used to collect my season ticket from a shop next door to the nightclub.
Kiosk I think
Last edited by Sigon on 23 Jun 2015, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 23 Jun 2015, 08:05

Was it the kiosk night club?

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 23 Jun 2015, 08:10

Simon1967 wrote:
Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:P.S. What was the name of the 70's/80's nightclub in Cas that was down a side street off Carlton Street. I seemed to remember I used to collect my season ticket from a shop next door to the nightclub.
Kiosk I think
Yes it was definitely the Kiosk
Last edited by Sigon on 23 Jun 2015, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
Danny Boy

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 23 Jun 2015, 10:00

I can't chip in on Ottowan or long since closed night spots.

BUT, I completely agree with the middle of this thread, wins against Leeds and Saints only matter if you take care of games against the teams around or below you. So if those two wins are to count for anything at the end of the season, we have to beat Widnes.
It wont be easy, they're not a poor side, anyone can beat anyone on the day. Huge game.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Jun 2015, 10:36

We will beat Widnes.

Hull away is a tough call as they are hitting some form, but without Pryce and Sneyd we can do it.

Wakey away, got all the hallmarks of a loss and we'll have to start well and be prepared for a battle.

Wire at home, home win and this will take us nicely into the playoffs in battle mode!

We finish 4th, and reach the last 4 play-offs.

*The Jester*

Post by *The Jester* » 23 Jun 2015, 12:29

Good afternoon everyone,

I think we can win our remaining games in the 23. Of all of them I see a resurgent Wakefield as the potential banana skin and we'll need to be on toes for that one.

We have a good shot at making 4th place by the end of the 23 games. It's definitely a worthy aim as it would give us 4 home games in the Super 8s versus 3 if we finish 5th to 8th.

Yours in sport,
The Jester

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 23 Jun 2015, 12:31

mart0042 wrote:We will beat Widnes.

Hull away is a tough call as they are hitting some form, but without Pryce and Sneyd we can do it.

Wakey away, got all the hallmarks of a loss and we'll have to start well and be prepared for a battle.

Wire at home, home win and this will take us nicely into the playoffs in battle mode!

If that all comes off, which it could I would be a happy bunny.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 23 Jun 2015, 14:26

We need to amass as many points as possible before the big split, especially with all those points being carried forward. Our Wakey, Widnes, Warrington and Hull points meaning just as much as if they had been gained playing Leeds or Wigan, in fact they now have much greater significance, as it's not just the league position after 23 rounds, in the bigger picture those points could take us into play off semi finals, so every game is a must win game.
Old Trafford here we come!
COYF
Danny Boy

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 23 Jun 2015, 16:18

mart0042 wrote:We will beat Widnes.

I think we'll lose to Widnes.

If they lose to Saints (and they probably will) in the CC QF, then they'll be hungry to right the ship. They're just a little behind in the fight for the top 8 (point behind and the teams above them all have a game in hand - although they won't by the time our game rolls round) and will see the game as a "must win".

Meanwhile we shall be coming off 16 days without a game - Whilst I expect Daryl Powell will prepare the team well for the game, I think it's impossible to keep 100% of your momentum with such a long break.

Of course, the flip side of the argument is that they could be coming into the game with low morale having been beaten by Saints, and we're going in with a fully rested team and players back from injury.

It all depends on outlook - I'm so much of a pessimist that I don't even see the glass as half full, I just see beer that'll probably get spilled anyway.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 23 Jun 2015, 23:58

o