Magnificent Support

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Magnificent Support

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 18 May 2015, 23:41

SuffolkTiger wrote:I love our club and it's been a part of my life for many years. Throughout that time I've seen a number of squads constructed that went on to play great rugby and win things.

I often thought that the town didn't always respond and really get behind the team and turn out in numbers.

What I saw yesterday was the polar opposite of that. In comparison to the number of fans who made the effort, that performance was unacceptable. We looked like we had already played (and lost) a game in the morning and then walked to Hull.

We all know we've got injuries and a few players not in their chosen positions but that does not excuse so many basic errors and what came across as a lack of passion against a bottom 4 side.

The directors need to have in their minds every day that supporters will think twice about turning up unless they are confident they will see an 80 minutes where the team is competing and every player is fit for purpose - that wasn't the case yesterday.

If SG (who I admire) appreciates me travelling 400+ miles & spend over £100 to come and back my team he needs to be crystal clear that he has to do his bit and be part of giving me reason to do it again. I can handle a defeat but we got dismantled and embarrassed by an average side yesterday.

Well done to everyone who travelled yesterday. It was a great effort. The Hull fans I spoke to were blown away by our support.
Hi Suffolk Tiger. Strange question, but you weren't by chance stood next to a big lad with a beard, with his Dad? I remember a chap with a Southern accent, who said we looked like we had already played. You are certainly one committed fan!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Magnificent Support

Post by SuffolkTiger » 19 May 2015, 04:40

Morning! Yes, that's me. Once it's in your blood and all that......