Jewitt

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
chodbin
Academy Player
Academy Player

Jewitt

Post by chodbin » 13 Apr 2015, 16:19

Well there's no charge for his shoulder charge

http://www.therfl.co.uk/the-rfl/disciplinary/item?6207

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Jewitt

Post by yorky » 13 Apr 2015, 16:25

pleased with that, I thought he could have picked up 1 match.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Apr 2015, 16:48

Not one player as been called up in round 10....is that a first.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Apr 2015, 17:03

only saw the replay on the big screen. it was late but only soft contact from what i could see. looked as if their players started throwing punches.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2015, 17:15

lurcher wrote:only saw the replay on the big screen. it was late but only soft contact from what i could see. looked as if their players started throwing punches.
Wouldn't call them punches mate!! Was funny to see Jewitt handling two dobbins though!!

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 13 Apr 2015, 17:23

I think he is a lucky boy, to see what happened to massey for the charge on chase and he got a match ban for nothing

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2015, 18:43

I think he was determined that campese to use stevos favourite saying of the moment wasn't playing in is dinner jacket
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

amberman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by amberman » 13 Apr 2015, 19:38

Jewitt looked deteremined to get himself binned. Far too much agression IMO in absolute contrast to the discipline of the rest of the forwards. He needs to calm it down a bit.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 Apr 2015, 19:43

amberman wrote:Jewitt looked deteremined to get himself binned. Far too much agression IMO in absolute contrast to the discipline of the rest of the forwards. He needs to calm it down a bit.
1st game back, wanting to get stuck in. Pleased me with his aggressive carries and is 3rd highest player for average metres gained with 10.33 metres a carry - not at all bad!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 13 Apr 2015, 19:45

KB80 wrote:
amberman wrote:Jewitt looked deteremined to get himself binned. Far too much agression IMO in absolute contrast to the discipline of the rest of the forwards. He needs to calm it down a bit.
1st game back, wanting to get stuck in. Pleased me with his aggressive carries and is 3rd highest player for average metres gained with 10.33 metres a carry - not at all bad!
^^^^^^^this
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 13 Apr 2015, 20:31

That's not how I saw it. I saw a bloke who's been sat on the sidelines itching to get out and help his teammates and when given the opportunity he lifted the collective physicality of the whole team. I saw in his first stint what we have been lacking (the aggression/niggle) and am really pleased he's back.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Apr 2015, 21:03

Echo comments above.

We have been lacking fight in defence and the aggression up top lifted the rest of the boys and got them pulling together. Hitting hard, playing hard and becoming a hard team to beat.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

amberman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by amberman » 13 Apr 2015, 21:45

Not saying I dont want aggression but there is a fine line. He is no good to the team in the bin for late hit.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 13 Apr 2015, 22:06

amberman wrote:Not saying I dont want aggression but there is a fine line. He is no good to the team in the bin for late hit.
^^^^^^ Exactly. I notice others using the words & terms fight, aggression & hitting hard (amongst others). Start that game & eventually (sooner rather than later) it'll get out of control, we'll lose our discipline & our fans (in the broader sense of the term). Jewitt had no reason to go in like he did, was lucky the powers that be didn't haul him in, & there was no doubt why DP took him off. Words will have been had ...

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2015, 23:03

I of the Tigers wrote:
amberman wrote:Not saying I dont want aggression but there is a fine line. He is no good to the team in the bin for late hit.
^^^^^^ Exactly. I notice others using the words & terms fight, aggression & hitting hard (amongst others). Start that game & eventually (sooner rather than later) it'll get out of control, we'll lose our discipline & our fans (in the broader sense of the term). Jewitt had no reason to go in like he did, was lucky the powers that be didn't haul him in, & there was no doubt why DP took him off. Words will have been had ...
yeah like ruffle campese a bit,we needed to add some spite in the forwards and it soon became clear to me that hkr didn't fancy it because we were hurting them as they came forward
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 16 Apr 2015, 07:06

I of the Tigers wrote:
I disagree. There is nothing wrong with fight aggression and hitting hard as long as its controlled and within the laws of the game. Run and tackle as hard as you possibly can.