Ben Roberts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Ben Roberts

Post by flood light tiger » 21 Mar 2015, 00:16

Well done Ben Roberts had a stormer of a game tonight, would like to see him play a full game against Hull next week, well done to the team better than last week. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Ben Roberts

Post by Aid » 21 Mar 2015, 00:29

flood light tiger wrote:Well done Ben Roberts had a stormer of a game tonight, would like to see him play a full game against Hull next week, well done to the team better than last week. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Three or four good runs showed that the ability and skill are there and that DPs gentle easing in of Ben is working> He is only going to get better. Thought that Milner made a good contribution as well.
cum on you Ford

Allerton eskimo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Allerton eskimo » 21 Mar 2015, 01:03

Played well and looked as though he was enjoying himself.
Deservedly millo was mom but BR can't have been far off.
Finn showed up really well too.. A lot of what was good about tonight had Finn involved

Fair play - DP managed to get the reaction we needed. Onwards and upwards I hope.

I thought we'd struggle tonight - happy to be proved wrong!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 21 Mar 2015, 01:10

Yep Roberts did very well. I suggested he shouldn't play in the half's tonight and that centre may be an option. Stand by the not playing in the half's bit (Finn was outstanding tonight). Thought Roberts did well at hooker and looked very good in the unfamilar full back role - looked dangerous with space and ball in hand. Good to see him utilise his running game.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 21 Mar 2015, 01:11

Allerton eskimo wrote: I thought we'd struggle tomight
So did I, I was shocked how poor Salford were but I'm happy to take the points.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Greyhound
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Greyhound » 21 Mar 2015, 01:26

Thought Ben had a really good game, got involved and rolled his sleeves up. Took on the Salford line in attack and stood up in defence

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 21 Mar 2015, 01:30

Roberts is showing what he has to offers us! He will come good !
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Mar 2015, 01:51

he certainly will, form is temporary, class is permanent.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

homeandaway
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by homeandaway » 21 Mar 2015, 02:30

Never a true word spockan

homeandaway
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by homeandaway » 21 Mar 2015, 02:31

Never a truer word spockan

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Mar 2015, 08:23

Excellant performance from Roberts - speed, strenght and amazing footwork. I'm sure the fans singing his name gave him a real boost. Well done Cas Fans.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Mar 2015, 09:35

I wouldn't say Roberts deserve to start at full back over Dorn...I think Luke offers more joining the line in attack and its no coincedence our scoring slowed when he went off. However Roberts did look dangerous in space and his footwork close to their defensive line did look dazzling at times!.

Thing is D.P has some nice problems to have for next Friday,and guess the key is keep the squad happy and stress all the squad have contributions to make!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 21 Mar 2015, 09:45

Yeah much better from Roberts ... overall team performance makes you more wonder about last week's woeful showing ... Clare is surely doing enough to warrant the shirt ... good stint again from Cook ... over an hour on the field 1st stint for Moors ... Gale needs to get in some more goal kicking practice (why does he not do this before the game?) ... we can only get better when Lynch / Jewitt / Mariano become available. But when all said & done, 2 more points next Friday is now the crucial thing. Oh, & Koukash left his seat in the main stand over 15 mins before the end lol. COYF

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Mar 2015, 10:16

Solomona and Tansey when fit will also give us some good options

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 21 Mar 2015, 10:56

Great to see him making ground and getting stuck in, loved the ben roberts chat its got to have made him feel more at home. I always thought he would come good in time and i think he will just get better from here on !
Gale was goal kicking in the warm up ! and to be fair he did have some close misses, but in other games that could cost us. ( maybe we got used to sneyd , he was bloody good )

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Mar 2015, 11:53

baldtiger wrote:Great to see him making ground and getting stuck in, loved the ben roberts chat its got to have made him feel more at home. I always thought he would come good in time and i think he will just get better from here on !
Gale was goal kicking in the warm up ! and to be fair he did have some close misses, but in other games that could cost us. ( maybe we got used to sneyd , he was bloody good )
Sneyd missed his fair few

Gale was solid with the boot against wigan,last night was an off night,it happens
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 21 Mar 2015, 12:23

yer ben played well today,it as took some time but i think he will only get better,you cant go from been a international player and playing in the australian elite game to become a bad player over night,so whatever has been the reason for the slow start,lets get behind him now, because we need him to improve to his full potential and win us some games which i believe he can!

Greyhound
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Greyhound » 22 Mar 2015, 01:04

Numerous players from down under have taken a while to settle, even a season. Think fri night will give benny a lift and boost his confidence. Seems to me DP and the club are managing the settling in process Ok

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 22 Mar 2015, 01:24

Said since we signed him he is a rocks and diamonds player. He's been like that all his career, why would it be different now? He'll win you a game one week and have a stinker the next, better get used to it people.

Clubber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Clubber » 22 Mar 2015, 12:43

The Firm wrote:Said since we signed him he is a rocks and diamonds player. He's been like that all his career, why would it be different now? He'll win you a game one week and have a stinker the next, better get used to it people.
Disagree. Earlier in his career yes he had a fair few mistakes in his game but he has been very consistent for a while now. Seems to me that the "rock or diamonds" tag (which I have to say I think is a pathetic and derogatory term) has stuck a people tend to get "used to" using the term. I think what Ben has learned over the years, his maturity as a player and our top coaching team will stand him in good stead in his time at Cas.