Should Roberts retain his spot?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Should Roberts retain his spot?

Post by the machine » 07 Apr 2015, 22:57

No worries,always like looking at stats myself,its a shame there isnt an app available for the phones that does live scores and player stats from the matches for super league like they have for the NRL
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 08 Apr 2015, 09:12

I thought Roberts ran with the ball really well, and his quick play of the balls won us a couple of penalties that got us important field position.

It's funny really, considering that was only his second start in his preferred position. It still stuns me that after one game on his debut against Catalans people slated him. I think he will get better provided he gets chance to play, and for what it's worth, I'd rather him play than Liam Finn at six.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 08 Apr 2015, 10:12

He'll need to play well if he is picked because i have a feeling campese might outclass both our half backs. He is quality and hasnt taken any time to settle in. He controls games with his organisation, passing and kicking. Top quality half back in my book. Roberts should play because he can improve lots even if he has a poor game we need to give him a run in the team and at his preferred position

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Apr 2015, 16:34

Like other have said our most dangerous 6-7 are Roberts n Gale with Milner at 9, the only uncertainty is the bench spot with Finn covering 6-7 n 9 and Moore covering 9 n back row loose. Finn for me just
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 08 Apr 2015, 20:05

I'd stick with gale and Roberts as well.milner should be a shoe in for first choice hooker when he comes on we start moving forward.can't personally see what Moore offers the team myself.

amberman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by amberman » 08 Apr 2015, 20:38

I agree that he should retain his place however DP seems to always do the opposite of what we think on here, Moore being a prime example.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 09 Apr 2015, 09:36

amberman wrote:I agree that he should retain his place however DP seems to always do the opposite of what we think on here, Moore being a prime example.
That's probably why he is a coach, and we are fans. I don't know why we have to have a yearly campaign, focussing on one player. I think people on here are very hard on Moore, there are some aspects of his game that have really impressed me.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 09 Apr 2015, 11:09

therailwayendisnigh wrote:
amberman wrote:I agree that he should retain his place however DP seems to always do the opposite of what we think on here, Moore being a prime example.
That's probably why he is a coach, and we are fans. I don't know why we have to have a yearly campaign, focussing on one player. I think people on here are very hard on Moore, there are some aspects of his game that have really impressed me.
Agree about Moore, think he gets through a lot of work and demonstrate a cool head at times - like for the Roberts try at the weekend.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 09 Apr 2015, 12:39

KB80 wrote:
Agree about Moore, think he gets through a lot of work and demonstrate a cool head at times - like for the Roberts try at the weekend.
I agree, Moore was onto a loser as soon as he signed replacing Clark, he was never going to win fans over. I think he has played well, although I would use him at 13.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 09 Apr 2015, 12:44

I like Massey at 13 he gets through a shed load of work in defence breakers the gain line in attack and plays long minutes. He regularly gets slated on here and I don't get it. (Ducks for cover)

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Apr 2015, 14:52

TT Tiger wrote:I like Massey at 13 he gets through a shed load of work in defence breakers the gain line in attack and plays long minutes. He regularly gets slated on here and I don't get it. (Ducks for cover)
Looks like I'll be ducking for cover with you TT as I don't understand how Massey gets slated either. Got through a lot of hard graft this year in both attack and defence. However, when Jewitt is back and we have more options in the front row, I would like to see Millington play loose as he causes a lot of problems running out wide. To me Millington, Frankie and Junior M are our most effective forwards running the outside lines, which does leave you thinking where Massey would fit in if everybody is fit. Nice to have the 'squad rotation' option though. Sorry if I have gone slightly OT.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 09 Apr 2015, 16:42

KB80 wrote:
It was a lovely little pass, it made the try. But why would anyone want to see this when it gets in the way of a perfectly good moan?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 09 Apr 2015, 16:50

derbystiger wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:I like Massey at 13 he gets through a shed load of work in defence breakers the gain line in attack and plays long minutes. He regularly gets slated on here and I don't get it. (Ducks for cover)
Looks like I'll be ducking for cover with you TT as I don't understand how Massey gets slated either. Got through a lot of hard graft this year in both attack and defence. However, when Jewitt is back and we have more options in the front row, I would like to see Millington play loose as he causes a lot of problems running out wide. To me Millington, Frankie and Junior M are our most effective forwards running the outside lines, which does leave you thinking where Massey would fit in if everybody is fit. Nice to have the 'squad rotation' option though. Sorry if I have gone slightly OT.
Massey will keep 13 imo
Millington n Moors back row
Mariano on bench
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Apr 2015, 23:13

jackknife wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
Massey will keep 13 imo
Millington n Moors back row
Mariano on bench
And still Oli Holmes floating about. We have good options when all are fit

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 10 Apr 2015, 11:57

KB80 wrote:
It was a lovely little pass, it made the try. But why would anyone want to see this when it gets in the way of a perfectly good moan?
Yep think some on here (including me at times can be guilty of that). In terms of the pass he held his nerve very well, think a lot may have tried a bit of a hail Mary long pass, which wouldn't have worked.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 10 Apr 2015, 12:02

Andrew6666 wrote:
KB80 wrote:
I agree, Moore was onto a loser as soon as he signed replacing Clark, he was never going to win fans over. I think he has played well, although I would use him at 13.
Yeah wouldn't be a bad call as a regular 13, certainly when we have the likes of Moors back as would probably need size around him to ensure we didn't get bullied (essentially losing a prop in Massey or similar).

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 10 Apr 2015, 15:43

Forgot about Holmes id push Millington in to props with Jewitt, Lynch and who ever else n play Holmes n Moors with Mariano bench
CLASSY CAS FOREVER