Let's play a game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Webby

Let's play a game

Post by Webby » 19 May 2015, 20:58

How about we don't berate the club and / or players on things they have done or haven't done before we know whether they have indeed done or not done the things they're berated for.

Recent examples of such:

Slagging off the club for signing Matty Dawson

Slagging off the medical team over injurys - even someone in the same field couldn't comment without knowing the FACTS

Slagging off the club for fixture changes and when the changes are announced. - common sense dictates the announcement has been made as soon as possible, it's annoying but get over it.

yes we are all disappointed by recent results, or the perceived lack of interest by some players, but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. Don't go searching for reasons that arent there. The club is having some bad luck with injurys, and a poor run of form. End of.

Sometimes us fans just need to have some blind faith and leave the rumours, rubbish and unfounded speculation to the journalists.

Maybe this forum needs a category for confirmed news and other interesting Facts....that, I might enjoy reading.

jackknife
Verified

Re: Let's play a game

Post by jackknife » 19 May 2015, 21:02

Wheres the fun in that
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 May 2015, 21:29

Webby wrote: Maybe this forum needs a category for confirmed news and other interesting Facts....that, I might enjoy reading.
They have....it's titled "The Rumour Mill"!!!

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 May 2015, 21:31

I think the past showing blind faith makes a lot of people sceptical after where we ended up yes last year we made some big strides but we can't rest on that we have to keep pushing the standard and striving for more as fans, as the club and as players a big worry is we don't seem to be doing that for some reason and to me it all feels abit like dejavu but we beat hudds then the feelings will change once again it's the joys of been a supporter and been on the cas roller coaster.

Allerton eskimo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Allerton eskimo » 19 May 2015, 22:31

Webby wrote:How about we don't berate the club and / or players on things they have done or haven't done before we know whether they have indeed done or not done the things they're berated for.

Recent examples of such:

Slagging off the medical team over injurys - even someone in the same field couldn't comment without knowing the FACTS

Slagging off the club for fixture changes and when the changes are announced. - common sense dictates the announcement has been made as soon as possible, it's annoying but get over it.

yes we are all disappointed by recent results, or the perceived lack of interest by some players, but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. Don't go searching for reasons that arent there. The club is having some bad luck with injurys, and a poor run of form. End of.

Sometimes us fans just need to have some blind faith and leave the rumours, rubbish and unfounded speculation to the journalists.

Maybe this forum needs a category for confirmed news and other interesting Facts....that, I might enjoy reading.

The game is called ' let's not go on a forum where people might share views and exchange opinions'

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 20 May 2015, 09:32

Webby wrote: Sometimes us fans just need to have some blind faith and leave the rumours, rubbish and unfounded speculation to the journalists.
Because having blind faith in the Club has worked out so well in the recent past hasn't it?!

Webby

Post by Webby » 20 May 2015, 12:07

Allerton eskimo wrote:
Webby wrote:How about we don't berate the club and / or players on things they have done or haven't done before we know whether they have indeed done or not done the things they're berated for.

Recent examples of such:

The game is called ' let's not go on a forum where people might share views and exchange opinions'
Perhaps some sort of IQ test to determine who can express their opinion and who can't then. :-)

Webby

Post by Webby » 20 May 2015, 12:09

Shameless wrote:
Webby wrote: Sometimes us fans just need to have some blind faith and leave the rumours, rubbish and unfounded speculation to the journalists.
Because having blind faith in the Club has worked out so well in the recent past hasn't it?!
Your right, it's much better to put down all involved at the club isn't it.

Webby

Post by Webby » 20 May 2015, 12:14

In all seriousness, the opinions exchanged on here have become more and more negative, yes there's freedom of speech and all that rubbish often spouted, but when the negative comments are about stuff that just isn't correct anyway it becomes very tiresome

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 20 May 2015, 12:24

Webby wrote:In all seriousness, the opinions exchanged on here have become more and more negative, yes there's freedom of speech and all that rubbish often spouted, but when the negative comments are about stuff that just isn't correct anyway it becomes very tiresome
Well given we have only scored 14 points in our last 2 games and conceeded over 70, injuries to key attacking players and the fringe players not really stepping up and our major signing still settling in after 4 months into the season.

I would say all of the above is correct. Put a positve spin on that!

Webby

Post by Webby » 20 May 2015, 12:49

duke street 10 wrote:
Webby wrote:In all seriousness, the opinions exchanged on here have become more and more negative, yes there's freedom of speech and all that rubbish often spouted, but when the negative comments are about stuff that just isn't correct anyway it becomes very tiresome
Well given we have only scored 14 points in our last 2 games and conceeded over 70, injuries to key attacking players and the fringe players not really stepping up and our major signing still settling in after 4 months into the season.

I would say all of the above is correct. Put a positve spin on that!
I don't need to put a positive spin on that, it's all fact.
That was not my point..

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 20 May 2015, 16:34

If it wasnt for fans fury Richard Wright would still be in charge and Milward would still be coach. We wouldnt have got to the Challenge Cup final and we would be in a similar position to where Wakey are now or even worse. Alf was our hero and our leader, where is he when we so badly need him again?

Webby

Post by Webby » 20 May 2015, 19:23

casfanfromcov wrote:If it wasnt for fans fury Richard Wright would still be in charge and Milward would still be coach. We wouldnt have got to the Challenge Cup final and we would be in a similar position to where Wakey are now or even worse. Alf was our hero and our leader, where is he when we so badly need him again?
I agree, and again my rant wasn't objecting to fans disapproval of anything that was fact on the whole, it was about numerous threads moaning at the club for things they haven't even done, or at the very least not officially announced. But I've made my point, rightly or wrongly. Il go back to lurking in the wings now

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 21 May 2015, 09:28

Webby, I do see your point - it's frustrating when people go postal over issues that turn out not to be true.

Thing is it's a forum - as with life in general there will be sensible people, people who like to speculate and the odd person who seems to just randomly punch the keyboard and lick their monitor. It's all part of the fun and not something to get wound up by - you can soon work out who to trust and who to ignore.