Video ref's

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Video ref's

Post by mystery » 22 May 2015, 07:31

fumper27 and Black n Amber spot on with your comments, last week Cas had no one to blame but themselves, last night if they had played brilliant they still wouldn't have won,so everyone else stop making them the scapegoats, it was all down to the ref/video refs, on reflection the RFL must have been mad last year Cas getting to Wembley and finishing fourth, we let ourselves down last week, but last night they made sure we would get no way near 4th.

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 22 May 2015, 07:34

Jeasus people we weren't that bad in the second half. Your been harsh. I get we have lost momentum in attack. The offside thing yes he allowed to happen but we were also. The laying on and video descsion and the way SL officials perceive the new try not try ruling was at fault here. DP has also said you are not allowed to be honest in this game anymore so he will keep his mouth shut. CAS and the team were not to blame from this loss. I was there and came home and watched it again on TV. Like someone has said on here and I did in a previous post it's the sport and game not CAS that I am fed up with catalan game away and now this are the two biggest games that should have been ours but have been lost by the officials poor game management.
Train hard, fight easy (simple)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2015, 07:36

Tbf the whole team arnt playing well.

they lack desire and passion.
there confidence is shot and we now have got into a rut of losing. Which will be hard to shake off.

getting shocking decisions against them last night must make them think why do we bother.

until ref's are accountable its going to continue.

hard team to follow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hard team to follow » 22 May 2015, 08:21

The decisions last night I am not sure about the first so I do understand why he gave it under new ruling the second was just corrupt end off no excuses it was never a try.
But the fact is were papering over the cracks we are not playing well our forwards are not getting on top and the backs are looking slow we are carrying Liam Finn and Jordon Tansey and only have 1 centre and 1 winger making impossible to win games.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 May 2015, 09:15

Except that we only lost last night on the back of three poor decisions which led to tries against the team who were fourth, and if they hadn't been given we would now be fourth. I don't disagree that we are not at our best, but we scored three really good tries against the best defence in the league, none of which needed checking. We were robbed of a hard fought win against a top team.
I found it particularly ironic as there were echoes of the game that ultimately defined last season.
In the home game against Saints, Huby cost us the game when he dropped the ball under the posts, when it would have taken us out of reach and then last night's video ref refused to refer the last match winning 'try' upstairs when there was a clear knock on in the build up. I know he claimed to be 'gutted' for his incompetence, but Saints got two points and we didn't . They won the title and played in the World Club Challenge. Ben Thaler's reward was to preside over another travesty and possibly cost us a place in the top 8. Wonderful.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 22 May 2015, 09:24

Fact is we were robbed last night, I left the game annoyed and still feel hurt this morning. I have never minded losing to a better team but the decisions last night were shocking !! Yes we aren't playing that well, and confidence is suffering, but I thought we did enough to get something out of the game, and if we had then hopefully we would have kicked on from there. We are missing key players , but i thought the effort was there , we just lack ideas and penetration. As for Tansey to be fair the thought he did ok, he was tested with a lot of bombs and took em well under pressure.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 22 May 2015, 09:48

It was a disgrace. If Castleford fail to make the 8 by two points the blame surely falls at the feet of the referees tonight. Guessing as a club we will just roll over and take it like we always seem to do.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 22 May 2015, 10:02

The below has nothing to do with our performance as a team which was poor.

There comes a point in time where someone has to stand up and say 'this isnt working'. I think that the club should come out and make a statement publicly about officiating during matches and how accountable the referees are. At the current time the referees are able to make whatever decision they like without any repercussions. If Cas did make a stand I am sure other clubs would stand with them on the matter as we have seen some shocking decisions this year. I sometimes think we are too nice of a club and dont want to ruffle feathers. I am sure if this happened to Leeds on a weekly basis, McDermott would harp on about it publicly and so would Hetherington. We just sit quiet and continue to be shafted.

I dont like moaning about refs decisions on here (I also think that the shouts for offside during games could go either way so I see those as 50/50 - yes, Cas are as bad as the opposition at it too). But the video refs decisions were poor at best, the fact that Silverwood gave the decision of try for 2 of Huddersfields tries before passing it to Thaler when he couldnt see anything, yet when it was our tries, he gave the decision of 'no try' both times. Sometimes this game absolutely reeks of bias and indecision, the arrogance of these refs is becoming a real problem in the game as they seem to be trying to make names for themselves. I watched Steve Ganson drive down Wheldon Road after the game last night and nearly knock people down in his car. The RFL really need to sort this as decisions are ruining games - I know human error is always going to creep in, therefore you do expect a degree of error. However, multiple errors is just too much.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2015, 10:03

DP said it all on yorkshire radio.
if you haven't heard it have a listen.
dont know how he managed to keep control of his emotions. He was calm and put over his point about officials in the game.

have a listen.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 22 May 2015, 10:10

Well I've just watched the highlights this morning. Couldn't watch full match cos it failed on sky plus last night because it clashed with bloody Scott and bailey.while I was at work. And no it wasn't Me who chose Scott and bailey over case lol. Anyway obviously highlights don't give a full reflection of the game but it's simple. I make 2 of their tries no tries. Huby knocked on an bug eorl never got to the white wash. Not sure about the one where Denny got tackled without the ball. But I make it 18 to 12 to cas and if Roberts no try stood it should have been 24 to 12 to cas. It's funny how silverwood called theirs a try before going upstairs and ours a no try when in full speed Roberts looked more the likely scorer. Anyway you make your own luck in this life. Oh wait a minute not if you have tigers in your name and the RFL are involved. Disgusting

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 22 May 2015, 10:17

old cas lass wrote:DP said it all on yorkshire radio.
dont know how he managed to keep control of his emotions. He was calm and put over his point about officials in the game.

have a listen.
Have you got a link?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2015, 10:34

chesterfieldtiger wrote:

have a listen.
Have you got a link?
I'm on my phone and dont know how to do links.
when i get on my comp i'll do it unless someone else does it.
if you are on twitter follow yorkshire radio its in there.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 22 May 2015, 11:39

chesterfieldtiger wrote:

have a listen.
Have you got a link?
http://www.radioyorkshire.co.uk/

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 22 May 2015, 11:53

Great link cheers for that ! Says it all really . :roll: .... Magic weekend cant come soon enough for me,

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 22 May 2015, 12:13

Our 'on field officials' , and I use the word loosely are without doubt the poorest set in professional sport in the UK.

I hate saying this but this the RFL should take a leaf out of the RU's method of officiating matches. Even though I cannot abide the game they have got the TMO (Video Refs) system spot on.

They use it for any foul play in the game at all times, the ref's continually communicate with his the line-side officials, they are not afraid to dismiss players for foul play whoever it is (Dylan Hartley), thus avoiding the 'on report farce, for offences the punishment is far, far more severe than RL and rightly so.

They seem to have better camera angles and usually come up with the correct decision. The refs seem to be more 'professional' in the way the go about officiating matches and why why do our refs have to have a 'head cam'. which makes them look like something out of Star Trek, RU ref's have cameras on attached to their shirt.

Another 'innovation' is that they use the cameras for forward passes, although I'm not convinced of the use of this to tell is a pass IS forward or not.

Players and coaches in our game, RL, are subjected to sanctions for poor performance, a player can be dropped a coach can be sacked, yet there appears to be little in the way a poorly preforming ref can be reprimanded. Last night we had FOUR SL referees in attendance, Silverwood, Childs, Hicks (on the touchline) and Thaler (VR) yet the game time officialdom was absolutely, and unequivecably abysmal.
It's about time Joe public, in watching RL, is rewarded with some decent, unbiased, COMPETENT officiating
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 May 2015, 12:26

if the ref makes the calls in a none telivised game you take it on the chin,for a video ref to do it twice hes either not fit for purpose or does it because he favours one side over the other
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 22 May 2015, 12:29

baldtiger wrote:Great link cheers for that ! Says it all really . :roll: .... Magic weekend cant come soon enough for me,
DP sounds REALLY pi**ed off. You can tell that he wants to have a rant but is scared that him and Cas will be punished if he says what he thinks.
I really do think that the RFL / Sky / are pressuring the officials to manipulate results with the aim of having the 'bigger' clubs finish in the top league positions.
It defies logic that FOUR Superleague officials can be so inept during last night's match and perform so badly that they make bad decisions, missing obvious transgressions and allow several members of a team to question so many decisions without action - unless there is bias throughout.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 22 May 2015, 12:38

obviously shocking match officials again,but we still were pretty poor again in attack.ben roberts probally had his best game for us. injuries getting big problem,be lucky to finish in top 8 in my view. For next year i dont think we need major surgery but need to ofload some players who arnt good enough.daryl powell still the best coach. TO SUM IT UP WE CAN COMPETE BUT WE WOULD NEED TO HAVE EVERY PLAYER AVAILABLE AND NO INJURIES AND THIS IS NEVER GONA HAPPEN.SO SQUAD NEEDS STRENTHENING NEXT YEAR.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 May 2015, 12:44

Should have replaced kirk dixon.
we wouldn't be struggling for center/wingers.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 22 May 2015, 13:15

I think everything has been said about the VR last night: the Huby try was marginal - come on, Tansey is fairly quick but not quick enough to rip the ball out intentionally like that in a split second, and the second try to me was incorrect. I mean you can accept one very debatable VR decision going against you but 2?

And as usual Phil Clarke was talking his usual rubbish (surprised he didn't mention Wigan) in the second half when a Cas player lost the ball and it was incorrectly given as a penalty for two men in the tackle when in reality it was one on one, Clarke then piped up "Castleford cannot complain now it has been evened up." How is getting a dodgy penalty on halfway comparable to conceding 6 points?!!

Away from all that, we were poor in the first half but that second half was one of those periods where you can see things starting to click a bit more, we have seen it in the past when we have gone on a bad run for a number of matches then were very unlucky to not get something out of the game and then the next game we are back to winning ways. Shenton looked like the player of last season in the second half and our forwards - Millington in particular - ran themselves into the ground. Jewitt needs to cut out the penalties though.

However our halfbacks must be the most out of form in Superleague apart from perhaps Tim Smith. Things just aren't going for Luke Gale, I have been a fan of Liam Finn in the past but I am afraid he wasn't up to standard in the second half and Ben Roberts for whatever reason doesn't seem with it at halfback, one he was put at hooker/fullback he played much better.

I saw enough in the second half to suggest we are getting over our slump, next up is Wakefield who should have a new coach by then and should be a bit more fired up, any kind of solid win over them will do then we can move forward.