Yvette Cooper/Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Yvette Cooper/Steve Gill

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Mar 2015, 23:43

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
old cas lass wrote: Like as been said, the tories couldn't give a flying fig about Castleford.
To them we are just a small ex mining town destroyed by the tories.
They do however, supposedly care about the economy, recovery, employment and reducing the deficit. They have messed up big style not only to warm to the hearts of residents of this area in some way and repay for everything that's happened even just a modicum, but also to have a huge soundbyte on their manifesto with this development.

Just think of all the chest-thumping and shouting they could have done about getting private investment, lots of jobs and reducing the deficit by encouraging such things.

Whoever the Tories' PR person is needs to look at themselves and send out a message to the NCPU before it's too late. Otherwise, it's a vote killer.
A vote killer for who? A rock solid Labour seat and it won't be a marginal anytime soon. Whats good for Castleford Tigers isn't necessarily good for the local economy or even the environment. It needed more scrutiny considering the offerings to the community was dubious to say the least.

The most Ironic thing about all this was the good possibility of it been passed if you had gone down the Community Stadium route. Just like Glasshoughton you have gone for the hail mary and tried to get it all. I can't help but think your large debt to the Fulton Family is whats hanging over your head.
We are living in a changing generation where new voters are coming into the fold and won't be swayed by arguments of the past. This is all about what Governments can do for us NOW. The Tories had a good chance to build on some of the apathy and claw some votes in this area. They have been doing this over the last few years, as have UKIP, I believe - certainly in the council elections.

IMO, they have just killed off any chance of persuading any people in this area that we are in it together. Kellingley has just closed so 1900 jobs is necessary, a successful rugby league club providing a multiplier effect to local businesses is needed. The economic benefits would be huge, this area is going to the dogs. You seem to be hung on this community tosh. Think you need to start reading and banging your head against a wall so it sinks in.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 26 Mar 2015, 00:45

Black n Amber wrote: Just out of curiosity, how many pits did Labour re-open when they came back into power, theirs something wrong with an industry whn it's cheaper too import the stuff, than dig it up outa the mine oursleves, it takes two to tango, and Arthur picked on the wrong one, she took us to war to defend british territory, labour took us into 2 wars to defend George Bush's honour
She took us to war to defend British Territory ...... What a crock of all!

She took us to war because the Tories were floundering in the polls during her first term and the political opinion was that Labour could regain power at the next elevtion.

Thatcher had the lowest ever approval rating for a PM. The UK had seen the city centre riots across major cities with racism rife.

The Argentinian invasion of the Falklands was an absolute godsend to Thatcher who used the invasion as a blatant opportunity to lead the country into war as though she was Churchill. What many people who cheered Thatcher and our Armed Forces into battle did not not know was that the US through their satellites had shown the Tories images of the build up of Argentinian navy and armed forces on the Argentinian mainland a few months before the Argies invaded.

All it would have taken was for the UK to have sent the navy to the Falklands and the Argies would never have invaded. But the Tories left the door open for the Argies so that war was inevitable. The won the next election on the blood of dead servicemen.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 26 Mar 2015, 00:54

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:
Black n Amber wrote: Just out of curiosity, how many pits did Labour re-open when they came back into power, theirs something wrong with an industry whn it's cheaper too import the stuff, than dig it up outa the mine oursleves, it takes two to tango, and Arthur picked on the wrong one, she took us to war to defend british territory, labour took us into 2 wars to defend George Bush's honour
She took us to war to defend British Territory ...... What a crock of all!

She took us to war because the Tories were floundering in the polls during her first term and the political opinion was that Labour could regain power at the next elevtion.

Thatcher had the lowest ever approval rating for a PM. The UK had seen the city centre riots across major cities with racism rife.

The Argentinian invasion of the Falklands was an absolute godsend to Thatcher who used the invasion as a blatant opportunity to lead the country into war as though she was Churchill. What many people who cheered Thatcher and our Armed Forces into battle did not not know was that the US through their satellites had shown the Tories images of the build up of Argentinian navy and armed forces on the Argentinian mainland a few months before the Argies invaded.

All it would have taken was for the UK to have sent the navy to the Falklands and the Argies would never have invaded. But the Tories left the door open for the Argies so that war was inevitable. The won the next election on the blood of dead servicemen.
Absolutely Bloody Spot on!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 26 Mar 2015, 09:24

Last time i looked this was a rugby forum for the Castleford Tigers ;) :)

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 26 Mar 2015, 09:47

duke street 10 wrote:Last time i looked this was a rugby forum for the Castleford Tigers ;) :)
:clap:
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 26 Mar 2015, 10:05

duke street 10 wrote:Last time i looked this was a rugby forum for the Castleford Tigers ;) :)
:clap:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Mar 2015, 10:11

It is. Is it not politicians who as the future of our club in there hands.
Hence the reason this as turned into a political thread.

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 26 Mar 2015, 11:01

I am absolutely staggered that anyone - I repeat anyone, from this and the surrounding area could even mention the Tory scum and even worse actually contemplate voting for them!! ](*,) ](*,)

I will never forgive them for 84 - 85 and what came after, and would never ever vote for them even if it was a compulsory vote and they were the only party that was standing. In my opinion they were described perfectly by Aneurin Bevan when he labelled them as "lower than vermin". :clap: :clap:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Mar 2015, 11:28

old cas lass wrote:
and meny players from the past came from the mining background,my dad supported the club all his life and worked on the coal face at glasshoughton for forty years and i watched him go from a strapping fit man in 83 to a almost brocken man by the end of the strike he died shortly afterwards ,it is what it is but sometimes you feel the need to make a comment on things other than rugby league im sorry if that was out of place on here
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Mar 2015, 11:36

tigerfeat wrote: and meny players from the past came from the mining background,my dad supported the club all his life and worked on the coal face at glasshoughton for forty years and i watched him go from a strapping fit man in 83 to a almost brocken man by the end of the strike he died shortly afterwards ,it is what it is but sometimes you feel the need to make a comment on things other than rugby league im sorry if that was out of place on here
I understand your feeling tigerfeat.
I had plenty of family members who struggled for 12 months while the strike was on.
I don't blame people for being bitter.

Anyhow lets hope the MP's of today see sense and give us the stadium we all want.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Mar 2015, 12:41

The Fox wrote:I am absolutely staggered that anyone - I repeat anyone, from this and the surrounding area could even mention the Tory scum and even worse actually contemplate voting for them!! ](*,) ](*,) :
Each to there own I guess!!!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 26 Mar 2015, 13:14

old cas lass wrote:
Well its going to be a long 6 weeks (or longer if its coalition time, so we may have the Scots,Welsh,etc deciding our fate too)!.

What is making my wotsit boil is we are starting to sound like some of the sad lot on Wakey Rl fans...blaming everybody else for their situation. As a club did we work hard enough in the past or were people just expecting things to just happen?....its over 15years and counting.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Mar 2015, 13:23

HuddsTigers wrote:..There is a political will, public will and also support from some influential and key individuals in business.
And that just about sums up why this dubious development will take place, regardless of it's overall impact on the area. I'm all for a new stadium for Cas but the infrastructure changes for this one remain inaduequate.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 26 Mar 2015, 15:20

The Fox wrote:I am absolutely staggered that anyone - I repeat anyone, from this and the surrounding area could even mention the Tory scum and even worse actually contemplate voting for them!! ](*,) ](*,)

I will never forgive them for 84 - 85 and what came after, and would never ever vote for them even if it was a compulsory vote and they were the only party that was standing. In my opinion they were described perfectly by Aneurin Bevan when he labelled them as "lower than vermin". :clap: :clap:
Omg how blinkered. We can't live our lives for 2 decades ago
Blair and his cronies sold Britain down the river, trying to buy his way out of trouble. And remember he was in charge when we voted in Europe to open our gates to the eastern Europeans. I've always said put a monkey in a red suit and folk from case will vote for it and some views on here show that point. Conservatives have brought us back from the brink and started the economy growing again. I doubt milliband could even lace camerons boots. But as always said, each to their own. ;-)

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 26 Mar 2015, 15:31

chesterfield tiger
you say the cons have brought us back from the brink
they done a fantastic job if you are a millionaire
cut there tax to 45% which nets them over 100k more each year
got more in job -these jobs on 0 hours contracts or part time work
they bring in a bed room tax which hits the poor
n h s waiting times up-time in A&E up.people on esa benifits cut..disabled on dla cut
house building at a all time low.you can make the figures look good with a touch up there and a bit of that sum
since 2010 more foodbanks open.more ppl on the breadline.if you a millionair you done well out of goverment if you a banker you done great...if you sick or o a p you get nothing but screwed with this lot in power

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 26 Mar 2015, 15:54

Could we get back to comments which are relevant to the propsed new stadium at GH.

If politics are to brought into it, they should relate directly to the new stadium or Castleford Tigers RLFC.

Anyone who wants to discuss further the merits/disadvantages of a particular political party, please post comments in the Cas forum lounge ( link below)

Thank you

CM

http://www.casforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

MY CLUB. MY CAS

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 26 Mar 2015, 23:15

Only on here could the best, most relevant and interesting thread in ages, that gets people talking/debating intelligently (for the most part) like grown adults get binned for not being 'on topic'.

Bravo.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 26 Mar 2015, 23:27

WF10 wrote:Only on here could the best, most relevant and interesting thread in ages, that gets people talking/debating intelligently (for the most part) like grown adults get binned for not being 'on topic'.

Bravo.
If I want politics I will watch Newsnight (which I do), If I want to talk about Castleford RL I come on here. CM is absolutely right to point out that this is a thread about the new ground in GH, which whilst having a political dimension isn't a place to have a very interesting, but misplaced, political debate.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 27 Mar 2015, 10:47

WF10 wrote:Only on here could the best, most relevant and interesting thread in ages, that gets people talking/debating intelligently (for the most part) like grown adults get binned for not being 'on topic'.

Bravo.
Well said WF10. Totally enjoyed this discussion thread where posters have shown a passion in their beliefs.

Now back to the threads were we read ad nauseum about what people heard from a bloke down the pub!

But if I say I hope the project is not called in then the post is related to the thread.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 27 Mar 2015, 13:38

Up to know the scheme hasn't been called in it's been differed. With luck, after the election who ever gets in, they will see the values in this and allow this investment in Cas to go ahead, it's not just about a stadium it's about the jobs and revenue it will bring in to our area, especially since the death of our last pit has just been guaranteed