Video ref's

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Re: Video ref's

Post by jackknife » 23 May 2015, 08:29

Huby knocked on 1st try
McGillvier got a finger to knock on 2nd try
Taia should never have got ball down with 4men on him, 3rd try
Crabtree put ball on foot then rolled other it in a 2nd movement for last try

3of those tries at very least were 50/50 calls all going against us the other was poor defence
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 23 May 2015, 10:34

I didn't see the game as i was working and so can't comment on the controversial Hudds trys.

I just hope the issue with the video ref will stir the players up for next week. We have been lucky that the Friday nights results went in our favour.

I still cannot bring myself to hope Wakey do us a favour tomorrow,if they win it would put wind in their sails for next Sunday :shock:

tigerforever
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerforever » 23 May 2015, 14:53

I think I am going to disagree with most on here about the game. Firstly I dont agree with all the comments about how we are so poor and apparently half the team are not trying and several should be dropped. Hudds have made themselves a regular top 4 team which is something we aspire to and they just beat us on the back of getting most of the critcal calls. We are having it tough at the moment with injuries, form and luck but were competitive inspite of all that.

With regard to the tries well i did not mind the Huby call as the ball was stripped (whether delibrate or not) and Huby still got it down. Thought Solomona was defo impeded though after he dropped it but i could see why it was given. Crabtrees was just plain wrong in every way.

I see Tansey and Finn copping the usual stick while I thought they both did ok. We showed enough to think we are going to compete for the rest of the season IMO.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 May 2015, 17:32

I agree with all of that, except the Huby try. No strip

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 23 May 2015, 18:12

yeah, Tansey pulled Huby's hand away from the ball to force a knock in it wasn't a ball steal.

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 24 May 2015, 10:16

Tigerforever finally someone seen what I seen. Wee weren't that poor, we were good Enough to win that game. I dare say all our first teamers and hudds with have been rolled.
Train hard, fight easy (simple)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2015, 11:21

TheSheriff wrote:yeah, Tansey pulled Huby's hand away from the ball to force a knock in it wasn't a ball steal.
Correct.
That's what you call a lose carry happens lots in games and the ball carry is the one who is to blame.
Unless, its a against cas and the ref/video ref as an agenda.

fred vargas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fred vargas » 24 May 2015, 14:27

What I still find galling 3 days after the event is Silverwood's inconsistency in referring the Robert's grounding as 'no try' but Crabtree's as 'try. Oh...and less significantly he wasn't interested when the screen showed the ball went loose from a Hudds foot in the ruck but he later clocked pictures of a dodgy Cas tackle long after the incident.

As regards our performance, it didn't merit victory but Hudds are among the hardest to beat and at the end of the day we scored 3 well crafted tries while they got 3 falling over the line and one from a kick. Had our pack given us even a bit more front foot we may well have pinched it. For that reason when it comes to looking for people to drop guys like Holmes (one of my favourite players) who are struggling to make the advantage line must be in the firing line. Trouble is there's no immediate replacement.....don't get me started on Moors who seemed to make fewer yards on the field at Hull than when he was on the exercise bike. Same applies in the backs where Shenny has been poor since the Widnes game and Roberts remains an enigma yet the likes of Finn and Tansey cop the flack while at least giving it an honest go.

As for criticism of Powell, all that will achieve is lessen his resolve when bigger clubs come calling. Some Wire fans are already proposing him as a successor to Smith and does anyone seriously think we could attract a replacement of anything like the same calibre.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2015, 15:17

I don't believe Powell will go anywhere if he did i think Danny orr would do a great job as head coach
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 26 May 2015, 19:39

jackknife wrote:Huby knocked on 1st try
McGillvier got a finger to knock on 2nd try
Taia should never have got ball down with 4men on him, 3rd try
Crabtree put ball on foot then rolled other it in a 2nd movement for last try

3of those tries at very least were 50/50 calls all going against us the other was poor defence
I would add that Ferres' play the ball directly before the Ukuma Ta'ai was illegal. I thought the player had to face the opponents line at the ptb, he was facing the touchline & I've seen players penalised for much lesser incorrect play the balls.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 29 May 2015, 15:58

Just watched boots n all recording where the 4 officials stated that both tries being debated were definite tries. Now these are supposedly 4 of the best officials in Superleague but with decisions like those made last Thursday, Rugby League is now being made a laughing stock. Not only did it cost Castleford 2 valuable points, it has also popped up the question how many Bets went down with their inaptitude. My next door neighbour not a rugby man but a gambler say's it lost him a good pick up, he said ' it is getting as bent as greyhound racing this rugby'. Wonder if Sepp Blatter is getting involved. Never mind we hopefully have a good and fair up and coming young ref on Sunday.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 May 2015, 16:01

fast hands wrote: Never mind we hopefully have a good and fair up and coming young ref on Sunday.
Unless his bosses have had a quiet word in his ear ;)

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 29 May 2015, 20:42

Notice how they bottled out of doing ask the ref on Twitter again this week? :lol:

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 31 May 2015, 15:20

TheSheriff wrote:Notice how they bottled out of doing ask the ref on Twitter again this week? :lol:
I noticed how the video refs ineptitude helped Huddersfield out again today. Catalans badly done to I think.

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 31 May 2015, 15:27

I noticed the video ref said Ferris was held up when he looked to have put the ball down short then loose the ball. Makes me wonder if a try would have been given if ref said try instead of no try!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 31 May 2015, 15:38

drleftie wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:Notice how they bottled out of doing ask the ref on Twitter again this week? :lol:
I noticed how the video refs ineptitude helped Huddersfield out again today. Catalans badly done to I think.
Maybe if catalan had bothered to turn up in first 60 minutes the video ref wouldnt of been an issue
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 31 May 2015, 20:55

So what did you think about Solomona's try or no try. At full speed it looked Ok. Slow motion you just couldn't tell.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 31 May 2015, 20:57

GThornton wrote:So what did you think about Solomona's try or no try. At full speed it looked Ok. Slow motion you just couldn't tell.
It should have been a try because it should have been sent up as one. You could also see a shadow at all times which means his foot never touched the white line.

The touch judge called it but his view was obstructed by the Wakefield player so the only way the TJ could have said he was in touch is by guessing.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 31 May 2015, 21:13

Try every day of the week, his foot was in the air and never touched the line, but the camera that would have proved it was obscured by the touch judge that took the guess in the first place!

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 31 May 2015, 21:23

I am fed up with this arse rule... If you see a ball grounded it has to be sent up as a try. It's madness....... It's getting a joke.
Train hard, fight easy (simple)